• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Auden Tate Cut

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To make room for Russell since we only had 4 DB's available for the KC game. We are dead meat Sunday night.

Really disappointed we lost Tate. I was liking Tate more than Core, he just was not as versatile to play ST. He was a pass catching giant in the endzone. Oh well, we are on to the Chiefs I guess.

*sigh*

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But of course. And we keep that bum Cody Core.

Now a other team can scoop him up so he can breakout and eventually beat us.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to have seen packages with him at the Goal Line, especially with Eifert out for the season.

But, if this season hinges on Tate being productive....well...we're screwed. So, while it sucks the Bengals may lose him (could sign to PS), it isn't really world shattering.

He may just end up being the next DeDe Dorsey

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
STOP BRINGING UP DORSEY'S NAME! Still gets my crawl once in a while.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crisis averted...

Tate signed to the practice squad.

someone order the rings!

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crisis averted...

Tate signed to the practice squad.

someone order the rings!

Newsflash -- He's not a great prospect.

If he was a great prospect, he would have been drafted higher.

If he impressed in preseason, he would have been picked up the minute we let him go.

He's an ordinary guy.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newsflash -- He's not a great prospect.

If he was a great prospect, he would have been drafted higher.

If he impressed in preseason, he would have been picked up the minute we let him go.

He's an ordinary guy.

So was TJ Houshmanzadeh when he was picked in the 7th round. Guys grow, they develop, they sometimes exceed expectations. I like his ball skills when the ball is in the air, and you can't teach height. I just want to see him stick around a few years even if on practice squad to see if he can develop. If not, no big deal.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which week is Auden Tate bobblehead night?

Wanna make sure I get tickets.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He must either not be good or our coaches really suck.... Because outside of AJ Green (and sometimes Boyd) we don't have shit for Dalton. We played KC with one receiver last night.

Last edited:

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He must either not be good or our coaches really suck.... Because outside of AJ Green (and sometimes Boyd) we don't have shit for Dalton. We played KC with one receiver last night.
Well, one mistake was thinking Eifert was going to be healthy. They really should have had a better backup plan. CJ has played well in his place, but it's not as integral to the offense as a threat, as I don't think he's deployed that way. Kroft did a great job last year, of course he broke his foot.

But, does it surprise anyone that a player who doesn't get a sniff could actually do something? We've seen it time and again across the OL. Maybe Tate isn't a world beater WR, but at least in the Red-Zone you could use him in special packages. His height alone makes it a real match-up problem. I mean, I'd take that over whatever it is we get from Core in terms of being active on game-day.

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Definitely the latter. This the same coaching staff that thinks Hart and Redmond are better than Westerman.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely the latter. This the same coaching staff that thinks Hart and Redmond are better than Westerman.

And you know what...maybe they are better, but no one knows.

He can't get any actual game experience to show one way, or they other. We know that the RG and RT are sub-par, and they're telling us that they can't put him out there for a few series to just see??

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you know what...maybe they are better, but no one knows.

He can't get any actual game experience to show one way, or they other. We know that the RG and RT are sub-par, and they're telling us that they can't put him out there for a few series to just see??

I don't even have the energy to even think about it lol. This team is just sad.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, how many guys that weren't given a chance went out to do anything when they were paroled? I mean, Burkhead was one of the more obvious guys recently but he really hasn't done much for NE. Dan Skuta was a guy that you could make that argument about.... I can't think of a bunch of guys that we buried on the bench that were actually, objectively good.