• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears vs Cowboys

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care what yall say this turnover free safer Romo Stinks. I'm not bashing my dude Romo....my point is he needs to be a gun slinger and not a game manager.

Why does it have to be one or the other? Why not just, make some plays and take some chances when you should and don't take chances when you shouldn't? Either way, you can't play a game manager offense (not just Romo, but play calling too) when your defense gives up 40+ points. you can start the game that way, but if you start getting blown out you need to open it up. There is a time and a place to take chances...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mles Austin got paid and shut it down....cut'em

I'm not going to agree that because he was paid that he shut it down, but there is no chance Miles comes back next year. He is just not any good at all at this point. WTF happened? The injuries? This year he has played with the explosiveness of a TE, the durability of a China doll and the hands of a statue. All the while, like hte rest of hte team, he seems content with his play and happy to tell us they'll try harder next week...

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes you did. And 3 or 4 days ago you were talking about the possibility of us finishing with the #2 seed this year. Which to believe?

All I said was the Cowboys had a chance at the #2 seed if they took care of business and finished out their last 4 games. That's it. That's all I posted. There was nothing in that post where I stated that they would do it and if they did, my opinion hasn't changed at all. I told you after the Detroit game, even if the Cowboys did win the division and make the playoffs, that that would be it. We are not in the same league wit New Orleans, Seattle or S.F. Case closed. Looks like now we can't even beat out the egals. Chip Kelly and his bunch come in here and win the NFC east their first year. What a slap in the face to Garrett, Shanahan and Coughlin and their respective organizations.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes you did. And 3 or 4 days ago you were talking about the possibility of us finishing with the #2 seed this year. Which to believe?

Believe what you want Jarnett. I don't drink the Jerry Jones Kool aid, never have, never will. :gaah:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I said was the Cowboys had a chance at the #2 seed if they took care of business and finished out their last 4 games. That's it. That's all I posted. There was nothing in that post where I stated that they would do it and if they did, my opinion hasn't changed at all. I told you after the Detroit game, even if the Cowboys did win the division and make the playoffs, that that would be it. We are not in the same league wit New Orleans, Seattle or S.F. Case closed. Looks like now we can't even beat out the egals. Chip Kelly and his bunch come in here and win the NFC east their first year. What a slap in the face to Garrett, Shanahan and Coughlin and their respective organizations.

Nothing said in my post where you stated they would do it either. And you said we were done weeks before that and we weren't...and still aren't. Just like you said the Giants were done after week 3 and they weren't. You also said Philly was done and they weren't.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe what you want Jarnett. I don't drink the Jerry Jones Kool aid, never have, never will. :gaah:

And who here does? Please point to the specific posts instead of continuing to state things with no proof. You started on a down hill slope at ESPN and have been taking your foot off the brakes for months now.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing said in my post where you stated they would do it either. And you said we were done weeks before that and we weren't...and still aren't. Just like you said the Giants were done after week 3 and they weren't. You also said Philly was done and they weren't.
I said stick a fork in the Giants weeks ago, yes. And they are done. Just so there are no misunderstandings, cause I've been holding back for a few weeks now, the 2013 Dallas Cowboys are done. Stick a fork in them.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does it have to be one or the other? Why not just, make some plays and take some chances when you should and don't take chances when you shouldn't? Either way, you can't play a game manager offense (not just Romo, but play calling too) when your defense gives up 40+ points. you can start the game that way, but if you start getting blown out you need to open it up. There is a time and a place to take chances...

Nah I think the coaching staff has asked Romo to taper his game down in doing so he has become a game manager and its not in is make up as a qb to do so. I would buy the 40 point given up thing but this is not the 1st time this season our offense has played sub-par. Truth is the Bears only need 24 points to beat us the last score the Cowboys got was a garbage time T.D. Anyone with a shred of common since understands that this defense needs to be overhauled. So there's no need to even debate the defense. We knew that coming into the season. I for one expected this offense to be a top 5 scoring /ypg offense based on the history of the pass 4 seasons. It looks to me that same guys on this team have quit, for whatever reason.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one here wants to remain mediocre, but know whats to do what it takes to get better. I understand it sounds ridiculous to do what I and others are suggesting in "blowing this thing up", and receive all kind of penalties and sanctions, but whats the solution with Jerry as G.M. Excuse the analogy but if you have Cancer the only way to get healthy its to kill the disease within in doing so yeah your going to kill some good cells, but you have to exterminate all the bad cells to survive. If it takes 3 years to recovery I can wait. We've waited this long. I hope I didn't offend anyone with this rigid analogy. I'm not trying to be insensitive to anyone who knows some one or has themselves had to struggle with this terrible disease.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:
No one here wants to remain mediocre, but know whats to do what it takes to get better. I understand it sounds ridiculous to do what I and others are suggesting in "blowing this thing up", and receive all kind of penalties and sanctions, but whats the solution with Jerry as G.M. Excuse the analogy but if you have Cancer the only way to get healthy its to kill the disease within in doing so yeah your going to kill some good cells, but you have to exterminate all the bad cells to survive. If it takes 3 years to recovery I can wait. We've waited this long. I hope I didn't offend anyone with this rigid analogy. I'm not trying to be insensitive to anyone who knows some one or has themselves had to struggle with this terrible disease.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah I think the coaching staff has asked Romo to taper his game down in doing so he has become a game manager and its not in is make up as a qb to do so. I would buy the 40 point given up thing but this is not the 1st time this season our offense has played sub-par. Truth is the Bears only need 24 points to beat us the last score the Cowboys got was a garbage time T.D. Anyone with a shred of common since understands that this defense needs to be overhauled. So there's no need to even debate the defense. We knew that coming into the season. I for one expected this offense to be a top 5 scoring /ypg offense based on the history of the pass 4 seasons. It looks to me that same guys on this team have quit, for whatever reason.

The offense has improved in areas. Red Zone especially. That with the reduced turnovers we are 3rd or 4rth in the league in scoring. I do understand what you are saying though. I think the yardage is down because we really dont possess the ball very much. I think the Bears were like 4 for 4 their first drive on 3rd downs. Offensively , we have to have someone get the pressure off Dez. Nobody on our offense with exception of Dez scares anyone.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense has improved in areas. Red Zone especially. That with the reduced turnovers we are 3rd or 4rth in the league in scoring. I do understand what you are saying though. I think the yardage is down because we really dont possess the ball very much. I think the Bears were like 4 for 4 their first drive on 3rd downs. Offensively , we have to have someone get the pressure off Dez. Nobody on our offense with exception of Dez scares anyone.
I know this isn't popular thinking, but I see Dez as what he was last year. An inconsistent player with tons of potential. Miles cant consistently stay on the field & isn't a pillar of consistency when he is on the field. T.Williams isn't consistent at all but I do see some upside to him. Only receiver I think is consistent but wont ever be more than a #3 to 4 is Beasley. So why do you think Dez scares anyone? If they double him he is taken completely out of the game. So your argument is he is only scary when one on one? (if he doesn't drop it)
Dez is not the All star WR that everyone wants him to be. Will he become such. maybe, but definitely not until he gets better.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way this team can be blown up and stay within NFL rules it will take two to four years. With the bonus money these players have tied up the cuts will have to come over a few seasons. The only way I see out of the current situation is for Jerry to just decide there is no hope in the very near future and let some contracts expire or nearly expire and not try to make a run for a while. The team will become asbismal at best, but at least we'd have a few years at high draft picks which we could use to build a team. There is just NO WAY to tear the whole thing down in one off season.

There is no quick fix unless you believe the current core players can get it done.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this isn't popular thinking, but I see Dez as what he was last year. An inconsistent player with tons of potential. Miles cant consistently stay on the field & isn't a pillar of consistency when he is on the field. T.Williams isn't consistent at all but I do see some upside to him. Only receiver I think is consistent but wont ever be more than a #3 to 4 is Beasley. So why do you think Dez scares anyone? If they double him he is taken completely out of the game. So your argument is he is only scary when one on one? (if he doesn't drop it)
Dez is not the All star WR that everyone wants him to be. Will he become such. maybe, but definitely not until he gets better.

That is a fair assessment regarding all players mention including Dez, however will continue to believe if Romo would give Dez in the ball park 12-15 Targets a game regardless of the Coverage not is he gonna come up big for us...but he will actually grow as a football player.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez is absolutely going to be one of our building blocks. Does he have flaws? Yes. But to ignore the fact that he is one of the most dominating WRs in the league is being short sighted. He was blanketed on the TD and still made the play. Perhaps that should send a signal to throw to him more often even if not wide open. That doesn't mean force it to him no matter what, but it does mean make sure he has more tha n2 catches. We had decent coverage on Jeffery for most of his big plays, but his QB still threw the ball and he still made the plays.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez is absolutely going to be one of our building blocks. Does he have flaws? Yes. But to ignore the fact that he is one of the most dominating WRs in the league is being short sighted. He was blanketed on the TD and still made the play. Perhaps that should send a signal to throw to him more often even if not wide open. That doesn't mean force it to him no matter what, but it does mean make sure he has more tha n2 catches. We had decent coverage on Jeffery for most of his big plays, but his QB still threw the ball and he still made the plays.

:agree: Iv'e been saying this all season and I won't wavier from believing this. Look at all the Good wr in the league their qb's expect them to make plays on the ball. i don't understand why Romo has lost confidence in Dez. Yes he drops ball he shouldn't and fumbles to dang much, but I think it's a product of him trying to hard to prove he's a play maker. Truth is he's already proved it.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a fine line that we need to be aware of. You can't force it when you have a better option, but you need to not be afraid to throw it at times also. I am also stilll waiting to see Dez in motion more. If nothing else it makes it confusing for the D if they are planning on doubling him.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a fair assessment regarding all players mention including Dez, however will continue to believe if Romo would give Dez in the ball park 12-15 Targets a game regardless of the Coverage not is he gonna come up big for us...but he will actually grow as a football player.

I don't like the idea of forcing the ball yo any player who is double teamed. There are some WR's I'd be more willing to chance it with over Dez, but with his controlling the ball issues it is a big risk getting the ball to him with too many hands near by. INT's and fumbles would sky rocket. I wish Dez would risk a offensive pass interference if it looks like the D has a better play on the ball. I know Michael used to do it. Yes it's 15 yards but we still have the ball.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree. Dez is basically the same wide receiver he was in college. A physical specimen with superior talent and a horrible route runner. How hard is it to work on your pass routes after being at this level for 3 plus years? What is the noticeable improvement to his game since his arrival in Dallas? Really? can anyone help me see this? Dez is a monster down on the goal line like a big man in basketball going down in the low post. What am I missing here? What about Dez's game besides a small amount of maturity has improved since coming to Dallas?

I think the butt hurt feelings expressed by the excowboys turned bears had some truth. It's a country club in Dallas and everything all the time is not football. Pitch a tent over that circus