• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bad News coming for Ohio State?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To add to this, Kirk was spewing the NCAA "Guidelines" for such infractions, which is sort of like the speed limit on the freeway - it's generally a suggestion and if you don't want to get flattened, go the same speed as everyone else or get the hell out of the way.

He later tried to walk it back a bit and say he expected it to be reduced to 4 games, but there was never a finding of 4 games from the NCAA.
Exactly. He reported speculation but presented it as fact. It was never 4 games to begin with. He was definitely wrong.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he said he was suspended for four games. You even said it yourself. OSU didn't appeal a 4-game suspension; it never happened. Kirk said it was a four-game suspension before the NCAA had even concluded their investigation. Hence, he was speculating, and his speculation turned out to be wrong.

But he was suspended 2 games? In any case it doesn't matter, that was always going to be the outcome.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he was suspended 2 games? In any case it doesn't matter, that was always going to be the outcome.
Not what he said. He reported it as already being a 4-game suspension and he expected OSU to appeal it down to 2. You said so yourself. He was wrong.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright that'll take some getting used to. Makes me wanna get high
Being colorblind, I just pick a random color anyway

*partially, I could tell yours wasn't green.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa, I never knew that about you
I hope you don't think less of me now...
giphy.gif

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are avenues kids can take ( even scholarship athletes ) that are perfectly acceptable in the NCAA rulebook to get loans . This isnt one of them. Its not one of them because if anyone could give an elite athlete a personal loan then agents and boosters would do this all the time and simply claim the loans were paid back even if they werent.

Young couldve got an unsecured bank loan with his draft projection or ( easier ) he couldve got a guarantee backed student loan then simply repaid it in full upon being drafted and signed.

In instances like this its almost certain it wasnt a loan or that it waa paid back as theres no reason to risk eligibility for a loan ( when you can get a loan without risking eligibility ) unless you take the money knowing youre never paying it back

That said hes not missing more than 1 or 2 games as long as they cant prove it wasnt a loan or wasnt paid back ( which is almost impossible )

Your willingness and ability to write a bunch of words about things you know very little about never ceases to amaze me.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. He reported speculation but presented it as fact. It was never 4 games to begin with. He was definitely wrong.

I remember reading something that said based on the amount and that it was paid back before it went public, the suspension could be "up to" four games.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember reading something that said based on the amount and that it was paid back before it went public, the suspension could be "up to" four games.

Anything over $1000 was supposedly at least a mandatory 4 games.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything over $1000 was supposedly at least a mandatory 4 games.

I'd be surprised if he borrowed less than a grand for a flight to the Rose and a hotel for a day or two.

But regardless....fuck the NCAA. Go Memphis fighting the good fight

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is being suspended for Rutgers really even a punishment?

In the sense that missing these two games and having this weak story come to light will probably prevent him from winning the heisman..... yes .... I find it curious that this story popped up right after the media spent 2-3 days fawning all over him for his incredible defensive stats (rightly so). and talk of winning the heisman...... It's almost like someone was sitting on this story until it was advantageous to destroy him a little. This happened last year. this could've come out earlier, and sat for the 1st two games........