• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

backup fantasy QB Tebow

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I have Stafford in two leagues and he's on bye week.

My backup QB is Tim Tebow in both leagues. I know he had an awful game against Detroit last week, but I think he will start this week.

In one league the waiver wire has Freeman (@NO) and Cassel (vs MIA) on it. In the other league Cassel is available.

I still think that *this week* Tebow may be a better fantasy QB than the other two. Tebow is always good for 60 yards rushing and more than 50% of the time he gets a rushing TD. If he cleans up the turnovers a bit he is a decent fantasy QB although not a good real NFL QB.

Thoughts? Again I'm just looking for this week. Next week I go back to Stafford.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have Stafford in two leagues and he's on bye week.

My backup QB is Tim Tebow in both leagues. I know he had an awful game against Detroit last week, but I think he will start this week.

In one league the waiver wire has Freeman (@NO) and Cassel (vs MIA) on it. In the other league Cassel is available.

I still think that *this week* Tebow may be a better fantasy QB than the other two. Tebow is always good for 60 yards rushing and more than 50% of the time he gets a rushing TD. If he cleans up the turnovers a bit he is a decent fantasy QB although not a good real NFL QB.

Thoughts? Again I'm just looking for this week. Next week I go back to Stafford.

I would choose Cassell going away...I do believe Tebow will start, but he may not finish - his leash is more like a choker chain.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have Tebow and Freeman on two of my teams. Both teams starting Freeman.

Tebow is a very risky play and has the most upside off all the QBs though. He's not a bad fantasy QB really at all, my biggest concern is him getting pulled though. If he plays the whole game, his lowest is probably the other guys average.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully he rips Oakland a new asshole.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I agree the risk is there of getting Tebow pulled from the game.

But Tebow was good at the Chargers, he was good against Miami coming back, and he was awful against Detroit. So suppose he's awful in the 1st half against Oakland are you gonna pull him after 1 1/2 awful games?

Orton played more than 1.5 awful games before he got benched.

And what are the Broncos gonna do if they yank Tebow, go to Quinn for the last 8 games?

So I think Tebow's leash is a bit longer than Oakland, maybe 2 more starts.

Freeman against NO is not a bad matchup though because Freeman could get into a shootout and Tampa could be down.

But Cassel has actually had 2 bad fantasy performance and so he's risky IMHO, what if KC gets up and runs the ball?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a backup QB with upside. Hell yeah!

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would go with tebow...no way they go to quinn

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Vick and had Tebow as my backup, but I know Fox just hates Tim and I dont see Tebow finishing the season as the starter, so I traded him for Sanchez straight up

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The waiver wire has passed, and I'm sticking with Tebow in two leagues this week.

Next week it's back to Stafford full time in both leagues. So it's just one week.

I'm praying that Jesus will guide Tebow through the darkness of the Black Hole. :-)

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The waiver wire has passed, and I'm sticking with Tebow in two leagues this week.

Next week it's back to Stafford full time in both leagues. So it's just one week.

I'm praying that Jesus will guide Tebow through the darkness of the Black Hole. :-)

Not all prayers are answered.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not all prayers are answered.

I will be praying and Tebowing down on a knee, for the sake of my two fantasy teams.

May Tebow rush for many a TD this weekend, at least one.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
go with cassell. kc is slowly starting to put things together.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Tebow did pretty good he probably cemented himself a bit as the starter... better than Freeman or Cassel. 118 yards rushing doesn't hurt.

In one league McGahee was sitting on the waiver and I snapped him up when I heard he might play even though he had surgery on his hand. McGahee got boxer's knuckle that's where your knuckle cracks he had surgery to put in screws into the knuckle.

McGahee has a monster week did not see that coming.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tebow did pretty good he probably cemented himself a bit as the starter... better than Freeman or Cassel. 118 yards rushing doesn't hurt.

In one league McGahee was sitting on the waiver and I snapped him up when I heard he might play even though he had surgery on his hand. McGahee got boxer's knuckle that's where your knuckle cracks he had surgery to put in screws into the knuckle.

McGahee has a monster week did not see that coming.

I was thinking of you when I made a few OT: posts in the game thread. Tebow played lights-out (for Tebow, that is). Between Tebow vs. Oak & Cassell vs. Mia, I would have never started Tebow and I assume I would have been wrong - Good Job, Maniax!

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should have started him but the short leash had me worried. It was still exciting to watch though.