• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears fire G.M Jerry Angelo

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Angelo out in Chicago | ProFootballTalk

In December, rumors swirled that Bears G.M. Jerry Angelo was contemplating leaving the Bears for retirement. The rumors were half right.

Per multiple reports, the Bears have fired Angelo, more than 10 years after he became the team’s General Manager.

Surprising but not entirely shocking, Angelo becomes the fall guy for a late-season collapse fueled by mismanagement of the quarterback position.

And so, while most General Managers survive at least two failed coaching regimes, Angelo hired only one coach during his time in Chicago — and that coach is still there.

The next question is whether coach Lovie Smith will be the next to go. His extension following the 2010 playoff run represented more of a Band-Aid than a security blanket. If the Bears have decided to dip into their buyout budget for Angelo, they may do the same for Smith, especially since every G.M. wants to hire his own head coach.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next man in, needs to give Forte his money! lol

youmadbro™

There's always next year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No surprise honestly. Hope Lovie is on his way out too.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imo he did a great job not getting a back up. with forte hurt they woulda lost anyways in the playoffs. at least now they have better draft position.

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lovie smith is staying on as bears head coach!! i thought he was going to be fired as well

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I don't see why anyone would fire Lovie Smith. He's gotten that team to over-achieve for years IMO. Almost won a SB with Rex friggn' Grossman.

I think both the move to fire Angelo & the move to keep Lovie were good ones. Angelo did trade for Cutler & sign Peppers, to his credit, but I'm not impressed with the Bears' drafting lately.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why anyone would fire Lovie Smith. He's gotten that team to over-achieve for years IMO. Almost won a SB with Rex friggn' Grossman.

I think both the move to fire Angelo & the move to keep Lovie were good ones. Angelo did trade for Cutler & sign Peppers, to his credit, but I'm not impressed with the Bears' drafting lately.

He's got to be one of the worst drafting GM's in the league. I did like the Carimi pick, though.