• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bear Down Wildcats Football!!!

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was watching the replay of the spring game on Pac-12 network and im really liking Anu Solomon and Caleb Jones. Could be a formidable hookup this season.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pierre Cormier has basically retired from football due to a medical condition? Damn, this sucks...not a good morning

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wild.Cats.Suck!!!! Period.

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
congrats on obtaining 2 votes.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when beating U of A was not even on their radar anymore because ASU was going to the Rose Bowl? And then it was because they were still going to a great bowl? And then it was because they were going to win their bowl game?

And then it was suddenly all about that they beat U of A.

I LOL'ed for weeks.

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when beating U of A was not even on their radar anymore because ASU was going to the Rose Bowl? And then it was because they were still going to a great bowl? And then it was because they were going to win their bowl game?

And then it was suddenly all about that they beat U of A.

I LOL'ed for weeks.

Please just answer this question. Who is ranked in the pre-polls?? That's right, ASS who?
I am laughing and have been laughing and cannot wait to drive down to Tucson in November with my wildcat brother.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please just answer this question. Who is ranked in the pre-polls?? That's right, ASS who?
I am laughing and have been laughing and cannot wait to drive down to Tucson in November with my wildcat brother.

Cool story bro

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASPoo rated in the polls. Should set up just as hilarious scenario as last year where fans will think they are elite due to their big pre-season rating and then...the cookie starts to crumble piece by piece and you realize they are nothing special.

You do realize preseason polls mean just about nothing?

Notre Dame is ALWAYS rated in the pre-season...usually about 20-30 spots higher than they should be. It's an annual joke.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pre-polls? So what. It's not where you start it's how you finish. And assu last season finished like a B horror movie.

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good job UOF eh' has like less than 5 votes. You must be proud pre-seasoner's

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 6 of the last 12 years ASU received less than 5 preseason votes. So, right back at ya.

Again, AZ never claims to be a football school.

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 6 of the last 12 years ASU received less than 5 preseason votes. So, right back at ya.

Again, AZ never claims to be a football school.

well noted.:agree:

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well noted.:agree:

I'm glad you agree. So then ASU, a team that their fans do regard as a football school only gets 5 votes in an average of every other year over the last dozen? Because again, that is only barely better than AZ. I don't know how many times I have to say this, but if you really want to know what it's like when a school really dominates at a sport, look at Bama, LSU, OSU, USC, Stanford, Florida, Texas, etc., at football, and Duke, AZ, Cuse, UNC, UConn, UK, KU, MSU, Louisville, etc., in basketball. Notice how many times each of those schools are ranked in the preseason, and, look at their rankings. Notice how were not just talking shit because we get more than 5 preseason votes. We're working for #1 votes. Also, notice the final rankings, and how high the teams are. Notice the top ten finishes, the BCS Bowls and the Elite Eight or better finishes. Those are what schools who have strong sports teams look like.

Not sure how many times I have to lay this down in plain English for you, Fork, but you talking shit about how much better ASU is than AZ in football, is a waste of time. Both teams are historically pretty unmentionable. Every once in a while, AZ has a good team, and every once in a while ASU has a good team. But when the highlight of a season by either team comes down to simply beating their rival, then you know that both teams really are mediocre. The main difference is that AZ fans are aware that our football program is mediocre (mostly because we have one of the best basketball programs in the country, so we know what an elite program looks like), while ASU is actually under the impression that they have a strong football program. You just don't understand that the rest of the country (not just us) laughs at you when you insinuate shit like that. So when you try and talk shit about AZ only having 5 votes, given the fact that you have had as many seasons in the last 12 years where you have had less votes as you have had more, then it only makes you look extremely confused about the strength of your own program. The joke really is on you.

So, when we go back and forth with the shit talking about each of our football teams, just remember; while we square off (and go back and forth in the victories, and talk about the T-Cup trophy, the all-time series, and anything else that is football related), that's not it for us. The height of your sports year is the fall, and when it's over, all of the ASU fans go back into a cave until next August. But AZ fans, we are just getting warned up, because our sports year is just getting started. Personally (and I know many who feel the same), football season is only an occasion for me to get back into a new sports year, get together with fans, sing Bear Down, wear red, and get ready for basketball season. And yet guess what, relatively speaking, our program is as competitive as your, and we don't give half the fuck that ASU does!! What does that say about how strong your featured major sport is, when your rival, who really doesn't give a fuck, has the same relative success, and even has the overall record against you??? What does it say when you have more seasons ranked out of the top 25 than you have seasons where you are ranked? What does it say when you all remember those two years where you finished in the top ten?

Wanna know something else that is probably the biggest joke in the history of ASU athletics that happened last year, that is not even on your radar, because it's really not that big of a surprise?

ASU men did not finish in the top ten in a single NCAA sport last year!!!! Not a single fucking one. Not baseball, not track and field (indoor and outdoor), not football, volleyball, basketball, golf, swimming and diving. They didn't have a single fucking top ten, not even in wrestling!!! Check it out, ASU did worse than Penn, St. Francis College Brooklyn, Air Force, and Quinnipiac!! Quinnipiac!!!!!! One of the top two university populations in the whole fucking country, in the 5th largest metro in the nation, and you guys can't even get a single top ten, in anything, all year??????

http://www.capitalonecup.com/assets/standings/complete-capital-one-cup-standings.pdf

ASU not only finished without a top ten last year, but they ranked 69th the year before that, 66the year before that, and 55th the year before that. That means that ASU is REGRESSING!!! Contrast that to AZ who finished 19th last year, 44th the year before that, 2nd the year before that, and 25th the year before that.

Wow, man, I tell you what, that ASU athletic program, boy, they fucking represent. They make their football program the face of their university. And come to think of it, that makes sense. Because their football program is about as pathetic as the rest of their athletic department. They haven't had a top ten finish in football since Bill Clinton's first term, and even then, they fucking lost their bowl game!!!! Hell, you have to go all the way back to 1986 to get to their previous top ten finish, when they actually fucking won their bowl game. Hell, AZ has one less top ten finish, and it was even more recent, and we won our bowl game!!! AND WE DON'T GIVE A FUCK!!!!!!

So as far as rankings, enjoy your mediocrity. Hell, the preseason polls aren't even out yet. And even as far as they go, ASU is even ranked in some of them (less than half). The USA Today poll has ASU as unranked.

Preseason magazines talk Pac-12 football in 2014 - ESPN

Again, you talk shit in "your sport" because you just so happen to be ranked by a couple sources in the preseason poll. And we'll talk shit in our sport, because we are in the top 5 all year.

Last edited by a moderator:

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad you agree. So then ASU, a team that their fans do regard as a football school only gets 5 votes in an average of every other year over the last dozen? Because again, that is only barely better than AZ. I don't know how many times I have to say this, but if you really want to know what it's like when a school really dominates at a sport, look at Bama, LSU, OSU, USC, Stanford, Florida, Texas, etc., at football, and Duke, AZ, Cuse, UNC, UConn, UK, KU, MSU, Louisville, etc., in basketball. Notice how many times each of those schools are ranked in the preseason, and, look at their rankings. Notice how were not just talking shit because we get more than 5 preseason votes. We're working for #1 votes. Also, notice the final rankings, and how high the teams are. Notice the top ten finishes, the BCS Bowls and the Elite Eight or better finishes. Those are what schools who have strong sports teams look like.

Not sure how many times I have to lay this down in plain English for you, Fork, but you talking shit about how much better ASU is than AZ in football, is a waste of time. Both teams are historically pretty unmentionable. Every once in a while, AZ has a good team, and every once in a while ASU has a good team. But when the highlight of a season by either team comes down to simply beating their rival, then you know that both teams really are mediocre. The main difference is that AZ fans are aware that our football program is mediocre (mostly because we have one of the best basketball programs in the country, so we know what an elite program looks like), while ASU is actually under the impression that they have a strong football program. You just don't understand that the rest of the country (not just us) laughs at you when you insinuate shit like that. So when you try and talk shit about AZ only having 5 votes, given the fact that you have had as many seasons in the last 12 years where you have had less votes as you have had more, then it only makes you look extremely confused about the strength of your own program. The joke really is on you.

So, when we go back and forth with the shit talking about each of our football teams, just remember; while we square off (and go back and forth in the victories, and talk about the T-Cup trophy, the all-time series, and anything else that is football related), that's not it for us. The height of your sports year is the fall, and when it's over, all of the ASU fans go back into a cave until next August. But AZ fans, we are just getting warned up, because our sports year is just getting started. Personally (and I know many who feel the same), football season is only an occasion for me to get back into a new sports year, get together with fans, sing Bear Down, wear red, and get ready for basketball season. And yet guess what, relatively speaking, our program is as competitive as your, and we don't give half the fuck that ASU does!! What does that say about how strong your featured major sport is, when your rival, who really doesn't give a fuck, has the same relative success, and even has the overall record against you??? What does it say when you have more seasons ranked out of the top 25 than you have seasons where you are ranked? What does it say when you all remember those two years where you finished in the top ten?

Wanna know something else that is probably the biggest joke in the history of ASU athletics that happened last year, that is not even on your radar, because it's really not that big of a surprise?

ASU men did not finish in the top ten in a single NCAA sport last year!!!! Not a single fucking one. Not baseball, not track and field (indoor and outdoor), not football, volleyball, basketball, golf, swimming and diving. They didn't have a single fucking top ten, not even in wrestling!!! Check it out, ASU did worse than Penn, St. Francis College Brooklyn, Air Force, and Quinnipiac!! Quinnipiac!!!!!! One of the top two university populations in the whole fucking country, in the 5th largest metro in the nation, and you guys can't even get a single top ten, in anything, all year??????

http://www.capitalonecup.com/assets/standings/complete-capital-one-cup-standings.pdf

ASU not only finished without a top ten last year, but they ranked 69th the year before that, 66the year before that, and 55th the year before that. That means that ASU is REGRESSING!!! Contrast that to AZ who finished 19th last year, 44th the year before that, 2nd the year before that, and 25th the year before that.

Wow, man, I tell you what, that ASU athletic program, boy, they fucking represent. They make their football program the face of their university. And come to think of it, that makes sense. Because their football program is about as pathetic as the rest of their athletic department. They haven't had a top ten finish in football since Bill Clinton's first term, and even then, they fucking lost their bowl game!!!! Hell, you have to go all the way back to 1986 to get to their previous top ten finish, when they actually fucking won their bowl game. Hell, AZ has one less top ten finish, and it was even more recent, and we won our bowl game!!! AND WE DON'T GIVE A FUCK!!!!!!

So as far as rankings, enjoy your mediocrity. Hell, the preseason polls aren't even out yet. And even as far as they go, ASU is even ranked in some of them (less than half). The USA Today poll has ASU as unranked.

Preseason magazines talk Pac-12 football in 2014 - ESPN

Again, you talk shit in "your sport" because you just so happen to be ranked by a couple sources in the preseason poll. And we'll talk shit in our sport, because we are in the top 5 all year.

CTP, the more you type the more you think you are convincing. LOL I really argue the point that you don't give a fuck. I think YOU are sour at me? Is it something I said? I cannot wait for the reply

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that I'm sour (necessarily), as much as I just want to make sure that you know that the overwhelming majority of what you say is complete nonsense. If I am not mistaken, the purpose of these boards is to to allow an opportunity to generate discussion. The overwhelming majority of what you post does not generate any meaningful discussion. It's mostly trolling. I get that we are rivals, and I get that there is no one on your board. But that still doesn't mean that you can just waltz onto AZ boards and talk shit (troll), and it's just going to be accepted without challenge. You should know better. So, when it happens, I really don't know what else you are expecting. You come on to AZ boards and talk total garbage, and we tell you that--once again--you are full of shit.

As long as you come on here and talk shit (instead of talking AZ sports, with intent to generate discussion), then you can bet we are going to call you on your shit. What is confusing about that?

You can say that our football team sucks (and by "sucks" you mean that they are only receiving a few votes), or say that you have the T Cup, or anything else you want (really, fill in the blank). But the problem with doing that is the fact that ASU football is--in the broad scheme of CFB--about the same as AZ football. Both programs are largely mediocre to the top, second, and even third tier of football programs. Both have memorable seasons, surrounded by disappointing seasons. Both have had good players, and touched the top of football world, but neither have a NC, neither spend any time at all in the top ten, and really are only ranked about half of the seasons, at some point. Other than that, there really is't much to write about with either program.

But, AZ fans know this. We understand it. We are okay with it. The shit that we talk to ASU is in response to ASU fans (largely) not knowing this. ASU fans by and large have this inaccurate perspective that their football team is better than they actually are. They think that they are nationally respected, and are drastically ahead of AZ football. And, well, they are the only ones who think that. We, as AZ fans, like to laugh at that. We find it hilarious that ASU props its football program up so much, and yet they are very relative to AZ football, and we almost don't give a shit about it. I mean, we like it, don't get me wrong. We go to the games, and we follow the team, and we genuinely hope they do well. We obviously follow football more than any sport next to basketball. But that's just it. It will never, ever, ever, be in the same league as AZ basketball. It's about 30 years behind, of they started this year. But we know that. And ASU football is at about the same point.

So when ASU fans pretend that a couple Rose Bowl appearances almost 20 and 30 years ago, respectively, somehow separates the two programs, then we laugh at how delusional they are. Even going back to the Kush days; great (!), that doesn't mean shit. ASU was in the WAC, and was very minimal on the national scene. And the ground they did have, has largely been lost in the 3+ decades of mediocrity.

Honestly, if ASU fans realized all of this, it would give AZ fans so much less to talk shit about. Again, we all know that when it comes down to it, we have similar programs in any given year. But the fact that ASU fans are still completely convinced that their football program is vastly better than AZ, gives us more than enough material to keep going with proving just how mediocre ASU is, and just how blind ASU fans are in seeing it (as the rest of the country does).

If ASU had a program even to the extent that Stanford or Oregon has, let alone what USC has, then AZ fans would largely keep our mouths shut. But that's not the case, nor is it even close. We would still hope that we could beat you, but we would realistically understand that even if we had, it wasn't an accurate representation of our two programs. But, that's not the case.

It is that was in basketball though, but with AZ being the much better program (obviously).

So, in closing, AZ fans have a great time with the fact that ASU and AZ football are mostly the same, and that ASU is completely oblivious to this fact. It's like a donkey telling itself over and over that it's a clydesdale, and then believing it for no other reason than because he has convinced himself. Meanwhile, the other donkeys, horses, and clydesdales are all laughing hysterically. Additionally, ASU's basketball team is just pitiful, and there is just nothing else really to say about it. Furthermore, while ASU's baseball team is nationally respected, and has turned out dozens and dozens of MLB talent, you guys are like the entire ACC; you guys just can't win a fucking NC to save your lives. And that is also hilarious, when AZ is knocking out NCs left and right since you've won your last, and yet we are not nearly as consistent. We shouldn't even be sniffing your level in baseball, and yet, ultimately, we are right there with you, with only one less NC, and much more recent success.

When it comes down to it, your major three sports are a joke, for one reason or another. And we can go either way on the rest, but who cares. You guys have absolutely no leg to stand on. When it comes down to it, football between us is a wash because we both suck (and yet you have no idea), it's also a wash in baseball, for the simple fact that you guys can't win a NC to save your asses, and in basketball, we are better and it's not even close.

So, there you have it. What can you really say about ASU football? Good job on the preseason ranking, because it only happens every few years? You guys have fun with football. Keep calling yourselves a clydesdale, and we'll keep laughing at you jackasses.

:suds:

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that I'm sour (necessarily), as much as I just want to make sure that you know that the overwhelming majority of what you say is complete nonsense. If I am not mistaken, the purpose of these boards is to to allow an opportunity to generate discussion. The overwhelming majority of what you post does not generate any meaningful discussion. It's mostly trolling. I get that we are rivals, and I get that there is no one on your board. But that still doesn't mean that you can just waltz onto AZ boards and talk shit (troll), and it's just going to be accepted without challenge. You should know better. So, when it happens, I really don't know what else you are expecting. You come on to AZ boards and talk total garbage, and we tell you that--once again--you are full of shit.

As long as you come on here and talk shit (instead of talking AZ sports, with intent to generate discussion), then you can bet we are going to call you on your shit. What is confusing about that?

You can say that our football team sucks (and by "sucks" you mean that they are only receiving a few votes), or say that you have the T Cup, or anything else you want (really, fill in the blank). But the problem with doing that is the fact that ASU football is--in the broad scheme of CFB--about the same as AZ football. Both programs are largely mediocre to the top, second, and even third tier of football programs. Both have memorable seasons, surrounded by disappointing seasons. Both have had good players, and touched the top of football world, but neither have a NC, neither spend any time at all in the top ten, and really are only ranked about half of the seasons, at some point. Other than that, there really is't much to write about with either program.

But, AZ fans know this. We understand it. We are okay with it. The shit that we talk to ASU is in response to ASU fans (largely) not knowing this. ASU fans by and large have this inaccurate perspective that their football team is better than they actually are. They think that they are nationally respected, and are drastically ahead of AZ football. And, well, they are the only ones who think that. We, as AZ fans, like to laugh at that. We find it hilarious that ASU props its football program up so much, and yet they are very relative to AZ football, and we almost don't give a shit about it. I mean, we like it, don't get me wrong. We go to the games, and we follow the team, and we genuinely hope they do well. We obviously follow football more than any sport next to basketball. But that's just it. It will never, ever, ever, be in the same league as AZ basketball. It's about 30 years behind, of they started this year. But we know that. And ASU football is at about the same point.

So when ASU fans pretend that a couple Rose Bowl appearances almost 20 and 30 years ago, respectively, somehow separates the two programs, then we laugh at how delusional they are. Even going back to the Kush days; great (!), that doesn't mean shit. ASU was in the WAC, and was very minimal on the national scene. And the ground they did have, has largely been lost in the 3+ decades of mediocrity.

Honestly, if ASU fans realized all of this, it would give AZ fans so much less to talk shit about. Again, we all know that when it comes down to it, we have similar programs in any given year. But the fact that ASU fans are still completely convinced that their football program is vastly better than AZ, gives us more than enough material to keep going with proving just how mediocre ASU is, and just how blind ASU fans are in seeing it (as the rest of the country does).

If ASU had a program even to the extent that Stanford or Oregon has, let alone what USC has, then AZ fans would largely keep our mouths shut. But that's not the case, nor is it even close. We would still hope that we could beat you, but we would realistically understand that even if we had, it wasn't an accurate representation of our two programs. But, that's not the case.

It is that was in basketball though, but with AZ being the much better program (obviously).

So, in closing, AZ fans have a great time with the fact that ASU and AZ football are mostly the same, and that ASU is completely oblivious to this fact. It's like a donkey telling itself over and over that it's a clydesdale, and then believing it for no other reason than because he has convinced himself. Meanwhile, the other donkeys, horses, and clydesdales are all laughing hysterically. Additionally, ASU's basketball team is just pitiful, and there is just nothing else really to say about it. Furthermore, while ASU's baseball team is nationally respected, and has turned out dozens and dozens of MLB talent, you guys are like the entire ACC; you guys just can't win a fucking NC to save your lives. And that is also hilarious, when AZ is knocking out NCs left and right since you've won your last, and yet we are not nearly as consistent. We shouldn't even be sniffing your level in baseball, and yet, ultimately, we are right there with you, with only one less NC, and much more recent success.

When it comes down to it, your major three sports are a joke, for one reason or another. And we can go either way on the rest, but who cares. You guys have absolutely no leg to stand on. When it comes down to it, football between us is a wash because we both suck (and yet you have no idea), it's also a wash in baseball, for the simple fact that you guys can't win a NC to save your asses, and in basketball, we are better and it's not even close.

So, there you have it. What can you really say about ASU football? Good job on the preseason ranking, because it only happens every few years? You guys have fun with football. Keep calling yourselves a clydesdale, and we'll keep laughing at you jackasses.

:suds:
wait. me troll? This is my fucking board too. I have been on espn more than half you punks. GTFO my UOFeh board. I have owned you guys since say one 1 vs 20 wildcats. Look at history.
I cannot wait to go to Az Stadium with my uofa brother and watch him were sparky out.
I am not saying we are a dynasty I am just saying on your board that we are ranked higher AGAIN.
Seriously man get a fucking life. It is clear that ASU > UOF eh simply due to our enrollment. If ASU sucked than why don't they consider GCU or NAU or the best college in Tucson? NO, they want to go to a diversified school with several high ranked sports. Gym, softball, swimm, track, football, baseball and of course the occasional hoops program we fork out.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait. me troll? This is my fucking board too. I have been on espn more than half you punks. GTFO my UOFeh board. I have owned you guys since say one 1 vs 20 wildcats. Look at history.
I cannot wait to go to Az Stadium with my uofa brother and watch him were sparky out.
I am not saying we are a dynasty I am just saying on your board that we are ranked higher AGAIN.
Seriously man get a fucking life. It is clear that ASU > UOF eh simply due to our enrollment. If ASU sucked than why don't they consider GCU or NAU or the best college in Tucson? NO, they want to go to a diversified school with several high ranked sports. Gym, softball, swimm, track, football, baseball and of course the occasional hoops program we fork out.

I don't even know where to begin with this bullshit. Guess I'll start at the beginning and go line by line.

By definition you are a troll. You were a troll on ESPN, and you are a troll, here. If you are an ASU fan, this is not your board. This board is for AZ fans to talk AZ sports, your ASU board is so you can talk to yourself. So yes, history still says you are a fucking dirty troll.

None of us care about you, or what your brother wears.

No one cares what you are ranked preseason. We have been ranked higher than you, and you have been ranked higher than us. Doesn't mean a fucking thing.

You should get a fucking life, because right now, you are spending it on the board of your rival, bitching and moaning for attention. Pot, meet kettle.

People chose ASU because they can get in. Anyone can get in. You accept 90% of the people who apply, and build classrooms to fit them. If simple attendance was the only qualifier for why people want to go to a university, then ASU would be a top 5 university on the nation. Obviously that is an obnoxious statement. Once again, AZ ranks ahead of ASU in academics and sports. You can say whatever the fuck you want about your athletics, but AZ has had more top ten programs in both men's and women's athletics for years now. Oh and by the way, all those sports that you just named; ASU was not ranked in the top ten in ANY of them this year, men or women. Congrats, you really have to try to suck that bad. Oh, and AZ was top ten in a few of them from track to swimming and diving, to basketball, both men and women.

Stay on our board though. Can't wait to have you around for another year of having almost 70,000 students, and constantly underachieving.