• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bama's schedule is pretty bad but..

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but both Oregon State and TCU are awful. TCU is same caliber as Louisville and Oregon State is on the same level as Arkansas State.
TCU is better than Louisville. Louisville was hammered in every single loss except when they blew a big lead against a shitty FSU team.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really was a neutral site game for them. Do you really think they have a homefield advantage?

:crazy:

The team & their fans only had to travel 15 miles. You don't think it was an advantage to only travel that distance?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but both Oregon State and TCU are awful. TCU is same caliber as Louisville and Oregon State is on the same level as Arkansas State.
But Louisville was a “non scheduled neutral site” And tbh Louisville is awful. Bamas three scheduled OOC games Arkansas State, Louisiana and The Citadel. Don’t come close to Oregon State, Tulane and TCU. Aside from two being P5 TCU has the15th ranked FBS defense Rankings are subjective . OSU has the stronger schedule

This year could be strange tho. With Bama playing weak schedules. Clemson in a weak ACC.ND having stepped up. And UCF and Udubs lingering. A lot of football left

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TCU is better than Louisville. Louisville was hammered in every single loss except when they blew a big lead against a shitty FSU team.
TCU is awful too. They lost to Texas Tech at home. Thats same Texas Tech team lost to a ,from what Everyone says, AWFUL Ole Miss team by 3TDs.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Louisville was a “non scheduled neutral site” And tbh Louisville is awful. Bamas three scheduled OOC games Arkansas State, Louisiana and The Citadel. Don’t come close to Oregon State, Tulane and TCU. Aside from two being P5 TCU has the15th ranked FBS defense Rankings are subjective . OSU has the stronger schedule

This year could be strange tho. With Bama playing weak schedules. Clemson in a weak ACC.ND having stepped up. And UCF and Udubs lingering. A lot of football left
Right Now if Rankins Hold( which they wont) Bama will have played 4 ranked teams. Ohio State and Clemson will have played 2.

Bamas schedule is weak but so is Ohio State and Clemsons

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the bottom line is, so what if Bama's schedule is crap. Which team is gonna beat 'em is the question?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"the majority of my conference plays 3 middling FCS teams to get bowl eligible because we squat to pee" - douche nozzle targets

No team in the FBS plays 3 FCS schools that I'm aware of, and if they did, to my knowledge, only one can be counted towards bowl eligibility.

3 of the 4 playoff teams last season played an 8 game conference schedule, including the two teams that met in the finals.

Conferences that play a 9 game conference schedule only screw themselves.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No team in the FBS plays 3 FCS schools that I'm aware of, and if they did, to my knowledge, only one can be counted towards bowl eligibility.

3 of the 4 playoff teams last season played an 8 game conference schedule, including the two teams that met in the finals.

Conferences that play a 9 game conference schedule only screw themselves.

And Saban has been lobbying for a 9 game Sec schedule for 5 years.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right Now if Rankins Hold( which they wont) Bama will have played 4 ranked teams. Ohio State and Clemson will have played 2.

Bamas schedule is weak but so is Ohio State and Clemsons
Problem is Rankings are subjective. They’re effected by everything from human influence to 9 vs 8 game conference schedules etc....Tbh I’m of the school FCS games shouldn’t be counted in win loss records. Ultimately they’re going to need a more accurate system imo. This season has the potential to be a bigger mess than last season

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The team & their fans only had to travel 15 miles. You don't think it was an advantage to only travel that distance?

No. I think it's silly that people believe travel distance is such a big factor beyond all other factors to be honest.

It's not a field they play on all the time, it's not a setting they play in all the time, so it's not like they are familiar in that way. And I can't say you went into a stadium where it was 90% fans of the other team like you often see in like in conference home and home game. Tickets are sold evenly as far as I know.

It's really nothing like a home game for them at all, except the 1 small thing, driving distance. And I don't see how Ohio St was in any way put out with the way modern travel is because you had to travel over 1 time zone. Nor did I see Ohio St having to play in a hostile environment.

So it was 100% a neutral site game for TCU regardless of travel distance.

Now - Alabama does get a little bit of an advantage because of all the neutral site games we play. It does become more like a home to teams that play in them constantly. I remember at one point we had more wins in the new Jerry World than the Cowboys did. But that has nothing to do with travel distance.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd be against it. This year's schedule for Georgia sucks, but going forward for the foreseeable future, Georgia will be playing at least 2 P5 OOC opponents every year.

Other than the Big 12 who only has 10 teams, college football as a whole would be better off with 8 game conference schedules and requiring each team play at least 2 P5 OOC games, and don't count BYU or the service academies as P5 schools.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It didnt happen on Campus, therefore Students couldnt walk to the game, they had to drive off campus. Neutral Site.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I think it's silly that people believe travel distance is such a big factor beyond all other factors to be honest.

It's not a field they play on all the time, it's not a setting they play in all the time, so it's not like they are familiar in that way. And I can't say you went into a stadium where it was 90% fans of the other team like you often see in like in conference home and home game. Tickets are sold evenly as far as I know.

It's really nothing like a home game for them at all, except the 1 small thing, driving distance. And I don't see how Ohio St was in any way put out with the way modern travel is because you had to travel over 1 time zone. Nor did I see Ohio St having to play in a hostile environment.

So it was 100% a neutral site game for TCU regardless of travel distance.

Let's just agree to disagree. I just don't consider a team only traveling 15 miles a real neutral site game.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson played a tough OOC game but the ACC is awful.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or that could just be for show....Fpr all we know it’s nothing more than collusion. Either way the conferences that play 8 game conference schedules are avoiding guaranteed conference losses. Which effect everything from rankings tobowl eligibility.Apoarently Sagan doesn’t schedule the neutral site games...And that leaves an awful OOC sos which was already bad this year. Hopefully this year leads to expanding the play offs faster. Conference champions and a couple at large reduce human error

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having a home field at a neutral site is one thing. PLaying a true road game where the crowd is still in your favor is another. Georgia might have a weak online presence, but the fans do travel. Notre Dame, Arizona State, Vandy and Georgia Tech fans know what I'm talking about.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be against it. This year's schedule for Georgia sucks, but going forward for the foreseeable future, Georgia will be playing at least 2 P5 OOC opponents every year.

Other than the Big 12 who only has 10 teams, college football as a whole would be better off with 8 game conference schedules and requiring each team play at least 2 P5 OOC games, and don't count BYU or the service academies as P5 schools.

Or that could just be for show....Fpr all we know it’s nothing more than collusion. Either way the conferences that play 8 game conference schedules are avoiding guaranteed conference losses. Which effect everything from rankings tobowl eligibility.Apoarently Sagan doesn’t schedule the neutral site games...And that leaves an awful OOC sos which was already bad this year. Hopefully this year leads to expanding the play offs faster. Conference champions and a couple at large reduce human error

You're not serious are you?

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having a home field at a neutral site is one thing. PLaying a true road game where the crowd is still in your favor is another. Georgia might have a weak online presence, but the fans do travel. Notre Dame, Arizona State, Vandy and Georgia Tech fans know what I'm talking about.

That post was directed to robotdevil not chewbaccer...sorry

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or if you are the Pac12, you play the extra conference games so that you get the guaranteed conference wins, since you tend to lose OOC games against G5 teams.