• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bama, Ohio State, and Baylor

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If somehow all four of these teams finished undefeated then the National Championship game is meaningless. Not one of these teams if they were to win that game can boast they are the best when there are still two undefeated teams that had no shot at them whatsoever. Two teams who did everything they could possibly do.

The BC$ has obvious shortcomings, which is why we'll finally see playoffs next season. Personally, I'd like to see at least a sixteen-team playoff, but we're not there yet in FBS.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama is not a great team. Texas A&M put 42 points on the Bama defense and theonly thing that saved the Tide was the Aggies have no defense. Last night Alabama struggled to beat a team down to their third quarterback. The one that started has started a ton and he wasn't exactly lighting up the scoreboard! Throw in Mississippi State beat Bowling Green by a whopping one point. Of course when this happens the bought and paid for SEC/ESPN announcers claim that style points don't matter.

Ohio State hasn't played anybody other than Wisconsin who is good. They for the most part have beaten their opponents with no problem. Really? I must have been watching a different team? When Ohio State wins 60-35 the SEC/ESPN announcers, especially Mark May rant constantly over the fact that Ohio State gave up 30 points to a lower opponent. So if you are the Buckeyes according top SEC/ESPN Network style points matter.

Baylor Has stomped everybody in front of them so they are just as deserving as anybody else.

Florida State has stomped everybody in front of them although they have played the weakest schedule by far. Who knows how good they are when all they play is an ACC schedule. Yeah they beat Clemson to a pulp but then how do we know how good Clemson really is

If somehow all four of these teams finished undefeated then the National Championship game is meaningless. Not one of these teams if they were to win that game can boast they are the best when there are still two undefeated teams that had no shot at them whatsoever. Two teams who did everything they could possibly do.

A&M has an exceptional player who might be a two time Heisman winner. Lets get the facts straight instead of a quick brushover. A&M jumped out 14-0 at home and then Bama outscores them 35-0. They were about to go up by 21 with 8 minutes to go and Yeldon fumbles on 3rd and 9 Manziel hits a 95 yard TD play to cut it to 7. Alabama drives back to go up 14. Never did A&M have the ball with a chance to tie. Baylor has played NO one and that is what it is! I already posted some facts about OSU. FSU wins out they will be in the game. It's been like this for 100 years and the new way next year is still going to create controversies. Go watch NFL if it bothers you that much. Alabama has been screwed over the years as well. It happens!

Alabama has to play Auburn and possibly the SEC game. What if they win those? Does that help your diatribe? They whipped LSU which would be #2 in the B1G and fighting OSU for top spot and I would put my money on LSU. Concerning South Carolina (probably east winner) OSU has not faired to well even as big favorites! If Bama wins those they would have wins over:

Va Tech
Ole Miss (beat Texas and LSU)
Texas A&M
LSU
Auburn
South Carolina (or Missouri)

How about the others?

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were about to go up by 21 with 8 minutes to go and Yeldon fumbles on 3rd and 9 Manziel hits a 95 yard TD play to cut it to 7.

... and he did his best to let MSU back into the game yesterday after yet another fumble, so think the coaches will put him through some serious ball-control drills in the near future.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... and he did his best to let MSU back into the game yesterday after yet another fumble, so think the coaches will put him through some serious ball-control drills in the near future.

He's been the first back at Bama in a while to have somewhat of a fumbling issue but Drake did too. However, he has not been. Yes, to answer your question, in between practicing for Auburn for two weeks. It looked like maybe they skipped Miss St and started Auburn preps last week! :L

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama is not a great team. Texas A&M put 42 points on the Bama defense and theonly thing that saved the Tide was the Aggies have no defense. Last night Alabama struggled to beat a team down to their third quarterback. Throw in Mississippi State beat Bowling Green by a whopping one point. Of course when this happens the bought and paid for SEC/ESPN announcers claim that style points don't matter.

Ohio State hasn't played anybody other than Wisconsin who is good. They for the most part have beaten their opponents with no problem. When Ohio State wins 60-35 the SEC/ESPN announcers, especially Mark May rant constantly over the fact that Ohio State gave up 30 points to a lower opponent. So if you are the Buckeyes according top SEC/ESPN Network style points matter.

Baylor Has stomped everybody in front of them so they are just as deserving as anybody else.

Florida State has stomped everybody in front of them although they have played the weakest schedule by far. Who knows how good they are when all they play is an ACC schedule. Yeah they beat Clemson to a pulp but then how do we know how good Clemson really is

:bawling: ****cry me a river****
music playing in the background:violin:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go on record too. It depends on all the circumstances. If a team has established and earned a ranking a close win against a decent team (as opposed to a bad team) should not cost them a position but if they have slowly moved up ONLY because other teams in front of them have lost and a team behind them has an impressive win, hell yea they should fall.

Also at the beginning of the year, like in OSU's case, when there is no body of work to go off of, just guessing, and a top team struggles while another top team is looking great, yes, should be able to drop. Look, people aren't just dropping teams because they want to, there are usually reasons, whether one likes it or not!

Too compare Alabama's 20-7 win over Miss St in week 11, after 10 strong weeks where NO one questioned their ranking, to Ohio State's 5 unimpressive showings in the first six weeks is ridiculous. The five I'm talking about:

struggle with Buffalo
horrible California scores 34 on them
31-24 win over only ranked team Wisconsin
40-30 over Northwestern and game was much closer
34-24 over Iowa ( you do know Iowa is bad?)

Should they get an automatic pass because before any games were played they were ranked #2?

Started playing better then OSU gives up 35 yesterday to Illinois (MSU gave up 3 to them).

Just giving the reasons why they probably have dropped.

Ok Ohio St might not have been impressive, but they have won game and accordingly to last night style points don't count

OSU got jumped by Oregon Week 2 of AP Poll's. Ohio St only beat Buffalo by 20 and Orwgkn beat a nobody Nicholls State. How do jump a team when you beat Nicholls St and the other team wins?? Style points have to matter.

Then the next week Ohio St got jumped by Clemson in Week 3. Ohio State beat San Diego St 42-7 without their starting QB. Clemson beat South Carolina State 52-13, another nobody. I understand they beat UGA Week 1, but why not pass em in Week 2.

It really makes no sense to me, and style points do matter it looks like. And how can you base how good these oppponents are early in the season and have them jump a team???

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok Ohio St might not have been impressive, but they have won game and accordingly to last night style points don't count

OSU got jumped by Oregon Week 2 of AP Poll's. Ohio St only beat Buffalo by 20 and Orwgkn beat a nobody Nicholls State. How do jump a team when you beat Nicholls St and the other team wins?? Style points have to matter.

Then the next week Ohio St got jumped by Clemson in Week 3. Ohio State beat San Diego St 42-7 without their starting QB. Clemson beat South Carolina State 52-13, another nobody. I understand they beat UGA Week 1, but why not pass em in Week 2.

It really makes no sense to me, and style points does matter it looks like.

There is no question style points matter. Ohio State has not played a tough schedule, but they have played a tougher schedule than Baylor, who is threatening to overtake them in the polls. Only reason for that: style points.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Style points do matter in the minds of the voters. The fact our defense gives up a ton of yards and points to even mediocre teams is bad enough. When we give up a ton of yards and points consistently, which we have in at least 6 games. It becomes who we are not the exception.

Our defense is shit. Our offense is pretty good.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep 4 turnovers, flat play and bad offensive scheme made this game a lot closer than it should have been. Saban will light a fire under them. They should play better against Chattanooga, but I expect them to come out firing against Auburn.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question is how much is Yeldon running today lol.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Style points do matter in the minds of the voters. The fact our defense gives up a ton of yards and points to even mediocre teams is bad enough. When we give up a ton of yards and points consistently, which we have in at least 6 games. It becomes who we are not the exception.

Hard to say whether its bad D or lack of focus. A lot of the yardage and points the D has given up this yr has happened after ohio state got out to big leads.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bama's defense bailed out a flat offense more than a few times yesterday. Saw that happen during the '92 national championship run.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say whether its bad D or lack of focus. A lot of the yardage and points the D has given up this yr has happened after ohio state got out to big leads.

Well it's been a problem for more than half our games this season. At some point you have to say than its who we are.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They why were they saying that style points doesn't matter?? bc IMO it does matter a lot.

I guess they were saying it, bc Bama doesn't need style pts...just to win out

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama's defense bailed out a flat offense more than a few times yesterday. Saw that happen during the '92 national championship run.

Yes it did. And aside from the fact Bama is number 1 in the rankings, this season is shaping up in a similar fashion to that year. Heading for a possible date with a team from Florida that many feel is heads above the Crimson Tide.

I still remember that night as being one of the best nights of my life in terms of college football.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All three didn't play the way they like to today ... but they survived.

Stanford is in a dog fight with USC atm. Let's see if they can pull the W.

Baylor and tOSU "survived"? Explain please......

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's been a problem for more than half our games this season. At some point you have to say than its who we are.

Agreed. Its definitely not the stout defense I'm used to seeing.