• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B1G Thread

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure, but a good team would still be able to get one of those wins, and quite few games the Gophers got ran off court in 2nd half.

They're an inconsistent team and it's year 8 of Pitino.

I've been a Pitino backer for years but after 8 years we still team with poorly built roster, still relying on transfers, and horrendous shooting
The 1989 Gophers did NOT win a single conf road game vs a quality opponent. They DID lose 8 road games, including a loss to the worst team in the Big Ten at that time. So you are saying the 1989 Gopher squad was NOT a "good team"???

That 1989 Gopher squad also LOST to the 2nd highest ranked Big Ten team they played at home. So far, this Gopher's squad has played a tougher conf schedule than that 89 squad, and has beaten MORE quality teams. The 89 team went 3-5 vs Ranked Big Ten teams. They beat #3 Illinois at home and lost to them on the road. They LOST to #8 Indiana at home and on the road. They beat #10 Michigan at home and lost to them on the road. They beat #14 Iowa at home and lost to them on the road. Compare that to this season and this season's resume is at least as good, with home wins vs #3 Michigan, #6 OSU, #15 Iowa and #24 Purdue and road losses vs #3 Michigan, #4 Illinois, #15 Iowa, #21 Wisc and #24 Purdue. Is 4-5 worse than 3-5? SOS favors the 2021 Gophers over the 1989 Gophers, as #3, #3, #4, #6, #15, #15, #21, #24 & #24 is a tougher schedule than #3, #3, #8, #8, #10, #10, #14 & #14. And this year's squad still has another game vs a Top 4 ranked team. 4-6 is pretty comparable to 3-5, IF we lose to the Illini. If we beat the Illini, then this squad would have proven to be superior to the 89 squad, SO FAR.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't exaggerate anything. During the 2019 season you went full 100% homer. It's hilarious you tried to compare Minnesota to Bama though. That right there proves how overly homeristic you really are.

Your attempt to take a shot at Ohio State failed in great fashion. But it was funny. They have nothing to do with you saying Fleck will be around for many, many years. You're only now saying he could stick around because I'm questioning the nonsense you've said in the past. The only program out there right now that can be mentioned with Bama is Clemson. Why you went outta your way to even mention the Buckeyes when they have nothing do to with your Gophers homerism at it's finest.

And I have nothing against Minnesota and certainly didn't compare them to Cincinnati like you did. I root for all BigTen teams not located in ann arbor. I hope Fleck is successful. But I'm not foolish enough to think that with more success bigger programs with more money won't be interested in him. Say a tradition-rich program like N.D. shows interest in him. You really think he'd pass on a job like that to stay in Minnesota?
Dude, you can label it homerism if you want, I don't give a sh1t. Fact is I NEVER said Fleck "would" stay at Minnesota "forever". I said, he COULD. Could and would are not the same, DUH!!! And I doubt I ever said the word "forever", but I will admit I may have said it was a possibility that he could choose to stay at Minnesota for his whole career. WHY???

Because you seem to be a very simple minded person. You think, DUH, if Minnesota gives X amount of dollars to football in 2020, that means it can NEVER spend more, DUH, cuz I'm a simple minded dolt, DUH.

Are there programs with more money(currently), more resources(currently), more accomplishments(recently)??? OF COURSE there are, DUH!!!

But I explained why he won't go rushing off to the first offer he gets from a Bama, Clemson or OSU. EXPECTATIONS!!!!!!!!!

Fleck is NOT a Pro type coach. Could he adapt to the pro game? Maybe? But right now, his Row the Boat thing, works at Minnesota, a COLLEGE program. His Row the Boat sh1t won't work in the NFL. Not only will it not work in the NFL, it won't work at Bama, Clemson or OSU, either. So Fleck's on the field success, which at this point is still limited, will not be looked at apart from his style of running a program. Would Notre Dame, not quite as highly viewed as Bama/Clemson, consider bringing in Fleck and his Row the Boat mentality? I seriously doubt it. Some people at Minnesota still HATE Fleck and think he's full of sh1t or a headcase, and still think he has yet to prove much of anything.

I could go on for a very long time explaining all of the complexities of this to you, but I doubt your simple mind can absorb such complexities, so I'll give up on you.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean i tune the guy out too as MN fan

I wouldn't put on Fleck being at MN forever like next alvarez or kirk ferentz in B1G, but I don't think he'll jump ship at the first SEC job as others seem to always indicate.

Right job, right offer, he'd leave, but I do think he likes it at MN
But what would be that "Right job, right offer"??? Which cfb program with a higher profile than UMn would want the whole Row The Boat thing, along with Fleck's lack of really proving anything yet?

Oh yeah, I forgot, you are saying IF Fleck wins something, THEN he'll fly the coop for the right job, right offer.

But again I ask, what would be that right job, that right offer?

Remember, the HIGHER PROFILE program would be bringing in a guy who proved he could win with a RTB system. Not any system, but just the one he designed, and designed to fit his personality.

So which programs out there, HIGHER PROFILE THAN MINNESOTA, would take in Fleck and his whole RTB system???

Oh wait, maybe they could convince Fleck to drop the whole RTB stuff, right? For the right amount of money? Sure, maybe they could. But why the fukk would they? Fleck would not have proven that he can win without his RTB sh1t. So why would a HIGHER THAN UMN PROFILE program take that risk? Obviously if Fleck can turn Minnesota into a winner, he could demand a very high salary. So why would they take the risk on him?

Then, why would HE leave a good situation to go to a program that would expect only perfection basically???

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you can label it homerism if you want, I don't give a sh1t. Fact is I NEVER said Fleck "would" stay at Minnesota "forever". I said, he COULD. Could and would are not the same, DUH!!! And I doubt I ever said the word "forever", but I will admit I may have said it was a possibility that he could choose to stay at Minnesota for his whole career. WHY???

Because you seem to be a very simple minded person. You think, DUH, if Minnesota gives X amount of dollars to football in 2020, that means it can NEVER spend more, DUH, cuz I'm a simple minded dolt, DUH.

Are there programs with more money(currently), more resources(currently), more accomplishments(recently)??? OF COURSE there are, DUH!!!

But I explained why he won't go rushing off to the first offer he gets from a Bama, Clemson or OSU. EXPECTATIONS!!!!!!!!!

Fleck is NOT a Pro type coach. Could he adapt to the pro game? Maybe? But right now, his Row the Boat thing, works at Minnesota, a COLLEGE program. His Row the Boat sh1t won't work in the NFL. Not only will it not work in the NFL, it won't work at Bama, Clemson or OSU, either. So Fleck's on the field success, which at this point is still limited, will not be looked at apart from his style of running a program. Would Notre Dame, not quite as highly viewed as Bama/Clemson, consider bringing in Fleck and his Row the Boat mentality? I seriously doubt it. Some people at Minnesota still HATE Fleck and think he's full of sh1t or a headcase, and still think he has yet to prove much of anything.

I could go on for a very long time explaining all of the complexities of this to you, but I doubt your simple mind can absorb such complexities, so I'll give up on you.

I hope you didn't spend too much type typing all this bullshit up. I'm not reading it. Just more blah-blah-blah from you trying to defend your over the top homerism. Good luck to your Gophers the rest of the season.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't had many back and forths with that fella. But saying Fleck will stay at Minnesota forever is some top notch homerism.
Well, I never said he'd stay at Minnesota forever. Just said it was a possibility. DUH

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you didn't spend too much type typing all this bullshit up. I'm not reading it. Just more blah-blah-blah from you trying to defend your over the top homerism. Good luck to your Gophers the rest of the season.
Dude, I type at lightning fast speeds, so whatever, LOSER. You gotta make up sh1t in order to make an argument? Wow, weak ass and pathetic

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I never said he'd stay at Minnesota forever. Just said it was a possibility. DUH

No it's not a possibility. That's what you refuse to see. If a big-time program with more money wants Fleck why exactly would he stay at Minnesota?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's possible but it's not a hill I'd die in.

I do think some underrate the MN job as a whole, but that's a different story

I'm familiar with freds work....
What are you saying that I didn't say? Only difference is HOW you say the same things I say. You say them in a very low volume tone, so people don't get fired up to oppose you. lol I simply say things a different way, so they go out of their way to make sh1t up in pathetic efforts to oppose me, lol.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it's not a possibility. That's what you refuse to see. If a big-time program with more money wants Fleck why exactly would he stay at Minnesota?
Simple minded. You advertise your simple mindedness. DUH

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UMn is the only Div 1 program in the state. Minnesota IS a rich state. More Fortune 500 companies per capita in Minnesota than any other state, and it's not even close.

Only state of it's size with a full compliment of pro sports. Those pro sports rob a lot of fans and attention from the Univ of Minnesota, BUT, all of those pro sports continue to fail, year after year. If the Gophers finally pull off a banner year in football, the potential of gaining a ton of bandwagon fans is huge. UMn also has one of the largest alumni populations in America, they are all over the country. Gopher football hasn't given many of them a reason to identify with their alma mater, not for a long time. SO... If they all of a sudden give them a reason, you'd be a fool to think none of them will. UMn produces a lot of rich people. There is the money and the fan base out there, there only needs to be a Football or Basketball coach to come along and pull off the MIRACLE, like Minnesotan Herb Brooks did in 1980. He accomplished THE IMPOSSIBLE. The impossible is possible when Minnesota is concerned!

And then there is the fact that Fleck is VERY UNIQUE. He's not your average coach, that anyone and everyone will want. Most of the higher profile programs you think COULD steal Fleck, simply won't want him.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fleck kind of had a rough year similar to Harbaugh so his stock isn't as scorching atm.
Yes he did. And because of Fleck's unique personality and coaching/managing style, a program like Minnesota will be far more forgiving and accepting of his having a rough year, while other more high profile programs will be harder on Fleck and will give him much less slack to have a bad year. Many out there do not want Fleck's style to succeed. So those people will be more critical of any and all of his supposed failures than they would be of any other coach out there.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But what would be that "Right job, right offer"??? Which cfb program with a higher profile than UMn would want the whole Row The Boat thing, along with Fleck's lack of really proving anything yet?

Oh yeah, I forgot, you are saying IF Fleck wins something, THEN he'll fly the coop for the right job, right offer.

But again I ask, what would be that right job, that right offer?

Remember, the HIGHER PROFILE program would be bringing in a guy who proved he could win with a RTB system. Not any system, but just the one he designed, and designed to fit his personality.

So which programs out there, HIGHER PROFILE THAN MINNESOTA, would take in Fleck and his whole RTB system???

Oh wait, maybe they could convince Fleck to drop the whole RTB stuff, right? For the right amount of money? Sure, maybe they could. But why the fukk would they? Fleck would not have proven that he can win without his RTB sh1t. So why would a HIGHER THAN UMN PROFILE program take that risk? Obviously if Fleck can turn Minnesota into a winner, he could demand a very high salary. So why would they take the risk on him?

Then, why would HE leave a good situation to go to a program that would expect only perfection basically???

What the hell is the row the boat system lol

It's just a mantra

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, what exactly is the "row the boat" coaching philosophy or method?
I'm hoping another Gopher fan answers that question. One thing I can say about it, is from a recruiting standpoint, Fleck's system depends more on a individual recruits CHARACTER and their desire to join a team, where the focus is less on them and more on the team than it might be at other schools. Another thing Fleck's system looks for in recruits that almost no other school looks for, is a religious aspect. I'm not sure exactly what this aspect entails, but it has to narrow the # of recruits who would be open to playing for Fleck. I'd say maybe Notre Dame would be cool with this aspect, cept all I've heard about ND makes me believe the ND Admin probably could care less if their fb recruits are religious or not.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that game could've gone both ways. Yes, scUM is a very good. Both teams are. Play 10 times, record ends up 5-5..........

how's the football team doing?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that game could've gone both ways. Yes, scUM is a very good. Both teams are. Play 10 times, record ends up 5-5..........

They hung tight even though Michigan made everything that first half. Impressive as a loss can be

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That dumbass behind the back pass by Sueing was an awful decision. At the time Buckeyes only down three. That stupid pass turned into a lay-up & one. Down 6 just like that. Come up empty next possession and then down by 8. I give Ohio State credit for playing until the very end. But Sueing's play was a crusher.

And you asked about meeeechegan football?

giphy (1).gif

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course your bitch ass talks about football. But we are the better basketball program. Just like in politics, your soft ass is trying to bring up irrelevant topics. Typical bitch.