• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

At Least He Has Faith in His Team

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reporter is a douchebag who can fuck off. Now do I think we make the playoffs? He'll No. But to make fun of a kid for standing up for his team - in a scenario that is plausible - is a BS move.

"IF" Texas wins out - they will go undefeated in conference play and win the Big 12, beating multiple ranked teams along the way. Their 2 losses to ranked teams.

Now no way do I think that happens but if it does I would think they would have a very good chance. What's he supposed to say? That we do t have the talent to win out? Get a fucking clue and then a life asshat reporter.

That's what I thought but if Texas runs the table and wins the BIG 12 does BYU go in ahead of them?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not inconceivable that we could have at least one two loss team

Now the Texas player is probably delusional about Texas specifically finishing 10-2.
But there is nothing delusional about a 2 loss team in general.

I'll laugh my ass if that smarmy reporter has to watch a 2-loss team in the playoffs after questioning someone else's intelligence about a perfectly plausible long shot.

I don't think he is saying a 2 loss can't make it, he is saying a 2 loss Texas can't make it. My take at least.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the thing is, Swoopes kind of in a no win situation here.

If he says, "no, we suck. We have no OL, and I've got two games experience, and our only game-breaker is on the bench suspended because he's an immature jerk who wont grow up. So no, we dont have a chance." , then everyone would be on him for being so negative.

I just think it's a reporter, trolling a young player who is not 'Austin UT media' saavy yet. No big deal.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reporter is a douchebag who can fuck off. Now do I think we make the playoffs? He'll No. But to make fun of a kid for standing up for his team - in a scenario that is plausible - is a BS move.

"IF" Texas wins out - they will go undefeated in conference play and win the Big 12, beating multiple ranked teams along the way. Their 2 losses to ranked teams.

Now no way do I think that happens but if it does I would think they would have a very good chance. What's he supposed to say? That we do t have the talent to win out? Get a fucking clue and then a life asshat reporter.

well, that is what his coach said to start the season.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you insinuate that a young black man is not smart enough to get simple concepts....it is worth rustling jimmies.

screw that obnoxious reporter.

The playoff is fairly simple. A committee picks 4 teams. They battle it out.

It seems condescending and frankly a bit racist to assume that Tyrone Swopes can't understand how it works.

oh put it back in the deck

longhorn718

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I thought but if Texas runs the table and wins the BIG 12 does BYU go in ahead of them?

If BYU runs the table, I would assume that the committee would look at that more favorably, but that's my own bias coming through. Then again, in this topsy turvy universe, Texas would have beaten OU and Baylor, who I expect to stay ranked all season. There are also KSU and Ok St, but I'm not sure if they do the same so not as strong for the argument. I feel this is more about P5 vs mid-majors than just BYU and Texas.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you insinuate that a young black man is not smart enough to get simple concepts....it is worth rustling jimmies.

screw that obnoxious reporter.

The playoff is fairly simple. A committee picks 4 teams. They battle it out.

It seems condescending and frankly a bit racist to assume that Tyrone Swopes can't understand how it works.

It's racist that you find it racist, I didn't even know the kid was black til you brought it up.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The headline suggests he "doesn't understand how the playoffs work....."

That is a direct insult to his intelligence.

If you want to believe he is delusional about his teams chances, that is fine.
But don't write an article suggesting he is too stupid to understand the process.
That crosses the line.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But don't write an article suggesting he is too stupid to understand the process.
That crosses the line.

That may be, but it has nothing to do with race. Sounds like you're looking for a bigger reason to be indignant, but you really don't need one. This reporter was a giant douche for trying to make fun of a kid just standing up for his team. That's reason enough. Trying to make it a race issue....:lame:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That crosses the line.

Wow, that's pretty racist to claim that only blacks are unintelligent. Seriously bro, you need help with that.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas player: "MY 2-loss team will make the playoffs!"
Critics: "He seems delusional."
Texas fans: "Nuh-uh! There WILL be a team with two losses in the playoffs, so he was absolutely correct! Texas wins the internet again!"