• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Atlanta Falcons @ Los Angeles Rams, 12/11/16, 4:30PM EST; FOX

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is even more remarkable is that we will hear absolutely nothing from the limp biscuit about all of this. This entire organization from top to bottom should be canned. It won't happen because the limp biscuit isn't going to do a thing. Maybe goober Jerry Jones should mention something to him the next time they meet.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to reload on defense and get deeper if they truly want to compete in these low scoring games. The offense is years away at this point.
I wouldn't be opposed to that as long as we can get some draft pick compensation back. As far as I'm concerned, I wouldn't be opposed to trading anyone of value for picks and starting over with a completely different regime. I can handle a well coached, inexperienced team that loses over a coach that does the same dumb shit every year and expects different results.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ATL-LA GRADES: MATT RYAN LEADS FALCONS OFFENSE TO WIN
The highest-graded players and top takeaways from Atlanta’s win over Los Angeles.

BRYSON VESNAVER | 15 MINS AGO
GettyImages-612055812-300x282.jpg

Atlanta Falcons 42, Los Angeles Rams 14

Here are the top-graded players and biggest storylines from Atlanta’s 42-14 win over Los Angeles.

Quarterback grade: Matt Ryan, 79.8

Solid game from Ryan leads Falcons offense to win

While Ryan didn’t need to do much, he was very effective and made the throws when he had to. He didn’t throw deep often, but he was successful when he did. On passes more than 20 yards downfield, Ryan completed all three that he attempted for 92 yards and two touchdowns. He was equally impressive both against the blitz and when the Rams sat back in coverage, posting an equal 126.6 QB rating in both situations.

Top offensive grades:

G Andy Levitre, 83.9
QB Matt Ryan, 79.8
HB Tevin Coleman, 75.1
C Alex Mack, 74.8
WR Aldrick Robinson, 72.7

Run game relatively ineffective despite big time win

The Falcons were blessed with good field position off of turnovers and big play offense, but they were rarely able to establish any big drives. A lot of this was due to their run game struggles. As a unit, they gained just 66 yards on the ground. Only 14 of those yards came before contact, on 25 carries. The offensive line didn’t help much, with Levitre being the only lineman to post a run block grade above 75.0 (he was 84.5). Coleman made the most of his opportunities, forcing two missed tackles and gaining 30 yards after contact on eight carries.

Top defensive grades:

LB Deion Jones, 90.9
ED Vic Beasley, 87.9
S Ricardo Allen, 81.8
S Keanu Neal, 81.0
ED Courney Upshaw, 77.7

Monster game from Vic Beasley sets the tone for Falcons defense

This was yet another strong game rushing the passer for edge defender Vic Beasley, who had his fourth multi-sack game of the season. He finished with three sacks and added three quarterback hurries when rushing the passer, good for an 88.7 pass rush grade. One of those sacks was an incredibly impressive strip sack fumble that he returned for a touchdown. Linebacker Deion Jones chipped in with an extremely impressive 95.4 coverage grade, in part thanks to a pass breakup and an interception.

Quarterback grade: Jared Goff, 42.2

Small positives outweighed by bad decisions and poor throws from Goff in loss

Goff occasionally made some nice throws that highlighted why the Rams traded up to draft him, but there were far too many errors still. He made some poor coverage reads that led to interceptions. He had some throws that he missed on. He really struggled when the Falcons sat back in coverage, completing just 19-of-34 passes for 166 yards and two interceptions when he wasn’t blitzed. It should be noted that once again Goff got little help from his receivers, who dropped five passes.

Top offensive grades:

T Greg Robinson, 79.0
C Tim Barnes, 76.1
G Andrew Donnal, 75.0
T Rob Havenstein, 73.9
G Rodger Saffold, 72.9

Offensive line being top five-graded players shows the struggles of Rams skill players

While the offensive line didn’t grade anything more than slightly above average, this just goes to show what kind of a day it was for this offense. They allowed pressure on 25 percent of Goff’s dropbacks and had some solid run blocking grades. But WR Tavon Austin (71.1) was the highest-graded skill position player, and even he had two dropped passes. RB Todd Gurley (70.2) gained just 60 yards on 16 carries. He gained just 31 of those yards after contact and managed to force only one missed tackle.

Top defensive grades:

CB Trumaine Johnson, 86.6
ED Eugene Sims, 77.9
S Maurice Alexander, 75.6
DI Michael Brockers, 74.6
DI Aaron Donald, 69.8

Rams usually-dominant front seven fails to make much of an impact

The Rams have found themselves in close games at times this year largely due to the play of a very strong front seven. But against the Falcons they had a very hard time establishing any kind of dominance up front. Star Aaron Donald was effective rushing the passer, with a sack, a hit and two hurries, but had a run defense grade of just 42.6. Overall the Rams had just seven plays in which they got pressure on Falcons’ QB Matt Ryan, in 31 dropbacks (22.5 percent)

PFF Game-Ball Winner: Deion Jones, LB, Falcons

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again Coug, this is why PFF means Jack Shit! oline graded slightly above average, really ?Atlantas defense isn't that good, if you actually watched game, our oline played like SHIT ONCE Again there was NOTHING above average about that performance!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again Coug, this is why PFF means Jack Shit! oline graded slightly above average, really ?Atlantas defense isn't that good, if you actually watched game, our oline played like SHIT ONCE Again there was NOTHING above average about that performance!

Looks right on to me? Goff actually struggled when they didn't blitz and dropped into coverage like the chart says. Robinson has played pretty decent the last two games after his benching by Fisher. He still has the dumb penalties though. No the Falcons D isn't that good which makes our offense look real bad.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a mess.

My only question left is.. Are there more clowns or retards in this organization.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might get the limp biscuit's attention but that is about all that will happen. He is too much of whack job, silent pussy to do ANYTHING worth mentioning.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,291.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the big question of the day...Who will Fisher blame this loss on? Last week it was Mason and Bailey, who this week? I personally think he'll blame the ghost of Lawrence Phillips :L
Think he blamed 1 of them on Dickerson.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hometown LA fans are beginning to turn up the heat on ole Jeffy boy! :mad2:

I didn't watch the game but I heard the Boo birds were out early! A couple more of these home town blowouts will just dig his grave a little deeper! Stan has got to be watching the pathetic display of football. Question is, will he do something about it?

I want to hear what V-Mike has to say about this!

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11 penalties for 105 yards?? :L
3rd down efficiency 6-14?? :L
Jarod Goff 24/41 with 2 picks?? :L
5 turnovers 2 picks, 3 fumbles?? :L
14 points off turn overs?? :L

I'm glad I that I didn't watch the freakin game!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hometown LA fans are beginning to turn up the heat on ole Jeffy boy! :mad2:

I didn't watch the game but I heard the Boo birds were out early! A couple more of these home town blowouts will just dig his grave a little deeper! Stan has got to be watching the pathetic display of football. Question is, will he do something about it?

I want to hear what V-Mike has to say about this!

Los Angeles Rams Already Can't Fill Their Stadium

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I laughed at the comment that said that it must be a baseball town to explain the awful attendance.
But anyone that pays attention to sports knew that this would be coming if they didn't perform great immediately. If San Diego comes in next year and does well, that definitely won't help matters either.

Yeah I laughed too. I knew fans would stop coming but I thought it would take a couple years. Just sad.

How in the world can the NFL justify bringing another team to LA after this?