• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AT&T Nelson

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have mowers... they just like deep rough. Its fucking brutal sometimes. They really punish errant tee shots.

Sounds like a glutton for punishment...geeze!

You mentioned hilly. There is one course not far from the office that is insanely difficult. Heritage...well, it's not that kind of punishing rough you have to deal with...it's tough to play out of it, but you'll find the ball. It's a real grind tee to green for 18 holes, and once you get on the green you're grinding to 2 putt. Even the shortish par 3s were hard holes.

This is back when I was in sales, and playing a lot of golf. I was entertaining some Korean buyers interested in some land/commercial property I had listed.

They wanted to play golf while they were here (great!) and needed to play close to ATL (the ATL city courses are decent at best, no way I was taking them to one of those...Heritage is nice and it's close to ATL...all of them said they were high 70s, low 80s...okay, Heritage it is then, I suggested the white tees, this a challenging course, blah, blah, blah. They wanted to play the blue, that's what they always play...okay blue tees.

Not one broke 90...I was like a 8 index back then and I think I finished with a high 80. Oddly Dr J bought the course a few years later. Changed the name, within 3 yrs walked away from it...said he'd been bilked on the clubs value (which he had)...not sure who got it out of hock from the bank, but it's back up and running again as Heritage Golf

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have mowers... they just like deep rough. Its fucking brutal sometimes. They really punish errant tee shots.
Even just ball height bermuda rough is a royal pain in the butt. And it won't sit on top of that stuff.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even just ball height bermuda rough is a royal pain in the butt. And it won't sit on top of that stuff.

Its a different course in the fall when the bermuda thins out and they cut it short.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pros hate Bermuda rough...the USGA rarely plays the USO south of the Mason-Dixon line but that year in Tulsa...they held the rough to 3"...that's respect. That stuff is brutal...I play golf out in Colo often...fescue rough...it can be nasty too, but 3-4" you can still advance the ball somewhat...if you find your ball in 3-4" Bermuda rough...wedge back to the fairway and play on.