• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Backup QB situation!

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was on another board and it's funny how people panic over preseason games. Sure, it's hard to watch GB suck bad, even in preseason, but we were watching 2nd and 3rd stringers all night.

The question I have is I wonder if GB will pick up any QB's in the coming days when teams are cutting down their roster, because both of our backups are pretty unimpressive. Granted, GB will be cutting down its roster to get to 53 also, but will they really go into the season with our current garbage? Now, I will say, it's hard to judge talent at backup QB and running back when our backups on the Oline suck as bad as they do.

It appears as though we don't have very good depth at several key positions, and that's my only real worry heading into next week. Well, that, and the fact that our starters have seen so little action this preseason, that I wonder how good their timing and chemistry will be next week!

Jedster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be brutally honest.....I hope our starters are ready, because we don't have much else......our depth is really pathetic....

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my main concern! Our starters have what, a handful of series in the past four preseason games? Hardly enough to get in synch! And a couple of starters haven't even seen the field yet. Yeah, I have concerns about next week. So many question marks because we haven't really seen anything yet. I hope MM knows what he's doing.

Stevein2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my main concern! Our starters have what, a handful of series in the past four preseason games? Hardly enough to get in synch! And a couple of starters haven't even seen the field yet. Yeah, I have concerns about next week. So many question marks because we haven't really seen anything yet. I hope MM knows what he's doing.

The 49ers haven't really played their starters any more than we have so if were in that boat they are too.

Stevein2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be brutally honest.....I hope our starters are ready, because we don't have much else......our depth is really pathetic....

I don't know the depth on defense looks pretty good everywhere but OLB (though Neal hasn't looked bad there). Depth on d-line looks pretty good, depth in secondary looks good, depth at ILB looks good. Brandon Smith and some other guys who have no shot at making the team giving up 3 TD really says nothing about our actual depth.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not personally concerned about our starters being in sync. I think there was enough during the preseason from them to see and we kept them healthy for the most part. Rodgers should have a healthier arm thanks to the fewer reps he took during practices

Depth at QB, TE, C, OG, LB and S are the concerns and very legitimate concerns at that

Jedster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not personally concerned about our starters being in sync. I think there was enough during the preseason from them to see and we kept them healthy for the most part. Rodgers should have a healthier arm thanks to the fewer reps he took during practices

Depth at QB, TE, C, OG, LB and S are the concerns and very legitimate concerns at that

Not concerned much about our starters either. Just hoping we can stay healthy, because our division is going to be much tougher this year.

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of our issues with the backups are based solely on a lack of experience. We're getting young very fast and that's something TT and his staff have built into their philosophy. I'm concerned, yet I'm not. The good news is that we'll finally get to see some holes filled in the next draft; holes that we've wanted to fill for years....like TE for example. I was very worried about Safety going into this season, but Chris Banjo has stepped up and MD should improve this year(although McMillian is still the better S). Barrington appears to be a steal in the 7th as well. I'm more concerned about TE and the interior O-line.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think the Tolzien acquisition was just for intel?

alldaybaby55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Solely for intel? No.

Does it help that he was with the Niners instead of, say, the Cowboys or whoever? Probably didn't hurt Tolzien.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Considering 49ers will begin practicing their gameplan vs Packers this week, no. Unless he has the gameplan not much help at all... but I highly doubt he has copy of gameplan as that gets worked on week leading up to the game.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope something is in the works for the backup QB spot. If the plan is to role into the season with Coleman as the backup and thats it, then why cut Harrell at all?

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really think Thompson missed on this one. Young at least had three weeks in the system and obviously should have been picked up earlier. Instead we cut him and his growing experience for Seneca and release Coleman who had over a year of experience. Just don't get this one. But if all goes well, we won't have to see Seneca

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wallace? wow that makes no sense. Odds are he will start a few games too. TT for pres.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wallace? wow that makes no sense. Odds are he will start a few games too. TT for pres.

Odds are? Based off what? Rodgers injury history and games missed? God you amaze me more and more....

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I get the "odds are he will start a few games too" while OL is still a concern for this team it is better than last year. Running game will also help take some pressure off Rodgers and keep the defense a little honest.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And who is the Bears back up QB to be honest I don't even know. I did see that caleb Hanie did get cut by someone though.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this a done deal? I saw that they cut Coleman but have not seen any reports of signing another QB.

I am guessing there are good odds that Coleman will be added to the practice squad as that is where most of us thought he would end up anyway unless San Fran pics him up quick to drain his brain like we did with Tolzien