• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears to RELEASE Roberto Garza sign Will Montgomery

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Center Will Montgomery Former Denver and 6th round Carolina draft pick to be signed by the Bears.

He's a Fox guy. BUT he's 32?

I have always thought Garza was a liability and didn't understand why they resigned him at the end of last year.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Hooray! Finally. I don't know that Montgomery is the answer, but watching Garza get overpowered on pass rushes and dragging on pulling plays drove me batshit crazy sometimes.

Garza had some good years here, he was a solid guy for awhile, but the last three years have been painful to watch.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess part of the resigning players had to do with thanking them for their service. When we got DLP last year, Garza should have been put back out in the guard mix. When Slausen was hurt, Garza should have moved to guard. I thought Garza was more of a Indonaje signing from last year, keep him around unless nothing else works out.

I liked the tenacity of Boggs, like the Olin Kruetz mentality of being the first guy down field to pick up your running back after he is tackled. Hope this new guy brings some of that, even if he is 32.

DLP is still out there too though, so dont know if Montgomery is more to start or back up.
Definitely the one place on the o line that needed upgrading.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Garza should've been moved back to guard years ago.

Bears brass did a terrible job replacing Kreutz. Garza was a great stop-gap er' what have you, but not the answer for the next 4 years!?

C

cubzzzfanincali

imagine a universe in which the Bears picked Rodney Hudson instead of Gabe Carimi in 2011....

ah, better stop doing that to myself.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montgomery came in last year to compete with the starting spot in Denver. Didn't win it out of the box, but by the end of the season he was the starting Center in Denver.

My thought, he is a stop gap. I suspect Pace drafts or finds a younger guy soon... obviously.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Garza should've been moved back to guard years ago.

Bears brass did a terrible job replacing Kreutz. Garza was a great stop-gap er' what have you, but not the answer for the next 4 years!?

Exactly. Garza was pretty good at G, and when they put him at C when Kreutz left for NO was a head scratcher. The team needs a solid C.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garza see ya. Monty? no Wiz now. Were sure to draft C now too. Still a upgrade any way you slice it.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DLP can slide there if needed as a stop-gap, no?

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newly acquired Center Will Montgomery Said that he received a text from... The terrible leader.... Jay Cutler!
"wishing me well and saying he was looking forward to working with me"
I'm positive that was a lie...or a PR stunt by the Bears. And if true I'm sure Jay had his typical jerkface while typing said text...and probably threw his phone against the wall while cursing PR people and flipping the bird as he walked out of Halas Hall.
#Leadership.

WHY isn't Jay doing things like Kyle Long and thanking Garza on Twitter? See I knew he was a JERK!

You can find good things about Jay Cutler if you care to look. Just sayin. Go Bears!

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus H Christ, did he meet him at the airport? Did he give him a ride to Halas Hall for a press conference. He is about to put his hands on his ball sack each play.

HE SENT YET ANOTHER F'N TEXT!!!!!

WHERE DOES THAT FIT AS BEING A LEADER ON THE FIELD?

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol... Oh AIdiot. Where does that fit in being a leader on the field? That's what you're asking?
If you can't see a connection to being cool off the field and on, then I can't help you.
You're funny.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And... Chicago has made the playoffs every year since Jay's been here!
#Blackhawks love Jay Cutler! :)

C

cubzzzfanincali

yeah the later part of the Roberto Garza era was good for the Blackhawks too.