• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears @ Chargers - Sunday Night

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of the top end talent on the team (Herbert, Ekeler, Allen, Bosa, Mack, and James) people think they are really good, and they probably should be. But the chargers have had a terrible record practically the whole time Herbert has been there. I think we have a better chance to win than people give us credit for. I know Wright will probably be out, but if Bagent is still getting the ball out quickly and accurately, it will help negate their excellent pass rushers and if you can do that, I think it makes the rest of the defense vulnerable. Wright will be sorely missed in the run game though.
If we run the ball well again and Bagent executes like he did on Sunday. Yeah, we might be able to do enough. Ekeler has been banged up and hasn't really gotten going yet. Our secondary has been playing pretty solidly the last couple of weeks and they give me hope that we might be able to maintain Allen.

We definitely have a shot. We just need some things to go well.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers head coach should've been shitcanned in week two. He has pulled some absolutely mind-fuckingly stupid shit this year. Like next-level stupid.

I like the Bears odds of being able to run the ball, barring forman's back is ok and/or Johnson returns this week. I Run the ball, and stop the run, is ALWAYS a recipe for success. I actually like our odds, and based on what I saw of a one-armed Wright last week, I'd want him with one leg versus most. He is a bonafide stud.

Can't wait to see Bagent keep stacking wins.

Bill Murray Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The even bigger news was how Wright did such an awesome job against Crosby..... with a bad shoulder. "Gutted thru" the game is an understatement against the likes of Crosby. I have a feeling we will see Borom back at RT at some point, even though he has been doing good on the left. I guess its easy to see the troubles in the middle without really seeing how well the ends have been playing and playing roulette with the shotgun snaps.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is talking about Bagent/Fields right now...but this is the biggest game of the season for our defense. Herbert is a good QB with solid weapons and past performance predicts he should shred our defense. It's one thing for our defense to perform well vs. bum/young QB's but they have to be able to hold it down reasonably against the good ones too. If the defense holds up well Sunday, that's a good sign going forward.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did say that Getsy will still need to play it somewhat safe
Not that Getsy is off the hook, but i believe this is 100% Eberflus. He had timeouts and plenty of time on the clock at the end of the half and Eberflus basically let the clock wind down.
Eberflus coaches not to lose. His defense isn't aggressive, so is it any surprise his offense isn't either?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that Getsy is off the hook, but i believe this is 100% Eberflus. He had timeouts and plenty of time on the clock at the end of the half and Eberflus basically let the clock wind down.
Eberflus coaches not to lose. His defense isn't aggressive, so is it any surprise his offense isn't either?
Maybe a combination of the two. In one sense, the ultimate decision on how a team operates during its two minute warning falls on the shoulder of the head coach. But I think Getsy deserves a little flak because he's the playcaller for this team. The offense looked disjointed or befuddled or something down that key stretch. Fortunately it turned out to be a no harm/no foul situation. But we should never blow opportunities like that when they pop up. There could come a time when that could end up biting us in the ass.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe a combination of the two. In one sense, the ultimate decision on how a team operates during its two minute warning falls on the shoulder of the head coach. But I think Getsy deserves a little flak because he's the playcaller for this team. The offense looked disjointed or befuddled or something down that key stretch. Fortunately it turned out to be a no harm/no foul situation. But we should never blow opportunities like that when they pop up. There could come a time when that could end up biting us in the ass.
I would agree had I not heard Eberflus' press conference. He was specifically asked about the 2-minute drill and a full compliment of timeouts. Eberflus gave his typical "coachspeak" answer which talked about the offensive penalty on the previous set of plays setting them back, the concern about execution, and then possibly having to punt the ball with time on the clock.

When pressed for a followup, a reporter (I think Peter King) even mentioned how well the offense was playing at that point in the game, so why not give the rookie QB that experience and try to put more points in the board? Eberflus essentially doubled down on his answer.

He is coaching scared imo.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One stat of note that could impact how Eberflus/Getsy have formulated their game for Sunday nite is the Chargers pass defense is dead last in the league, surrendering an average of 310 YPG. I'm certainly not suggesting that as a result we'll be a pass-happy team in this game. We'll still test them with a bunch of runs until proven otherwise. FYI, the Bears are 5th in the league in run yardage per game, and unlike last year, it's not like we have Fields ratcheting up the numbers. Yes, he's still 2nd on the team in yards, but this season the Bears running game is more spread out. Still, with a dead last passing defense from the Chargers, it shouldn't shock any of us if the Bears air it out more and hopefully offer us a well balanced offense.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is purely a hunch:
Assuming the entire coaching staff is gone at the end of the season, I have a feeling the Bears will break tradition and fire Eberflus either before the Zona game or the Falcons game and make Getsy interrum.

The reason is because if Eberflus' conservative gameplan is the problem, holding the Bears offense back, that'll give Getsy free reign to open up the offense.

:noidea:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is purely a hunch:
Assuming the entire coaching staff is gone at the end of the season, I have a feeling the Bears will break tradition and fire Eberflus either before the Zona game or the Falcons game and make Getsy interrum.

The reason is because if Eberflus' conservative gameplan is the problem, holding the Bears offense back, that'll give Getsy free reign to open up the offense.

:noidea:
I'll agree with you on the possibility of Flus getting canned and maybe even go you one better, but it's all based on IF - a huge and sad if, but only if the Bears go on another nasty losing streak. And when I said going one better, if we were to stop winning games, I don't think it would last until we face the Cards or Falcons. I don't think Poles would wait any longer than after the 2nd Vikings game to shitcan him. That would make 5 consecutiuve losses, which is when I think Poles would yank the cord. But we're back to that IF - personally I don't think we'll drop 5 straight and honestly all it would take is one or two dubs for Flus to ride out the rest of the season.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lotta Bears fans gearing up for the Bagent coming out party and I'm over here expecting our defense to just get lit up/re-exposed after a few good weeks.

Ahhh the joys of being a well-worn and beaten down Chicago fan...

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lotta Bears fans gearing up for the Bagent coming out party and I'm over here expecting our defense to just get lit up/re-exposed after a few good weeks.

Ahhh the joys of being a well-worn and beaten down Chicago fan...
No doubt our D is going to be tested in this game. Sure would help if we can keep Herbert's time on the field to as little as possible. Long sustained drives by our O could really help with that. Guess all we can do at this point is hurry up and wait to see how this all plays out.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the latest I see with respect to the injury list and who might or might not play on Sunday:

Bears rookie running back Roschon Johnson is out of concussion protocol and expects to play Sunday against the Chargers.

Safety Jaquan Brisker (illness), right guard Nate Davis (ankle), quarterback Justin Fields (dislocated thumb), tight end Marcedes Lewis (rest) and cornerback Terell Smith (illness) did not practice Thursday.

Rookie right tackle Darnell Wright (shoulder/toe), who did not practice Wednesday, was limited Thursday. Safety Eddie Jackson (foot) also was limited.

Left tackle Braxton Jones (next) practiced in full and could play against the Chargers after missing the last four games on injured reserve.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brisker is out for Sunday's game. Kinda weird.
It sure is, how TF does illness keep you out of the game unless it's some nasty version of covid or something. And why must this illness be such a mystery anyway? I hate when teams pull this shit.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard game to predict. Both teams look great one week and bad the next 2 weeks. I think it's LA's turn to look good. I think both play well. Tbag runs a clean offense. Need time of possession again or we will give up 40 points.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sure is, how TF does illness keep you out of the game unless it's some nasty version of covid or something. And why must this illness be such a mystery anyway? I hate when teams pull this shit.

If you knew the illness would it change anything? All I need to know is if a player is in or out.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Bears defense is good again. And if Bagent plays mistake free again I like our chances.