• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

At least one guy is convinced Saban to Texas is a done deal

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you don't see him as the media portrays him as, he's your head coach. I don't see Michigan State as a dirty team but the media portrays them that way. Does it make it true, no. I am basing it off the fact that the guy who had done nothing at all as a head coach, dropping the "do you know who I am" card. Yeah he may be different now, but I am going to guess that it is all just window dressing for recruits.

I didnt see him any differently when he wasnt our HC. I tend to not believe the media persona of a person because its usually driven by a machine that wants you to feel that way or fan driven. The fact he is so hated means he hasrjustled alot of jimmies in his day, cant see that being a bad thing.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason it wont go away is the media is short on stories to come up with. They even went so far as to write an unnamed source close to the University said "Alabama's higher-ups haven't felt leveraged by Sexton despite the outside interest Saban has garnered in recent years, according to the source, who qualifies past talks with Sexton as productive and civil. The Texas job was not part of past discussions, according to the source." Just so they could have a story to keep it in the news.

The media is the ones keeping this alive so they have fodder to print. Mack is doing his job and has UT in a possible position to win the Big 12 and get a BCS bowl possibly. Seems like he is doing all he needs to make UT squirm at this point.

Not to mention, Mack and Saban are good friends. You know this has to make Saban feel like total shit with the media stirring this crap up. I can tell you, I'm pretty sure the Sabans bought a house by Lake Travis. Celebrities like Sandra Bullock and Matthew McConaughey have vacation homes on Lake Travis, along with several state politicians and UT alum like Michael Dell, so this doesn't mean Saban is taking the Texas job. I said it before and I'll say it again: READ MY LIPS, NICK SABAN IS NOT COMING TO TEXAS!!!!!!

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention, Mack and Saban are good friends. You know this has to make Saban feel like total shit with the media stirring this crap up. I can tell you, I'm pretty sure the Sabans bought a house by Lake Travis. Celebrities like Sandra Bullock and Matthew McConaughey have vacation homes on Lake Travis, along with several state politicians and UT alum like Michael Dell, so this doesn't mean Saban is taking the Texas job. I said it before and I'll say it again: READ MY LIPS, NICK SABAN IS NOT COMING TO TEXAS!!!!!!
-
Lake Austin to be correct. Lake Travis is down 30 feet still.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

so in Nick Saban speak, we can read that as Nick Saban will be in Texas next year

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, could have something to do with the house they sold for 11 million in Georgia just recently and not having to pay Capital Gains on that money or whatever tax that you end up paying if you sell off a big property like that. They are Real Estate investors. Last year or the year before She bought some property of some king in Louisiana and the corndogs were all up in arms about him coming back to LSU. Who knows why they bought it, if he leaves, then good luck to him.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is what I'm thinking. The Sabans just sold a lake house in Georgia not long ago...not surprising they would buy another lake house. Not convinced why he would leave what he has at Bama for Texas. Bama would pay whatever he wanted to keep him there. :2cents:

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you really did some research on the actual man and all he does for charitable organizations and within the Tuscaloosa Community, you might change your mind about thinking he is not a classy guy. He is not the person you see in the media portrayals for the most part.
Have you ever met him? I would not say that he did not have class and I fully understand the charitable things he does especially Nick's kids (and let's be honest that is Terry he doesn't have time to do much of that work).

The media portrayals are pretty damn close to the real deal he is very cold, rarely smiles (and when he does it looks awkward) and you get the impression you are wasting his time. He struggles socially in situations that he doesn't have absolute control over and the majority of the world is one big annoyance. He is the anti-Bobby Bowden if you will.

Unbelievibly driven, hard nose coach who is one of the best but lets not paint the guy as being warm, fuzzy and personable. Terry is a major asset for him because she work a room and make everyone feel comfortable to the point they forget Nick is really an ass.

This is a guy you absolutely want to coach your football team but he is not a guy you want to hang around and drink beer with.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you ever met him? I would not say that he did not have class and I fully understand the charitable things he does especially Nick's kids (and let's be honest that is Terry he doesn't have time to do much of that work).

The media portrayals are pretty damn close to the real deal he is very cold, rarely smiles (and when he does it looks awkward) and you get the impression you are wasting his time. He struggles socially in situations that he doesn't have absolute control over and the majority of the world is one big annoyance. He is the anti-Bobby Bowden if you will.

Unbelievibly driven, hard nose coach who is one of the best but lets not paint the guy as being warm, fuzzy and personable. Terry is a major asset for him because she work a room and make everyone feel comfortable to the point they forget Nick is really an ass.

This is a guy you absolutely want to coach your football team but he is not a guy you want to hang around and drink beer with.

Did you get the impression i was calling him warm and fuzzy? Yes i have met the man and maybe it has been the situations when I met him that dictated his demeanor, but I dont get (from my impression) that he is all that the media portrays him to be. You say Terry is behind all his efforts in the charity field, but that is simply not true, she may steer him in that direction, but he has to be a willing participant because of his efforts in the Tuscaloosa area and his personal time he spent in the cleanup efforts. He is not all bad and thats how many want to see him. Maybe me identifying with his drive and determination makes me see him in a different light than most. Who know?:noidea:

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe me identifying with his drive and determination makes me see him in a different light than most. Who know?:noidea:
Yes I get that impression you are the Nick Saban of the Hoop. :lol:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I get that impression you are the Nick Saban of the Hoop. :lol:

So based on your past impressions you have given me, i think you called me an asshole:noidea:

It fits:lol::suds:

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AS OF RIGHT NOW to 100%! That's right. I said it! 100%. Things change but AT THIS MOMENT UNLESS THINGS CHANGE I am saying it is a 100% chance Nick Saban is the Head Coach at the University of Texas next season.

Heckuvan insurance policy the guy wrote for himself there, isn't it?

"Hey, things must have changed..."

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong, he's going to LSU next. They bought a house/land right outside Baton Rouge in December 2012.