• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BCS Countdown week 12 thread

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I find very intriguing is that Ohio State is basically in a lose/lose situation. If Baylor keeps winning they will more than likely pass them. But if Baylor loses Stanford will jump up to #4 in the polls and based on that, they probably will pass Ohio State too. Stanford will gain a lot more jumping from #5 to #4 then Ohio State will if they are unanimously voted #3 by everyone(which they might not anyway)

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I find very intriguing is that Ohio State is basically in a lose/lose situation. If Baylor keeps winning they will more than likely pass them. But if Baylor loses Stanford will jump up to #4 in the polls and based on that, they probably will pass Ohio State too. Stanford will gain a lot more jumping from #5 to #4 then Ohio State will if they are unanimously voted #3 by everyone(which they might not anyway)

Meh, I've pretty much resigned myself to the Rose Bowl at best this season... is what it is...

Gotta get by these last 4 games first regardless...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt, but we've been beaten by a 6-loss team and another one that will end up with at least 4 losses. Top ten teams shouldn't do that.

I guess some SEC bias thar it looks like

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I've pretty much resigned myself to the Rose Bowl at best this season... is what it is...

Would love to see an Ohio State vs. Stanford Rose Bowl. The Rose Bowl is going to be the best bowl game outside of the National Championship Game this year w/out a doubt. Stanford can all but clinch a spot with a win @USC this weekend(last game is against Cal)

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to see an Ohio State vs. Stanford Rose Bowl. The Rose Bowl is going to be the best bowl game outside of the National Championship Game this year w/out a doubt. Stanford can all but clinch a spot with a win @USC this weekend(last game is against Cal)

I'd like Clemson v Oregon too tbh... That game will end with a combined like 120 scored methinks...

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin is pretty much screwed now as far as BCS hopes are concerned. Can't believe this team hasn't broken the top 20.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin is pretty much screwed now as far as BCS hopes are concerned. Can't believe this team hasn't broken the top 20.

Even certain ESPN talking heads are calling the voters stupid for how low they have Wiscy...

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like Clemson v Oregon too tbh... That game will end with a combined like 120 scored methinks...

Yeah that would be a pretty awesome game as well. I hope NIU and Fresno St lose. I respect those programs, I just don't think they'll be competitive.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that would be a pretty awesome game as well. I hope NIU and Fresno St lose. I respect those programs, I just don't think they'll be competitive.

I'm with you, I mean I feel bad because I like giving the "little guy" a shot... but with the AAC in automatically I feel like we're setting ourselves up for 2 BCS busts...

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If either Fresno State or NIU win out Wisconsin mathematically can not make it. But you figure if both of them lose, Wisconsin will jump ahead of them. Also LSU plays Texas A&M so that is another spot Wisconsin could jump. If Baylor beats Oklahoma State, Wisconsin will probably jump them. UCLA plays ASU, the loser will drop behind Wisconsin and then the winner plays Stanford or Oregon in the PAC 12CG, assuming a loss, they will be behind Wisconsin. OU plays Oklahoma State. I guess what I'm getting at, is if Wisconsin wins out(which they will) teams ahead of them will start to play each other and lose. IMO it would be real unlucky if Wisconsin doesn't get to 14.

Biggest thing is to have Fresno St or NIU lose and UCF and Louisville to keep winning.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you, I mean I feel bad because I like giving the "little guy" a shot... but with the AAC in automatically I feel like we're setting ourselves up for 2 BCS busts...

Yeah totally agree. I still have no idea why UCF is behind both of them, but it is what it is for now.

I mean these would be the matchups:

Fiesta Bowl: Baylor vs UCF

Sugar Bowl: SEC #2 vs. Fresno State/NIU

I just don't want to see that. Don't get me wrong I'll watch, but I would much rather see SEC #2 vs. Michigan State, Wisconsin or Oklahoma State.

The crazy thing is, if Ohio State were to get upset in the B1GCG and Fresno and NIU win out, either Ohio State or Oregon won't be in the BCS, which is ridiculous.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Jesse Palmer get a spray tan overnight?

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If either Fresno State or NIU win out Wisconsin mathematically can not make it. But you figure if both of them lose, Wisconsin will jump ahead of them. Also LSU plays Texas A&M so that is another spot Wisconsin could jump. If Baylor beats Oklahoma State, Wisconsin will probably jump them. UCLA plays ASU, the loser will drop behind Wisconsin and then the winner plays Stanford or Oregon in the PAC 12CG, assuming a loss, they will be behind Wisconsin. OU plays Oklahoma State. I guess what I'm getting at, is if Wisconsin wins out(which they will) teams ahead of them will start to play each other and lose. IMO it would be real unlucky if Wisconsin doesn't get to 14.

Biggest thing is to have Fresno St or NIU lose and UCF and Louisville to keep winning.

True, but looking week by week, there is actually a chance Wisconsin falls even with a win this week if the three teams behind them win.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wisconsin is seriously getting screwed over by the rankings

South Carolina as mentioned earlier should not be as high as number 10 and certainly should not be more than 10 spots ahead of Wisconsin

South Carolina does have the win over Missouri, so they may still belong perhaps one or two spots ahead of Wisconsin despite worse losses than Wisconsin has.

something like I have in my SportsHoopla poll with South Carolina 14th, and Wisconsin 16th

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ya me too, though I'm happy to see that its likely going to be Stanford we play instead of Oregon.

Only way we get in the title game is if 2 of the 3 other unbeatens also lose...slim chance of that happening. Oh well. I hope we get most people back next year (Braxton) and make another run at it.:yahoo:

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How will Ohio State be in the top 5 after losing the conference championship game?