• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: At Braves

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quietly this team is 24-15 since the 8 game losing streak April 22nd.

Its going well when your getting big hits from Buck, Gillespie and Romero.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quietly this team is 24-15 since the 8 game losing streak April 22nd.

Its going well when your getting big hits from Buck, Gillespie and Romero.

5th in runs scored.
14th in batting average
15th in OBP
12th in slugging percentage
14th in OPS.

Can't expect this to last all season long. Their ranking in runs scored is going to fall if they don't start hitting. But, it's been a nice ride so far. Three games over .500 for the first time since April 11th.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5th in runs scored.
14th in batting average
15th in OBP
12th in slugging percentage
14th in OPS.

Can't expect this to last all season long. Their ranking in runs scored is going to fall if they don't start hitting. But, it's been a nice ride so far. Three games over .500 for the first time since April 11th.

We're 6th in the AL in runs scored (as of now) thanks in large part to also being 6th in hitting with runners in scoring position and 4th in slugging with runners in scoring position. And yet, we still seem to strand an ungodly amount of runners at 2nd and 3rd base. Just last night we had runners at first and third with one out in the first and couldn't score, had runners on 2nd and 3rd with nobody out in the third and couldn't score, and had the bases loaded in the 6th with one out and couldn't score.

Part of the problem is base running mistakes/errors in play calls by the coaching staff (I'm thinking about the contact play when I say that). The contact play almost never works and should never be used again. The runners also have to be more selective in when they overrun a base to draw a throw away from home plate on a potential scoring play. I'd have to go back and look to be sure, but it seems like we've had a few instances in the last few games of guys getting caught in a rundown because they overran the bag to draw a throw away from the plate. I understand that sometimes it is necessary to do that to get a run across, but other times it'll end an inning prematurely and end up being totally unnecessary because the throw was never going home.

We've also had a couple instances of guys getting picked off at first base because they went too soon instead of making sure the pitcher was going home with the ball before taking off. It's one thing to get picked off by a guy who just has a great pick-off move; it's a different thing entirely to get picked off because you got antsy and went too soon.

Little things like this can kill an inning really quick and they don't help when you already have trouble getting guys in from 2nd and 3rd.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great road trip so far. Getting wins from no-names in the lineup is a coup. If this doesn't motivate ownership to spend money to keep this ship sailing, then nothing ever will.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm almost optimistic right now

something is wrong

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash