• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: AZ @ CU

nogicat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TJ 16 assists and 0 turnovers on the Mountain road trip.

Very, very, well done.

TJ's play correlates as much to our offensive performance as anything.
If he plays well and we play good defense we are tough to beat.
Need to keep attacking offensively and then kicking out for threes like tonight.
Starting york should be the norm now, that seems to work much better for us.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TJ's play correlates as much to our offensive performance as anything.
If he plays well and we play good defense we are tough to beat.
Need to keep attacking offensively and then kicking out for threes like tonight.
Starting york should be the norm now, that seems to work much better for us.

Completely agree. When we can hit from three, it just opens the world up for TJ and our ability to pass (in general) as we wish. So great to see AG and Pitts hit from 3.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely agree. When we can hit from three, it just opens the world up for TJ and our ability to pass (in general) as we wish. So great to see AG and Pitts hit from 3.

Much agreed CTP. The difference tonight was good shooting (finally), good defense leading to offense, and penetration by TJ leading to assists. AG did a great job of slashing into the lanes and having TJ find him as the defense focused on TJ. Great overall performance by our team. Colorado is no push over, especially at home.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so pleased right now. Another much needed road win against an RPI top 25 team. That's big heading into March (for us as a team, and for the hopes of a #1 seed).

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, first win in boulder since 1973? That's pretty crazy. Anyways, 2 game lead with 4 to go! It's ours to lose at this point. When was the last time we won the pac 10/12 out right? Feels like a while.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks man you guys got screwed

thanks jonvi. Sick game for you, that was a great effort in Cameron, especially with Ennis and Conney struggling so badly. Tell me ennis goes 1-11 and cooney (don't even know his stats, but i know they were bad) and I would have said you lost by 20. I agree with you that it was, all in all, a very promising performance

Thanks man, we needed tonight to remind ourselves what happens when we play AZ basketball. Tough loss, but you're still in the driver's seat. Even if you lose @ VA, you'll still probably have a #1 seed.

And I appreciate the good word as well. It will depend on the MD and VA game to determine if SU hangs onto the one seed. Last year SU was a four seed. It doesn't matter if you're a one playing a four or a four playing a one seed. It's still the same two teams playing in the S16.

It seems your guys are getting used to playing down a couple of players. It's going to pay off come tourney time.

And the others. Fuckem. Let the haters hate.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, New Mexico taking it to SDSU haha. Oh the mountain west.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, first win in boulder since 1973? That's pretty crazy. Anyways, 2 game lead with 4 to go! It's ours to lose at this point. When was the last time we won the pac 10/12 out right? Feels like a while.

2011, right?

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet Xavier Johnson sounds like a complete idiot right now.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, sure. This is the "first win in Boulder since 1973"... out of three games.

It pisses me off when journalists use this weak form of sensationalized reporting. "First win in Boulder since 1973" makes it sound like it was a momentous victory with the Cats finally finding a way to get past the powerful Buffaloes in their building, something that they have been unable to do in 40 years.

Reality is, Arizona won a game in Boulder in 1973, and then did not play there again until 2011. Reality is, Arizona is 2-2 in Boulder since 1973, but that doesn't sound as provocative as this tripe.

That same AP reporter also wrote "the Wildcats began to pull away when Kaleb Tarczewski's 3-pointer made it 40-33".... ummm, not only did Kaleb not make a 3-pointer last night, he has never even attempted a three pointer in his 53 games as a college player.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, sure. This is the "first win in Boulder since 1973"... out of three games.

It pisses me off when journalists use this weak form of sensationalized reporting. "First win in Boulder since 1973" makes it sound like it was a momentous victory with the Cats finally finding a way to get past the powerful Buffaloes in their building, something that they have been unable to do in 40 years.

Reality is, Arizona won a game in Boulder in 1973, and then did not play there again until 2011. Reality is, Arizona is 2-2 in Boulder since 1973, but that doesn't sound as provocative as this tripe.

That same AP reporter also wrote "the Wildcats began to pull away when Kaleb Tarczewski's 3-pointer made it 40-33".... ummm, not only did Kaleb not make a 3-pointer last night, he has never even attempted a three pointer in his 53 games as a college player.

I noticed that bit about AZ winning for the first time since 1973. I was watching the game with a buddy, and he said "Really you guys (he's a KU fan) haven't won at CU since 1973?"

I basically told him the same thing. I said, "Look, I don't know how many time (total) that we have played their since then, but I can guarantee you that we haven't just gone to Boulder a bunch of times and lost, in the last 40 years. I'm sure it's a case that we played in 1973, and then a game or two (if any), until they joined the conference in 2011."

And sure enough, that's the case. And ESPN's just milking this shit for all it's worth. The first line of the recap says it, and the headline on their CBB page says the same thing. Give me a fucking break. Not to sound egotistical, but AZ doesn't go the last 40 year without winning anywhere we've played with any consistency. Period.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dammit! Espn got me....lol ya I fell for the headline without thinking about it.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the best video I can find of Gordon's alleyoop and I can't even find one of his break away dunk.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFfrg1uHq-0]Aaron Gordon alley oop slam against colorado - YouTube[/ame]

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
840451710.gif

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed that bit about AZ winning for the first time since 1973. I was watching the game with a buddy, and he said "Really you guys (he's a KU fan) haven't won at CU since 1973?"

I basically told him the same thing. I said, "Look, I don't know how many time (total) that we have played their since then, but I can guarantee you that we haven't just gone to Boulder a bunch of times and lost, in the last 40 years. I'm sure it's a case that we played in 1973, and then a game or two (if any), until they joined the conference in 2011."

And sure enough, that's the case. And ESPN's just milking this shit for all it's worth. The first line of the recap says it, and the headline on their CBB page says the same thing. Give me a fucking break. Not to sound egotistical, but AZ doesn't go the last 40 year without winning anywhere we've played with any consistency. Period.

In other news... Syracuse lost a game against Duke in Cameron Indoor Stadium for the first time in 100+ years.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news... Syracuse lost a game against Duke in Cameron Indoor Stadium for the first time in 100+ years.

Hahahaha, it was a good run though!!!!