• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Atlanta won't come back from this.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
falcons are very good. Injuries remain a large part of pro football but I wouldn't drop a dime betting against atl being in the tournament next year

shame ass wipes need attention on a football chat board

You are a miserable human being. I look at these threads and you fight with everyone. How is my opinion of Atlanta suffering a devastating loss get spun into me being an ass wipe seeking attention. Jeez man. I just feel sorry for you.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was saying the same thing... realistically you can't kneel there with so much time... BUT every play should a been a running play, just pound it and kick it...

I agree, you don't kneel it but it's an expression. Hypothetically that's all they had to do to bag a SB title.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
incredible. just an incredible turn of events. i hope this doesn't turn out to be one of those "curse" moments for the falcons' franchise, going forward.
The Madden injury curse (Gronk) and the season MVP SB Loser alive and well.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Madden injury curse (Gronk) and the season MVP SB Loser alive and well.

watch the falcons go no better than 5-11 for the next 20 years lol:dhd:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won't. That is going to crush these guys. And they lose their OC to boot. At least that defense looks like it's on the right track.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some Seahawks have admitted they still think about two years ago. I gotta think this situation is worse. You can say the right things and have a talented team. However you cannot underestimate the damage this will do emotionally. Not saying they will be mediocre but it will show up at random times over the next few years. This is something they will never get back

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta will be back. They have the QB. They just need to build around him.

Then again, look at the Colts. Wasting Andrew Luck's best years.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Count me among those who think they don't recover, at least not for a year or two. That's an all-time choke job, right up there with the Bills coming back against the Oilers, but on the biggest stage.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
incredible. just an incredible turn of events. i hope this doesn't turn out to be one of those "curse" moments for the falcons' franchise, going forward.

I don't think it will be. I mean they don't lose anyone going into next season and they will be super pissed off about losing how they did this year... They will be back

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see the Atlanta Hawks next year. Probably in front of your team.....

Not exactly a risky prediction. Nets are currently the worst team in the NBA lol, and don't even own their 1st round pick.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't making the playoffs next year.

Hey Coach. Julio makes the catch of the year at the 22. Kneel on it 3 times, kick a FG and win a SB.

Completely disagree. They play in a shit division and the NFC isn't so strong either.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was saying the same thing... realistically you can't kneel there with so much time... BUT every play should a been a running play, just pound it and kick it...
Weird. Second down was the head-scratcher IMO. Certainly both first and second down you run it. You are in FG range and the clock and the lead are your best friends and you want to go up 2 scores. 3rd down I could see a pass depending on what happened on first and second down, but would just likely run it again and taking your 3 points if my call. It's not like the game is over if you run into the line 3 times and kick a FG of course, but if you can run it and get a first down and then a FG you are almost definitely going to win. And none of that is too much to ask for. What's a FG from there for these guys today with no wind/weather to speak of, almost 90%.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Panthers fan, I wish that was the case. But they're loaded. Their WR corps is sick, Devonta Freeman in the backfield, a young D that's only going to get better. I think they're the favorites to win the NFC next year.

I think the Falcons will be fine long term, but it wouldn't shock me it they don't make the playoffs next year. Changing OCs I think will make the OFC less effective...just looking at the CIN model makes me think that.

Agree they have a lot to build on a young DEF. Getting their CB1, Trufant back healthy resigned, adding a DT, and edge rusher are the main things they need to resolve. OFC...although Matthews picked a bad week to have a rough game, I think both OTs are okay...OGs are questionable.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird. Second down was the head-scratcher IMO. Certainly both first and second down you run it. You are in FG range and the clock and the lead are your best friends and you want to go up 2 scores. 3rd down I could see a pass depending on what happened on first and second down, but would just likely run it again and taking your 3 points if my call. It's not like the game is over if you run into the line 3 times and kick a FG of course, but if you can run it and get a first down and then a FG you are almost definitely going to win. And none of that is too much to ask for. What's a FG from there for these guys today with no wind/weather to speak of, almost 90%.

I would've run it 3 times and left 3:10, 3:12 or so on the clock. Right, even with a make, the game is not over by any means. Even if they score, they most likely have to onside kick you recover and can pretty much salt it away.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would've run it 3 times and left 3:10, 3:12 or so on the clock. Right, even with a make, the game is not over by any means. Even if they score, they most likely have to onside kick you recover and can pretty much salt it away.
Didn't they have more TOs? I don't think they take it down that far without getting a first down, but you make them use their TOs and go up two scores.