• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Austin Fired

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was there even a choice?

Haslett taking over for the rest of the year. Can't get worse. It really can't.

49 years the Bengals went and never fired a Coordinator in season. Now done it 2 years in a row. Damn.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OH shit...Haslett is not getting the interim gig...

MARVIN TO CALL THE DEFENSE?!

OH, the rest of the year just got so much better...hahahaha

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to be awesome! Marvin has said over 100 times that he can't be HC and playcaller. He doesn't believe in it.

Well, apparently someone is desperate!!

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to be awesome! Marvin has said over 100 times that he can't be HC and playcaller. He doesn't believe in it.

Well, apparently someone is desperate!!
Maybe Brown told him he had to call the plays because he wasn't going to give a raise to someone else to take over the position this year....That would be so Bengals.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Brown told him he had to call the plays because he wasn't going to give a raise to someone else to take over the position this year....That would be so Bengals.

That's actually a good theory.

I'm thinking that Marvin knows that it can't get worse. The two best offensive teams on our schedule are in the rearview mirror. He has several injured guys ready to return. And there are a few mediocre offenses coming up. It will be easy for him to spin a below average performance as a major improvement.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I'll tell you what.... If Mikey told Marvin to call the plays himself, I have to congratulate him. We hired Marvin because he was the best DC in the game. That fact that he has only called one half of a game of plays in his whole tenure here (given some really ugly defense) is absurd.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJxAs64.png

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I'll tell you what.... If Mikey told Marvin to call the plays himself, I have to congratulate him. We hired Marvin because he was the best DC in the game. That fact that he has only called one half of a game of plays in his whole tenure here (given some really ugly defense) is absurd.
Agreed. And to his defense (a little) he did have Zimmer and Pauly G who did not so bad jobs. Zimmer was awesome, of course. Paul G wasn't terrible.

But, it was clear after the first 4 games that Austin's scheme was not a match in any way, shape, or form for these defense.

This defense needs to get back into attack mode, and forget about turnovers. They will happen when you force the other team to rush and make mistakes. This defense was way to reactive, and nowhere near proactive enough. Can't tell you how many defenders have been dragged 5-6-7 yards, or just simply whiffed on tackles because they are too busy with trying to strip the ball.

They need to put on some tape of UC's defense. Talk about a team that just flies to the ball and lays the wood...and this is a defense that is comprised mostly of underclassmen outside of their two big Sr DL....

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. And to his defense (a little) he did have Zimmer and Pauly G who did not so bad jobs. Zimmer was awesome, of course. Paul G wasn't terrible.

But, it was clear after the first 4 games that Austin's scheme was not a match in any way, shape, or form for these defense.

This defense needs to get back into attack mode, and forget about turnovers. They will happen when you force the other team to rush and make mistakes. This defense was way to reactive, and nowhere near proactive enough. Can't tell you how many defenders have been dragged 5-6-7 yards, or just simply whiffed on tackles because they are too busy with trying to strip the ball.

They need to put on some tape of UC's defense. Talk about a team that just flies to the ball and lays the wood...and this is a defense that is comprised mostly of underclassmen outside of their two big Sr DL....

Yeah....I think we'll see a lot of 'less is more' under Marvin. Probably more man-to-man, I suspect a safety will be back in support and maybe some Double A gap type of blitzes like we had when Zimmer was here. I'm fairly sure Marvin is just going to shred Austin's playbook and go back to the old D. There are really only two guys in the lineup that don't know the old stuff - Bates and Preston Brown. Brown has played a ton of football and Bates seems to be a fast learner. We'll see.