• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Baltimore Orioles | SH Members Created Franchise

recon

FLYERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is this dead?

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herky's Walk-Off Blast Lifts O's Past Twins

http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/rr82/wcs71401/SportsHoopla%20Baseball/twins3-1.jpg​

BALTIMORE, MD - The Orioles behind the big bat of Herky, walked off with the series against the Twins beating them 8-6 in front of another sold out crowd at Camden Yards.

Rookie Herky took a 0-2 pitch from Glen Perkins in the bottom of the ninth down by one run with two runners on over the right field wall to secure the win for the Baltimore Orioles who improve to 2-1 on the young season.

"I just wanted the opportunity" Herky said "Once we were able to get baserunners I knew I had the chance to win the game for us. I was looking to just make good contact to try and at least tie the game. What happened was so much more special" he added.

The Orioles had to make up ground after a lackluster start by Edisto Tiger. Tiger was only able to barely give the O's five innings but did allow five runs to the Twins, three of which came from a Justin Morneau blast.

"I just couldn't get command of my pitches" Edisto Tiger said "I am thrilled that the batters picked it up for me and the bullpen shut it down. I never want to make them have to do it" he said.

Orioles skipper Buck Showalter commended his team on staying the course and not giving up. The lead wasn't something they couldn't come back from they just needed to believe in themselves.

An AL East showdown is next as the New York Yankees are set to face the Orioles in an early season series. Should be a dandy.

http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/rr82/wcs71401/SportsHoopla%20Baseball/twins4.jpg​

.454 avg :dance:

Upstater

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope not dead. I haven't been able to play at work (since that is where I am doing this one). As soon as I can I will get going again.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope not dead. I haven't been able to play at work (since that is where I am doing this one). As soon as I can I will get going again.

put me in coach!

You need some Canadian content.We use maple syrup,rather than pine tar.

Last edited by a moderator: