• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Baseball would be most devastated if (insert player) was revealed to have taken PEDs

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Griffey
Thome
Chipper
Pudge
Ripken
Edgar Martinez
Jeter

Players I wouldn't give a shit about

Albert Belle
Matt Stairs (haha)
Edgar Renteria
David Ortiz
Prince or Cecil Fielder
Rickie Weeks
Texiera
Ortiz? He's already been outed.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pedro was absolutely sauced out of his mind during that 99 season. Everyone was on something, there's not a player you could name that would shock me. Steroids? Maybe not. HGH, uppers, things of that nature, 100%. Also, it doesn't bother me. At the end of the day sport is for entertainment. PEDs make for more entertainment. Faster pitches, further home runs, less time on the DL, extended careers. It's great.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ron Cey was juicing, it sure wasn't for his physique. :laugh3:

LOL - Yeah, I'm not worried about him ever being found out - Too late anyway - That era is so far gone, they could never find the truth

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, it doesn't bother me. At the end of the day sport is for entertainment. PEDs make for more entertainment. Faster pitches, further home runs, less time on the DL, extended careers. It's great.

I will join the slightly less silent minority on this one.

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know what I find to be amusing? Before that, let me just say I have had a beef with the baseball writers writers voting for the HOF for quite a while now. It's a popularity contest for these guys and I don't think many really understand the game.

With that groundwork laid, I find it hypocritical that these same writers voted for guys like Bonds and Sosa for the MVP awards year after year. They didn't suspect these guys were juicing back then? Everyone knew it.

But when it comes time for HOF voting, these guys seem to find their morals and ethics to keep them out when there is no more evidence than before against these players. Maybe if they didn't kiss their asses when they were players so they could get an interview to benefit themselves and vote for them for awards, maybe the players would have received the message and stopped juicing then.

That last part is far-fetched, I know, but the hypocrisy of the writers just gets to me.

I agree that these players should not be in the HOF if they juiced, but you have writers playing both sides of the fence depending on when it benefits them. Just because they don't vote for Bonds for the HOF they think that they are heroes protecting the integrity of the game.

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The part I left out of the last post is that these writers turned a blind eye like everyone else because these guys were interesting to write about.

"Chicks dig the long ball", right?

Undakai

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off the top of my head if guys like

Ken Griffey Jr.
Greg Maddux
Mariano Rivera
Derek Jeter
Hank Aaron
Jackie Robinson

were ever to be revealed to had taken PEDs...I think it would be a crushing blow to MLB

...the revelation of Bonds, Arod, Clemens...eh it's a big story but those guys were never truly "beloved" by baseball.

Personally...I would be most devastated if Griffey ever got accused.

Who do you guys think would have the biggest effect on baseball if they were ever accused of taking PEDs? And who would affect you most personally?
Honestly I don't think it would be all that devastating if some of the golden age players on your list were found to have taken PED's. It's no surprise that a lot of the people from the earlier years of baseball were taking some form of PED, it's just proving as much now is impossible. If you look at some of their numbers by age (go ahead, look at what Hank Aaron's progression as he aged and tell me with a straight face he wasn't taking anything) you can see some off the wall stats that really are unlikely without some "help".

It really would have to be someone from the modern age that would be more devastating, like a Derek Jeter, Pedro Martinez, Greg Maddux or Randy Johnson. Guys who have good public relations (unlike some of the people we are seeing getting caught right now like A-Rod and Braun) and massive fan bases.

Chipper Jones being a roider would make me very sad.

Last edited by a moderator:

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nobody

the media drives the story down people throats. the average fan doesn't care. sportswriters act like these players are fricken aaron hernandez. they cheated to be better players. baseball has always been about finding an advantage by any means necessary. if arod or braun led your team to a world series you wouldn't cheer?

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if this guy was found to be using PEDs it would destroy baseball and kids baseball.

pMLB2-3493536dt.jpg

he very well could have. his late career turn around and of course his longevity.

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nobody

the media drives the story down people throats. the average fan doesn't care. sportswriters act like these players are fricken aaron hernandez. they cheated to be better players. baseball has always been about finding an advantage by any means necessary. if arod or braun led your team to a world series you wouldn't cheer?

NO NO NO

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know what I find to be amusing? Before that, let me just say I have had a beef with the baseball writers writers voting for the HOF for quite a while now. It's a popularity contest for these guys and I don't think many really understand the game.

With that groundwork laid, I find it hypocritical that these same writers voted for guys like Bonds and Sosa for the MVP awards year after year. They didn't suspect these guys were juicing back then? Everyone knew it.

But when it comes time for HOF voting, these guys seem to find their morals and ethics to keep them out when there is no more evidence than before against these players. Maybe if they didn't kiss their asses when they were players so they could get an interview to benefit themselves and vote for them for awards, maybe the players would have received the message and stopped juicing then.

That last part is far-fetched, I know, but the hypocrisy of the writers just gets to me.

I agree that these players should not be in the HOF if they juiced, but you have writers playing both sides of the fence depending on when it benefits them. Just because they don't vote for Bonds for the HOF they think that they are heroes protecting the integrity of the game.
The writers are the biggest frauds in this whole issue. They knew exactly what was going on the entire time, but sat silent until they realized how much money they could make if they manufactured this scandal. What's worse, it was THEIR JOB to report on this, but they didn't for their own selfish purposes, such as maintaining their relationships with players and keeping their sources happy.

Now, they've turned the whole thing into this huge fiasco, and get to sit in judgment of the behavior they were extremely instrumental in enabling.

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nobody

This.