• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Baalke doing some scouting on the trip; Never talked with Aso?

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baalke hits the road

@MaioccoCSN
Matt Maiocco Eagles CB Nnamdi Asomugha said he did not have any direct talks with the 49ers during free agency

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see that he's scouting and not kicking back in LA while everyone else does the work.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Baalke hits the road

@MaioccoCSN
Matt Maiocco Eagles CB Nnamdi Asomugha said he did not have any direct talks with the 49ers during free agency
Brunner's Kicking Off 2011 (article)
Before last weekend, I was up in Boston watching Boston College***8217;s home opener against Northwestern. Then I came home mid-week so I could catch two schools locally. I was supposed to see Fordham play UConn on Sept. 4, but we***8217;ve had really bad weather ***8211; a hurricane came through and there was a ton of flooding in the Northeast. So the Fordham game got switched to a Saturday. I had to call an audible that night and I went to see Holy Cross play UMass. That was fun seeing that level of football on the sidelines with a handful of other scouts. It***8217;s always nice to see Division I-AA football. I enjoy it. Granted, I played it when I went to college, but I feel that there***8217;s always hidden talent there.

We must really be liking one of them BC players, probably cornerback Donnie Fletcher.

Last edited by a moderator:

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fletcher gives way too much space to the opposing receiver. I'd like to see him in more press coverage situations.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Baalke hits the road

@MaioccoCSN

That is pretty weird that he didn't even try to get Nnamdi to come across the Bay. That guy would have done wonders for this this team.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
That is pretty weird that he didn't even try to get Nnamdi to come across the Bay. That guy would have done wonders for this this team.

If by "wonders" you mean take up WAY too big a portion of the salary cap then yes he would have.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

If by "wonders" you mean take up WAY too big a portion of the salary cap then yes he would have.

Yeah, I can honestly say I wasn't disappointed when we did not land him.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

How much room do they have under the cap right now? I thought they were $15-20 million under the cap.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nnamdi himself did not have any direct contact with any team other than the Eagles, according to Nnamdi himself in an interview on ESPN a few weeks ago.

The only direct contact I believe he had, or what I would consider as direct contact given what he has said since, was when it became apparent that the Eagles, his top destination on the list he made at the start of FA, showed interest after several other teams made their initial pitches and things started to get serious with them.

It's still possible the stuff with the 49ers did not go down the way it was portrayed by those in the SF media, but I just wanted to point out that the way I interpreted things coming from Nnamdi, and really the only way I could see one interpreting what he said on ESPN, was that he basically put all the initial meetings, calls, etc., into his agent's hands and waited until it was time for him to become more involved.

If anything has come out from Nnamdi since that would suggest something else otherwise, feel free to post it because I'd like to see it for historical accuracy purposes.