• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Baalke: Trade for WR unlikely. Talks about Aldon too.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he gets franchised what's to stop Seattle from making big offer? Serious question not saying he won't get tagged. Just curious because we would match or get two 1s?

I also do not know their cap situation but could they not drive the price up. I understand it's a big risk to make the offer in the first place for any team but how often does a pass rusher become available that's as good as Aldon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Trent Baalke: 49ers trading for receiver unlikely - NFL.com

Bad news for the guys hoping they'll get Gordon, Nicks, or Britt.

I would consider it non news really because he's going to say that regardless if we are going all out to trade for a WR or not.

No way is he going to come out say we desperately need a WR and we're actively shopping for one because that gives leverage to any team you may negotiate with.

With that said I believe we're shopping for a WR but we're not going to do whatever it takes to get one. I'm sure we're one of the teams with a standing offer to Cleveland for Gordon and I'm sure the stance is if Cleveland wants to go for it than fine and if not that's fine as well.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would consider it non news really because he's going to say that regardless if we are going all out to trade for a WR or not.

No way is he going to come out say we desperately need a WR and we're actively shopping for one because that gives leverage to any team you may negotiate with.

With that said I believe we're shopping for a WR but we're not going to do whatever it takes to get one. I'm sure we're one of the teams with a standing offer to Cleveland for Gordon and I'm sure the stance is if Cleveland wants to go for it than fine and if not that's fine as well.

Yeah, WR becomes less of a need with every win and every week that gets them closer to getting Manningham and Crabtree back. It becomes easier to brush that need under the carpet.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he gets franchised what's to stop Seattle from making big offer? Serious question not saying he won't get tagged. Just curious because we would match or get two 1s?

I also do not know their cap situation but could they not drive the price up. I understand it's a big risk to make the offer in the first place for any team but how often does a pass rusher become available that's as good as Aldon.

Nothing I suppose, although I think the NFL did away with the poison pill clauses so the 49ers could easily match. I don't think Seattle can really afford him though without making some serious sacrifices. Keeping that secondary together is going to gobble up a lot of cash, even if they just keep 2 of the 4.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing I suppose, although I think the NFL did away with the poison pill clauses so the 49ers could easily match. I don't think Seattle can really afford him though without making some serious sacrifices. Keeping that secondary together is going to gobble up a lot of cash, even if they just keep 2 of the 4.

with a good pass rush u don't need a high priced secondary

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Aldon is a first round pick so he has another 2 years before his contract is up so he has plenty of time to prove if he deserves an extension or not.

If he has no issues for the rest of this season and next he'll get his big money extension like he normally would.

If he has an issue or two along the way he might have to go through all 5 years before he gets an extension

And if he goes completely off the rails he'll likely be out of the league.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LaMichael James for Ronnie Hillman OR Lestar Jean seems feasible...