• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Badgers announced their new defensive coordinator

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if Wisconsin gets their share of INT's again this season, what will your excuse be?

"B-b-b-b-b-but they're so incredibleee rayunnndommmm!!"

Well if they don't I'll rub this one in your face. Bookmarked.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol I wasn't being sarcastic towards Wisconsin, I was being an ass towards brasky, but a justified ass :dhd:

Not really. If you really look at forced turnovers it really is a random stat.

Oregon's defense in 2012 was nothing special but they had 22 interceptions.

In 2012 when Notre Dame made the National title game, their defense was 2nd in the country allowing 12.8 points per game, but they rarely forced turnovers at a +.62 clip.

I could find a million more examples.

It's a wacky stat.

Last edited:

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. If you really look at forced turnovers it really is a random stat.

Oregon's defense in 2012 was nothing special but they had 22 interceptions.

In 2012 when Notre Dame made the National title game, their defense was 2nd in the country allowing 12.8 points per game, but they rarely forced turnovers at a +.62 clip.

I could find a million more examples.

It's a wacky stat.

Sure, but Wisconsin has a long-held reputation for recruiting/employing excellent defenses, not something that can be said for ND or Oregon; not really solid comparisons. Yes, they're random in many instances, but I wouldnt be the least bit surprised to see them near the top of college ball, as far as such a stat would be concerned, over the next couple seasons

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but Wisconsin has a long-held reputation for recruiting/employing excellent defenses, not something that can be said for ND or Oregon; not really solid comparisons. Yes, they're random in many instances, but I wouldnt be the least bit surprised to see them near the top of college ball, as far as such a stat would be concerned, over the next couple seasons

They won't come close to 20+ INTs (which is what they had last year) in the next 5 years. Watch.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not really. They don't have a long held tradition of anything overly impressive. They're not a blue blood, that's for sure. They've only recently been good. A little more than a flash in the pan, but we will overtake them easily as the dominant team in the West very soon.

We're just better in every single imaginable way. Everything about Nebraska football is better. They're not gonna stay ahead for long. They've lost ground every year on us.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won't come close to 20+ INTs (which is what they had last year) in the next 5 years. Watch.

Did your crystal ball tell you this? If anything their secondary should be even better with the the 3-4 scheme genius in Jim is taking over the entire defense so he can now control the everything instead of just the secondary. He turned no name 2 stars into god's last year. Now he has two straight recruiting classes that he hand picked for the secondary so it should be even better.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did your crystal ball tell you this? If anything their secondary should be even better with the the 3-4 scheme genius in Jim is taking over the entire defense so he can now control the everything instead of just the secondary. He turned no name 2 stars into god's last year. Now he has two straight recruiting classes that he hand picked for the secondary so it should be even better.

Doubt it.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to sound like an ass, but Wiscy is not ever gonna be anything other than a B1G championship contender on down years for the league.

They'll never compete for national titles. Ever.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. They don't have a long held tradition of anything overly impressive. They're not a blue blood, that's for sure. They've only recently been good. A little more than a flash in the pan, but we will overtake them easily as the dominant team in the West very soon.

We're just better in every single imaginable way. Everything about Nebraska football is better. They're not gonna stay ahead for long. They've lost ground every year on us.

They're much more of a power than Nebraska has been since 1999. Badgers had back to back Rose bowl wins in 99 and 2000. Then had 3 straight BIG championships in 2010-2012. They're not a flash in the pan as their defense has been top 10 for 4 straight years and actually gets better every single season.

Good luck with over taking us. Nebraska has been bad to average for a long time now. I think they're improving but have a long ways before they can compete with Wisconsin.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you expect them to be even better next year?

no_michael_bluth.gif

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're much more of a power than Nebraska has been since 1999. Badgers had back to back Rose bowl wins in 99 and 2000. Then had 3 straight BIG championships in 2010-2012. They're not a flash in the pan as their defense has been top 10 for 4 straight years and actually gets better every single season.

Good luck with over taking us. Nebraska has been bad to average for a long time now. I think they're improving but have a long ways before they can compete with Wisconsin.

You beat us by a field goal during a 5 win season and in overtime with your vaunted defense last year in a throwaway season.

By 2018 I fully expect us to be smacking everyone in the West around as they should be.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to sound like an ass, but Wiscy is not ever gonna be anything other than a B1G championship contender on down years for the league.

They'll never compete for national titles. Ever.

They just went to the BIG championship on their down year and their toughest SOS ever. They're even better next season with an easier schedule. It's only a down year because Wisconsin gets in is a fallacy.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you expect them to be even better next year?

no_michael_bluth.gif

Yes, they will be vastly better next year. Last year was one of their youngest teams they've ever had yet they still won the West easily. WTF are you smoking?

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, they will be vastly better next year. Last year was one of their youngest teams they've ever had yet they still won the West easily. WTF are you smoking?

Easily? Yeah dunno bout that bub.

Nebraska could "easily" have beaten Wiscy. They missed their XP in OT if I remember correctly and all we had to do was score. Shitty no call on a PI fucked us from what I remember.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Great Dayne is over here acting like Wiscy is so far ahead when we've had them on the ropes the last two seasons.

A real quarterback should pretty much solve all of this stick talk.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You beat us by a field goal during a 5 win season and in overtime with your vaunted defense last year in a throwaway season.

By 2018 I fully expect us to be smacking everyone in the West around as they should be.

A throw away season? That was the best I've seen Nebraska look in a while. I mean you guys have lost 4 games every single time since joining the BIG. Now you expect them to compete be vastly better despite having the same old coach, and same garbage running QB.