• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Battle of the bads- Rangers vs tigers 05/07-05/09

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or, the Rangers will find out who is interested and ask Beltre if he would veto any of them and go from there. If a contender is interested and they have a legitimate shot then Beltre would most likely rather finish the last few weeks of the season with that team than stay here.

It really depends on how the Braves season progresses going forward, if they hit the wall then no, but if they keep playing well and are still in it later on, the Beltre and/or Hamels could make sense for an unexpected run, but I doubt the Braves will strip down the farm system for a couple rentals

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has only had a handful of good months in his career.

Where do you play Profar and Odor if you want each to get playing time?

If Beltre is traded everybody plays. Profar at 3B. For now

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Odor returns; Odor plays 2B, Profar SS, IKF plays 3B, Rua sent down

Beltre returns, Beltre plays 3B and Odor 2B, Profar SS and IKF is sent to AAA

When Andrus returns is when a difficult decision has to be made in regards to Odor and Profar playing 2B... also DFA Nunez

If Beltre is traded, the possibilities open up quite a bit

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odor returns; Odor plays 2B, Profar SS, IKF plays 3B, Rua sent down

Beltre returns, Beltre plays 3B and Odor 2B, Profar SS and IKF is sent to AAA

When Andrus returns is when a difficult decision has to be made in regards to Odor and Profar playing 2B... also DFA Nunez

If Beltre is traded, the possibilities open up quite a bit

I could see Gallo staying in LF too esp if Choo gets traded. We are going to have to move people to allow development. The last thing I want to see is Profar being played sporadically.

Beltre can split time at DH and creatively Profar gets to play regularly

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read where he had to throw differently. Like an outfielder vs 2Nd baseman

If memory serves, Bannister was a big believer in giving DDJ some time - insert patience with him in the OF - due to his having to learn not just routes, but how to throw from there as well.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is about 11 weeks away. When Elvis comes back who sits until Beltre is traded and why?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Gallo staying in LF too esp if Choo gets traded. We are going to have to move people to allow development. The last thing I want to see is Profar being played sporadically.

Beltre can split time at DH and creatively Profar gets to play regularly
I think Gallo is our LF of the present and future as I have felt that way for a while so agree there.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is about 11 weeks away. When Elvis comes back who sits until Beltre is traded and why?

Well if there is overlap with Beltre and Elvis then that is an issue. When Elvis gets close then perhaps that can be addressed further

For now send IKF down once Beltre and Odor are back. That way he gets regular playing time at multiple positions. Might not do that though as we got to figure out UIF. Hate to have Drew back but maybe he is here not to play regularly

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are considering activating Beltre today.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if there is overlap with Beltre and Elvis then that is an issue. When Elvis gets close then perhaps that can be addressed further

For now send IKF down once Beltre and Odor are back. That way he gets regular playing time at multiple positions. Might not do that though as we got to figure out UIF. Hate to have Drew back but maybe he is here not to play regularly
That is the beauty of these types of discussions. We don't have to wait. Lol

So what would your answer be if Elvis is back in 6 weeks when he is eligible?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see the Rangers make a trade or three before the break, especially if they trade Beltre. Get him traded amd some others as well before they get hurt.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see the Rangers make a trade or three before the break, especially if they trade Beltre. Get him traded amd some others as well before they get hurt.
Good point in regards to Beltre. Will sure miss him though.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the beauty of these types of discussions. We don't have to wait. Lol

So what would your answer be if Elvis is back in 6 weeks when he is eligible?

Not the best situation but you split time with all until the break. At some point a AAA stint with Odor is feasible after ASB if he does not show progress. We have to let this thing play out with Profar too. He is an controllable asset either for trade (not what I want) or another position depending upon a multitude of factors. He should start next season somewhere

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the best situation but you split time with all until the break. At some point a AAA stint with Odor is feasible after ASB if he does not show progress. We have to let this thing play out with Profar too. He is an controllable asset either for trade (not what I want) or another position depending upon a multitude of factors. He should start next season somewhere
Who would you pick right now to have the best career at 2B? Myself, I would pick Profar and that is why I am willing to to go with Profar over Odor.

Now, if they want to keep Odor in the lineup to see if he can improve enough to be more tradeable then I am fine with that. No matter what happens, I don't play Odor over Profar any longer after July.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would you pick right now to have the best career at 2B? Myself, I would pick Profar and that is why I am willing to to go with Profar over Odor.

Now, if they want to keep Odor in the lineup to see if he can improve enough to be more tradeable then I am fine with that. No matter what happens, I don't play Odor over Profar any longer after July.
The sad thing with Odor is he is regressing. He did so well in the minors then did well finishing off the season with the Rangers in 2015 and a great year in 2016. But pitchers figured him out (which we all know is to not throw strikes) and he has not adjusted. Profar has not had the opportunity to play an entire season at one position like Odor has had and he struggled for some time. But his plate discipline that he shows the more he plays is very impressive.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok cutting to the chase. Based upon production going forward I like Profar. But we have always liked Profar even when Wash did him dirty. He has a great BB IQ, intangibles in late game situations. No accident that he works the pitcher vs now the pitcher working Odor. Odor is a slugger. Profar is a hitter. 2 sluggers on a team are ok. Profar is the bridge to the old Hickory team. I really want to keep him. How it goes I am not certain. Of course I want Brinson back too.

They being said you have to protect the assets of both and I think both will find a way to play the whole year and then reassess

Is that good enough?

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok cutting to the chase. Based upon production going forward I like Profar. But we have always liked Profar even when Wash did him dirty. He has a great BB IQ, intangibles in late game situations. No accident that he works the pitcher vs now the pitcher working Odor. Odor is a slugger. Profar is a hitter. 2 sluggers on a team are ok. Profar is the bridge to the old Hickory team. I really want to keep him. How it goes I am not certain. Of course I want Brinson back too.

They being said you have to protect the assets of both and I think both will find a way to play the whole year and then reassess

Is that good enough?
So what does Odor have to do and for how long before you look to trade him?

To me he had very little trade value even going into this season. Another poor 3 or 4 months and he may not have any trade value at all. We run a very big risk of not being able to get even a low A prospect who projects to be a utility player for him if he falters much longer.

If he hits .350 between now and the break I would count that as a lucky blessing and trade him. If he doen't hit much between now and then I still look to trade him knowing I will have to pay part of his salary and not get much for him.