• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Backup QB

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he better than Cooper Rush?
this is like asking, which is better to step in fresh dogshit or old dog shit.

Neither are a good answer.

I am hoping our 7th rounder is a better answer to either.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well....one is much better than the other

I can't see this team paying 5M plus for a BU QB and find this thread kinda funny cause many here who worry about the cap seem to be on board with the thought

maybe the 7th rounder pushes Cooper, maybe not but no way in hell do I see our BU QB running around with a towel on his head

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am hoping our 7th rounder is a better answer to either.
Dude, you have to be kidding...
So, Dak get's injured...or holds out....or whatever....and we are down to option 2...With all the talent we have, we are still likely a playoff team with Cam at QB. If we started Rush, we might win 1 game in every 4

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't see this team paying 5M plus for a BU QB and find this thread kinda funny cause many here who worry about the cap seem to be on board with the thought

maybe the 7th rounder pushes Cooper, maybe not but no way in hell do I see our BU QB running around with a towel on his head
I'd prefer the 7th rounder to Rush without having seen him play. We might have the strongest first 22 in the NFL, if we don't then we are certainly top 5. But we are in the 30's when it comes to backup QB. That's a pretty risky way to go. I may not like paying for insurance...but it comes in awfully handy if you have an accident

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure what thought you are referring to. The thread is about having a good backup QB and paying him $1.1M because it's cap friendly. $5M from best I can tell only came from you. Cooper Rush makes $2.1M. So Winston makes less. Sounds like a smart cap move

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you have to be kidding...
So, Dak get's injured...or holds out....or whatever....and we are down to option 2...With all the talent we have, we are still likely a playoff team with Cam at QB. If we started Rush, we might win 1 game in every 4
We wont be a playoff caliber team with Cam.
I want no part of Cam & his whiney ass on this team.
If we go to a back up QB playoff hopes are done, until our Defense improves.
Cam here is a horrible idea.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cam Newton would accept a Jameis Winston deal..$1.1 million plus some incentives..would you want Dallas to sign him as a 1 year backup? Personally...in a heartbeat
I'd rather they sign Andy Dalton.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd also rather have Dalton

Dalton makes more sense. He is a good presence in the locker room and would accept that role.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We wont be a playoff caliber team with Cam.
I want no part of Cam & his whiney ass on this team.
If we go to a back up QB playoff hopes are done, until our Defense improves.
Cam here is a horrible idea.
I understand you dont like him, but he has gone to the Super Bowl with a team that didnt have the talent this team does and hes only 30

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cam Newton would accept a Jameis Winston deal..$1.1 million plus some incentives..would you want Dallas to sign him as a 1 year backup? Personally...in a heartbeat
For multiple reasons I don't think Cams the best answer for a BU QB. At least not for Dallas.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand you dont like him, but he has gone to the Super Bowl with a team that didnt have the talent this team does and hes only 30
He wouldn't be happy as a backup QB.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Cam should be signed by the Cowboys.
But I don't like the Cowboys, so maybe there are other reasons I want him on the Cowboys.
Call the Colts please. We'll let you have Brissett cheap.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Cam should be signed by the Cowboys.
But I don't like the Cowboys, so maybe there are other reasons I want him on the Cowboys.
Call the Colts please. We'll let you have Brissett cheap.
I would love to have Brissett. He's one of 30 backups they are better than Rush

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brissett is a very good back up. It's just that the Colts need to have their back up as a possible future starter with Rivers being on his last year or 2.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, but what you have to realize is that is a different player that had an awesome defense.
Now he is a player that wasnt gonna get his job back from the Panthers Back up who the panthers are now trying to find a replacement for. So they know their current guy (the back up) isnt pleasing enough to stay the starter.

I didnt like Cam back when he went to the superbowl. (thats not a secret) He is a much lesser of a player now than he was then. he is absolutely not needed here.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what thought you are referring to. The thread is about having a good backup QB and paying him $1.1M because it's cap friendly. $5M from best I can tell only came from you. Cooper Rush makes $2.1M. So Winston makes less. Sounds like a smart cap move
LOL....I have two follow up thoughts to this.
Cooper makes 2.1 IF he makes the team & Winston isn't on the market.
The 5M plus comment is an opinion about Cam & Dalton who are both on the market.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL....I have two follow up thoughts to this.
Cooper makes 2.1 IF he makes the team & Winston isn't on the market.
The 5M plus comment is an opinion about Cam & Dalton who are both on the market.
Then that's a totally different discussion. I wouldn't give either $5M personally to hold a clip board. I don't think anyone is looking to pay $5M to our backup QB at this point, at least not in this thread. The whole premise of this thread is based on the $1.1M that Winston got whether realistic or not. Now if Dak holds out or isn't signed by a month before the season (whenever that is) I would up my ante on how much I'd pay the right backup.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is the key. Rush just isn't good. Cowboys fans have a tendency to think their players are better than they really are. So far Dak has been an iron man but anyone can always get hurt and he isn't even signed at this point. The thought of Cooper Rush or a late draft pick being the answer if we need a QB this year should be quite scary to any fan and likely ends our season unless we somehow struck gold with DiNucci. It has been a while since Dallas had a backup QB worth playing on Sundays and looking around the league you can see how important it is.