• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Avengers 3: Infinity War (2018)

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't read the whole thread, but anyone else notice the

RED WEDDING

parallels?

Hey Marvel audiences, you've just been GRRM'ed.

Main difference is the GOT characters stayed dead, we know most of these people won’t.

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason for the confusion is the camera angles used and the lighting. The camera starts out behind Thanos, but the Gauntlet, as you can see in the screenshot I posted, can be somewhat harder to see for two reasons: it is at the far left of the screen, and it is in the shadows, which is a problem that gets exacerbated in some theaters depending on the film projection technology used because many projectors get even darker toward screen edges.

Then, as Thanos starts to sit down, the camera spirals around his RIGHT arm (the arm WITHOUT the Gauntlet), meaning that his torso is blocking the LEFT arm (WITH the Gauntlet), which is why you guys saw an empty arm.

Finally, the camera, as it finishes its rotation to a frontal view, stays at the same former standing vertical height as Thanos sits, so now you can only see his head and shoulders, not his hands. At that point, his shoulders are bare of his armor, which might have given the wrong impression that he doesn't have anything further below on his arms.

True.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, did you notice the prototype that Tyrion Lannister the Dwarf had on display when Thor and Rabbit Raccoon * that shit made me laugh * arrived to forge stormbreaker? Maybe they forge their own Gauntlet Glove?
Quill is the only one who can handle a stone (and Vision, I guess), and, well...

Last edited:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So with a new season of Luke Cage coming out in the next month or so, how can they not have the entire show dealing with the events of this movie?

And same with SHIELD. They dropped a quick “have you seen the news? What is happening in New York?”, so maybe the rest of the season takes place between New York and Wakanda?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Main difference is the GOT characters stayed dead, we know most of these people won’t.

Sure. I guess it depends on how much 'punch' Marvel wants it to have. That's why I'm most often disappointed with time travel storylines, they take the easy way out.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quill is the only one who can handle a stone (and Vision, I guess), and, well...
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 spoilers
I thought that power was gone because of the gang killing Ego. Quill is just a normal Joe now. Or can he do it with a lot of help because he is a Demi-God?

Edit- Nevermind. I need coffee. Quill should be able to use a Stone. Maybe.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate how much of a tool they made Star Lord. Every time they need something stupid to happen its because 'Love' and you see that cliche plot device multiple times in a movie and it turns to crap.

The actual fight with the Aliens on Wakanda where Proxima Midnight, Big dude and Sneaky dude attacked with the alien swarm was dumb as hell. They had a bottleneck and ranged weapons. They dont need to Braveheart in there like idiots. They could just sat in a defensive position and wiped out all of the enemies at the entry point.

But seriously....Star Lord knocking off Mantis is epically stupid. Actually making it like the comics held the movie back. We didn't need another movie. They could've wrapped it up. The fight with Iron Man, Dr Strange, Thanos, Star Lord, Mantis and Drax was fantastic. There won't be a better way to end it. Nebula? GTFO. Captain Marvel? I get that Superwoman has lots of fans and is too big to leave out but there isnt a way thats going to be better. Adam Warlock could be cool.

I get why the critics are pretty split on this. I'm fairly geeky and I'm split on it.
See, I'm actually one that is split on IW too. But, I thought the Quill thing was poetic because Tony was the guy trying to make him focus on the bigger picture when he wasn't able to do the same recently.

The entire reason the group is splintered is because of his inability to see the bigger picture. He totally let his emotions get the best of him in Civil War and was willing to do anything, probably including killing Steve, to get revenge on Bucky.

Don't get me wrong. Seeing Dude kill my Mom would give me tunnel vision too. But, if anyone can understand what Peter was feeling , it would be Tony. Plus, this could be the thing that helps Tony better understand what Steve was feeling and bridge that gap.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhh thanks

So them being whiped out is reffered to as the Snap? I don’t read comics so I’ve never heard of Warlock and while I know Silver Surfer didn’t know he had a group of his own.
You See Adam teased during the End Credits scene in Guardians 2

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, I'm actually one that is split on IW too. But, I thought the Quill thing was poetic because Tony was the guy trying to make him focus on the bigger picture when he wasn't able to do the same recently.

The entire reason the group is splintered is because of his inability to see the bigger picture. He totally let his emotions get the best of him in Civil War and was willing to do anything, probably including killing Steve, to get revenge on Bucky.

Don't get me wrong. Seeing Dude kill my Mom would give me tunnel vision too. But, if anyone can understand what Peter was feeling , it would be Tony. Plus, this could be the thing that helps Tony better understand what Steve was feeling and bridge that gap.
The movie used Love in a very weird way overall. It was the focal point of the Scarlet Witch and Vision and caused them to make mistakes. Being loved was the defining characteristic of Gamora and Pepper. Then they totally ignored the Hulk/Black Widow love thing.

This felt like Marvel's Kill Bill Vol 1. It was flashy but I need to see the second half of the movie to know if its actually any good.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The movie used Love in a very weird way overall. It was the focal point of the Scarlet Witch and Vision and caused them to make mistakes. Being loved was the defining characteristic of Gamora and Pepper. Then they totally ignored the Hulk/Black Widow love thing.

This felt like Marvel's Kill Bill Vol 1. It was flashy but I need to see the second half of the movie to know if its actually any good.
Well done with the Kill Bill comparison.

That is exactly what this feels like.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This movie kinda sucked. It was too predictable for me. I saw Black Panther and thought the same thing.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'm going to upgrade the movie from a C+ to a B after thinking about it.

I think I'm just personally averse to cliffhangers in movies. Its something I like seeing more in TV shows.

The scene where Iron Man and Dr Strange leave Strange's building into the city streets to fight the unknown threat that eventually reveals itself to be Ebony Maw and the big guy is a really well done scene. The Thanos fight was also well done until the Star Lord thing. It was also genuinely fun to see banter between some of the characters that never previously met. I don't think Thanos is in the top tier of movie villains. His motivation still seems pretty cookie cutter but I do think the Infinity Stones are in the top tier of movie villain weapons
I watched it again yesterday.

I'm bumping it up to 8.5.

The banter was great and the movie was actually very funny.

I think my petulance about some of the things that happened early in the movie stopped me from enjoying the things that came after.

Knowing the outcome made it easier to relax and take it all in.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think my petulance about some of the things that happened early in the movie stopped me from enjoying the things that came after.

I don’t often see movies multiple times in the theater, but I might have to take this one in again. There was a LOT going on...

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t often see movies multiple times in the theater, but I might have to take this one in again. There was a LOT going on...
Yeah, I think I was so caught up in the moment that I missed things the first time around.

My husband and youngest daughter have very little interest in the comics.

But, they enjoy the movies.

I am a huge Marvel fangirl and read all the comics growing up.

So, I saw it once at the walk in theater by myself and once at the drive in with the family.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I liked a lot about the movie for mamy of the same reasons.

But the ending completely sucked... unlike the already mentioned GOT, Westworld, Rogue One etc etc.
There the deaths still had some meaning and purpose to the story and some point other then...haha we tricked you. Surprise.

Too bad. it was really good up to the end