• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Basketball Week 1: East Tennessee + NIT Tip Off Thread

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
just watched the game and i must say.

* I've been critical of Davila the last couple years, but he seems to have stepped his game up. I like the new attitude also. hahaha

* Hudson has been playing like you'd expect a RSsr. Has been a big part of the team the last couple years, going to play a HUGE part this year.

* Garland is good in transition and when he can make a quick cut to the basket, but he has got to quit pulling up for the long jumpers.

* DFS is as good as advertised.

Did green get hurt? If so any news on the injury?

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greenberg after the game said he should be fine. Off for 2 days and he's got a 8 days until Syracuse.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DFS is going to be sick.

Hopefully we're starting to see the Zo that Greenburg always talked about being the beats shooter/player in practice. So far it finally looks like it's translating to games

I still think we're going to have trouble with teams that have a lot of size, but we shot very well from 3 for the second night in a row. Good news this early in the season.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DFS is going to be sick.

Hopefully we're starting to see the Zo that Greenburg always talked about being the beats shooter/player in practice. So far it finally looks like it's translating to games

I still think we're going to have trouble with teams that have a lot of size, but we shot very well from 3 for the second night in a row. Good news this early in the season.

I wouldn't worry too much about size. The only team we face that would have a significant match up against us is UNC.

Good game tonight. Zo keeps his hot shooting alive. Hopefully its a trend and not the "hot and cold" Zo we've seen in years past. Lots of assists today as well (plus some hockey assists) so its good to see some ball movement to get guys open. Now its on to MSG. We've got a nice little break to get Green healthy. With the way the freshmen have come in seamlessly and how the overall team seems to have a nice chemistry going, we may just upset Syracuse.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite play of the game was probably when Davilla posterized that guy with a dunk on a fast break. Good to see Hudson go off, a lot was on wide open looks due to play design, but he couldn't miss tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
will Rankin be back for the Syracuse game? heard he was close before this game...so would assume so

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
will Rankin be back for the Syracuse game? heard he was close before this game...so would assume so
I think Greenberg said he might be back in a week at Monday's chalk talk, so he should be back. I don't know if Greenberg would want to throw him into the fire with little to no practice though.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
impressed with the freshmen, especially Finney-Smith....looking forward to the season