• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

At home to play the defending AL Champs Royals

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are ridiculous now. Blown two 5 run leads late in games. But I know what you really meant. My biggest concern with them is control. Most just try and throw hard with no idea where it will end up. That will be the key because they have the stuff. Plus we still need some left-handed options.
I hope 2016 will see a new closer and a couple of lefties.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am all for finding out which of our young relievers we can count on. We can find out this season so that we know what we need for the future. Guys like Mendez, Claudio, and others will struggle at times, but that is fine with me. Let them learn how to pitch in the big leagues this year and give management a chance to learn which of them they can trust going forward.

My initial take on him was, "it was all motion/bizarre delivery" which got him by for a while. Then he stuck around, and actually had more decent outings than not.

But I'm still a firm believer, you gotta have more "ump" on the ball than he has, or be a knuckleballer, to get bye with his lack of velocity.

Mendez looks like he has potential though. But right now he's more of a thrower than pitcher.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if they can still get this game in if they delay the start. Most of the rain today is supposed to be over by 6:00 in Arlington.

11218478_839184686156481_569156167188697434_n.jpg

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My initial take on him was, "it was all motion/bizarre delivery" which got him by for a while. Then he stuck around, and actually had more decent outings than not.

But I'm still a firm believer, you gotta have more "ump" on the ball than he has, or be a knuckleballer, to get bye with his lack of velocity.

Mendez looks like he has potential though. But right now he's more of a thrower than pitcher.

I will reserve judgment on them until they have had all year to show what they have. Most young pitchers will go through ups and downs. Let's see which ones begin having less down periods and more up periods as the season goes on. Every once in awhile you have a guy hit the big leagues and have success right away like Feliz did, but that is rare I think. This year is mainly about evaluation and I think it will take the whole year to get a better evaluation of these guys. Meanwhile the ones who have options we can shuttle back and forth while finding out about them. This time next year there will probably be additional guys to add to these who advance from lower down the ladder. Overall, I am very excited about our bullpen's potential for next year and especially in 2017.

When trade deadline time comes in a few weeks maybe we can add a AA or AAA highly regarded lefty bullpen prospect or two.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Took Darren O'Day a while to figure it out and he has a pretty similar style to Claudio

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took Darren O'Day a while to figure it out and he has a pretty similar style to Claudio

Good example on the positive side for sure. And perhaps I'm selling the kid early.

Honestly, like his attitude.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will reserve judgment on them until they have had all year to show what they have. Most young pitchers will go through ups and downs. Let's see which ones begin having less down periods and more up periods as the season goes on. Every once in awhile you have a guy hit the big leagues and have success right away like Feliz did, but that is rare I think. This year is mainly about evaluation and I think it will take the whole year to get a better evaluation of these guys. Meanwhile the ones who have options we can shuttle back and forth while finding out about them. This time next year there will probably be additional guys to add to these who advance from lower down the ladder. Overall, I am very excited about our bullpen's potential for next year and especially in 2017.

When trade deadline time comes in a few weeks maybe we can add a AA or AAA highly regarded lefty bullpen prospect or two.

Yeah....you and jta are right I think.

I've been preaching "2015 is about 2016" so we might as well go out there on a limb with em and let the strong survive. We've got time, and it's not like we've got great options out there right now.

It's totally different with our OF, as opposed to our BP. In the OF, although they might not be one-and-all great options, they are indeed, options. In the pen, really not so much.

So again, I'm probably punching the clock too early on some of em out behind the wall.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like the latest round of rain is just about done in Arlington.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They anticipate an on-time 1st pitch tonight...

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Nightcrawler,

But the fever's gonna catch you when the MITCH gets back....

The MITCH is back.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Nightcrawler,

But the fever's gonna catch you when the MITCH gets back....

The MITCH is back.

Let's hope he doesn't take a month to get going. I just can't figure out where Blanks is gonna get playing time now.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hope he doesn't take a month to get going. I just can't figure out where Blanks is gonna get playing time now.

Either he or Mitch will have to trade in the 1B mitt for the OF glove until Josh is ready.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love your signature!
One of my fav things Beltre does. Hearing him scream from the dugout during the 2011 season was just another in a long line of things I love about the guy.