• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Backup QB

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect we will carry 3 QBs on the roster this year due to the new CBA. With a shortened and possibly significantly shortened off season it will be hard to judge some of the draft picks and UDFAs. The two extra roster spots should help us to keep some guys that we think could be good but perhaps just didn't have enough time to judge properly. Plus throw in new schemes all around and it could be a little bit of a learn on the fly year for us.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is the key. Rush just isn't good. Cowboys fans have a tendency to think their players are better than they really are. So far Dak has been an iron man but anyone can always get hurt and he isn't even signed at this point. The thought of Cooper Rush or a late draft pick being the answer if we need a QB this year should be quite scary to any fan and likely ends our season unless we somehow struck gold with DiNucci. It has been a while since Dallas had a backup QB worth playing on Sundays and looking around the league you can see how important it is.
Exactly. I personally think this is a solid playoff team with a shot to go all the way. If Cooper Rush has to play for any significant stretch, the season will be lost. If Cam is healthy, he could win about as many games for us as Dak could

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I personally think this is a solid playoff team with a shot to go all the way. If Cooper Rush has to play for any significant stretch, the season will be lost. If Cam is healthy, he could win about as many games for us as Dak could
I agree on your Cooper Rush part completely and that is why we must upgrade backup QB and maybe we did with Dinucci but we need to be sure. The season likely ends if Dak gets hurt and especially if it's a shortened season. I respectfully disagree that Cam could win about as many games. Dak is way better than Cam IMO. But, restating what I said before, I admittedly never thought Cam was good so I may not be the best judge. But, Is he an upgrade at backup QB? Heck yeah. If it were my call I preferably find someone else because I think he will be a bad attitude if he spent the whole year on the sideline, but if we could get Winston, Cam or Dalton for $1M it would be a coup.

On Dak. I have been watching some of last year's games and watched the Vikings game this week. If I remember correctly some people were killing Dak after that game but he was great and made some amazing clutch throws. He had a couple not great throws early on, but no QB is perfect. The problem in that game was four things: Coaching/play calling, special teams, missed tackles and the inability to run the ball. It's so tiring reading people state how Dak only succeeds because of our running game when it was the complete opposite last year and in particular in that game. Our passing Offense succeeded even when our running game was shit and our running game was bad in a lot of our big games and in big spots like short yardage or inside the 10. The passing game, on the other hand, was good even when the defense was pinning their ears back and coming for Dak. The OL just hasn't gotten push or sealed off the front 7 in the running game to the level of their reputation the last couple of years. Also, I love Frederick but he just wasn't the same guy last year.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which cowboy fan said Cooper Rush was good? I see some say he isn't good. I don't know how anyone could know one way or the other unless the opinion is based off preseason snaps.

How many NFL teams are set at BU QB and know their season won't go down the tube should their main QB miss significant time? Really...I can appreciate what the Saints have done, but they got lucky Winston took such a low salary....it's hardy the norm, besides Bress would be secure with his job no matter who they brought in. Saint fans wouldn't be screaming for the back up after an interception like Dallas fans would. There is no comparison here to the situation in New Orleans.

Lastly....I could be wrong but I don't think there is a snow balls chance in hell Cam or Dalton play in Dallas for 1M. It would take 5M minimum IMO if not more, and based on what I've seen over the years, 30% of this fan base would be all over Dak with a lose and/or an interception. No thank you. Like it or not, the best we can hope for is our new head coach develops a back up capable of winning a game or two should the starter miss time like most all other teams in this league. IMO, no team rolls on other than the Saints last year when their QB gets hurt

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which cowboy fan said Cooper Rush was good? I see some say he isn't good. I don't know how anyone could know one way or the other unless the opinion is based off preseason snaps.

How many NFL teams are set at BU QB and know their season won't go down the tube should their main QB miss significant time? Really...I can appreciate what the Saints have done, but they got lucky Winston took such a low salary....it's hardy the norm, besides Bress would be secure with his job no matter who they brought in. Saint fans wouldn't be screaming for the back up after an interception like Dallas fans would. There is no comparison here to the situation in New Orleans.

Lastly....I could be wrong but I don't think there is a snow balls chance in hell Cam or Dalton play in Dallas for 1M. It would take 5M minimum IMO if not more, and based on what I've seen over the years, 30% of this fan base would be all over Dak with a lose and/or an interception. No thank you. Like it or not, the best we can hope for is our new head coach develops a back up capable of winning a game or two should the starter miss time like most all other teams in this league. IMO, no team rolls on other than the Saints last year when their QB gets hurt
Exacty. On point. First bad Dak game, they would call for the back up. I will never forget the Chad bandwagon lol

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly, there are a lot of good BU QB's out there. A lot of talented young guys. At the end of the day, there are a lot of veteran QB's that will have to swallow their pride and accept a cheap deal as a BU. Who would have ever thought Jameis would take $1 million to be a backup? He made a smart decision and chose a fantastic situation, where if something happened and he got to play, he has an awesome supporting cast to make him shine.
Now look at who all is out there..not starters, not Dak, but guys like Cam, Dalton, Flacco, Heck even Josh Rosen, are way better options than Rush. I think 2-3 of these guys will see that being a BU on a great team beats playing Xbox with Collin Kaepernick. And outside of NO and maybe KC, I think Dallas is the most attractive situation. Awesome offensive talent and a QB not under contract

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, there are a lot of good BU QB's out there. A lot of talented young guys. At the end of the day, there are a lot of veteran QB's that will have to swallow their pride and accept a cheap deal as a BU. Who would have ever thought Jameis would take $1 million to be a backup? He made a smart decision and chose a fantastic situation, where if something happened and he got to play, he has an awesome supporting cast to make him shine.
Now look at who all is out there..not starters, not Dak, but guys like Cam, Dalton, Flacco, Heck even Josh Rosen, are way better options than Rush. I think 2-3 of these guys will see that being a BU on a great team beats playing Xbox with Collin Kaepernick. And outside of NO and maybe KC, I think Dallas is the most attractive situation. Awesome offensive talent and a QB not under contract
we can agree to disagree but I'd be interested in your list of quality BU QB's that would continue to win games if the starter missed significant amount of games. I will say I sure don't few Flacco nor Josh Rosen as you seem too. I trust our new head coach when it comes to QB's on his roster.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Rosen is worth a look at. He's young and has been a starter.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we can agree to disagree but I'd be interested in your list of quality BU QB's that would continue to win games if the starter missed significant amount of games. I will say I sure don't few Flacco nor Josh Rosen as you seem too. I trust our new head coach when it comes to QB's on his roster.
Again, not comparing any of these to Dak, who is a top 10 QB in the league, but that I think would have a chance to keep us afloat if Dan were out. Unlike Cooper Rush...
Ryan Fitzpatrick or Tua
Case Keenum
Jacoby Brissett
Mason Rudolph
RG3
Jeff Driskell
Marcus Mariota
Justin Herbert
Colt McCoy
Jalen Hurts
Kyle Allen
Nick Foles
Chase Daniel
Jordan Love
Winston Jameis
Taysom Hill
Blaine Gabbert
CJ Beathard
Jake Fromm
Joe Flacco
Jacob Eason

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize Josh Rosen was on the street. He would be one to look at. If I were him I'd be looking at a team that isn't going to give their young QB $150M and where I can compete for a job, but maybe if Dak isn't signed in the next few months Rosen would think he can get some starts in this year if he comes and parlay it into a chance to start somewhere else. :noidea:

Reactions: GNG

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks for the list. I don't think draft picks from this year qualify unless you propose we should of drafted them.
I remain unsure what Rush can do due to zero reference at this point but I'd take Brissett from your list, maybe RG3. Would not want to pay Foles the required money....the required money for a quality BU has been my point all along.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks for the list. I don't think draft picks from this year qualify unless you propose we should of drafted them.
I remain unsure what Rush can do due to zero reference at this point but I'd take Brissett from your list, maybe RG3. Would not want to pay Foles the required money....the required money for a quality BU has been my point all along.
I think rookies should count if they are QB2.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize Josh Rosen was on the street. He would be one to look at. If I were him I'd be looking at a team that isn't going to give their young QB $150M and where I can compete for a job, but maybe if Dak isn't signed in the next few months Rosen would think he can get some starts in this year if he comes and parlay it into a chance to start somewhere else. :noidea:
Not yet, but with Fitzpatrick and Tua in front of him, he will be

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper Rush looked good against 3rd string corners. When he faced starters he got picked off because the arm is not good enough

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like denuci potential to become backup.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's being reported that the Cowboys have signed Dalton.