• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Astros vs. Rangers

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would be Jimenez, but yes I don't give a shit who it is. The guy was allowed to hit last night with the game winning run at 2nd, and was late on an 82 MPH off-speed pitch in a 2-0 count.

Wash should've never had him in there. That's on him. Add it to the pile.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record I like Wash OK and JD better. And I really made a poor case of what I was trying to get too.

What I was trying to get too is from today going forward no one has the green light, either with the bat or running the bases for the immediate future. Let the decisions fall on the coaches for right now and see if we can't get everyone's head on straight. Then you/me, the players and reporters won't have to wonder who made what decision. Just for the immediate future.

I didn't think our base running could get any worse than last year, but heavens, it seems worse to me.

I think that's playing to Wash's weakness. He is not so good at in game strategy.

Baserunning has been frustrating, to say the least.

We really need to get healthy. Wilson is shit. JPA, who I've been a supporter of, doesn't look like he belongs in MLB. Kouz, bless his heart, has no business batting 5th. 3/5 of our rotation is in the infirmary. If we can manage to hang a tick above .500 until the Calvary arrives we should be fine...but, in the meantime it would be nice if we could execute with RISP. And, of course, Fielder needs to start hitting.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Wilson starting? Murphy continues to play better. The rest of the line up looks a little better with Choice and Chirinos.

It's unacceptable.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wash should've never had him in there. That's on him. Add it to the pile.
The pile will continue to climb higher till JD does something about it.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do blame JD for keeping him around. However, it's not JD's fault a third of our roster got injured.

I was mostly playing devils advocate.

But, even when fully healthy our bench was weak, so when injuries inevitably happen those weak bench parts play everyday. But nobody could have predicted this many injuries.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's playing to Wash's weakness. He is not so good at in game strategy.

We really need to get healthy. Wilson is shit. JPA, who I've been a supporter of, doesn't look like he belongs in MLB. Kouz, bless his heart, has no business batting 5th. 3/5 of our rotation is in the infirmary. If we can manage to hang a tick above .500 until the Calvary arrives we should be fine...but, in the meantime it would be nice if we could execute with RISP. And, of course, Fielder needs to start hitting.
Physical health will be nice but it won't change Wash's mental game savvy.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a potential rain out coming today. Looking at the weather, it sure looks like we could get rain for hours and hours.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a potential rain out coming today. Looking at the weather, it sure looks like we could get rain for hours and hours.

Re-schedule the damn game in august when we're healthy. Fine with me. Do it Rangers lol

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was mostly playing devils advocate.

But, even when fully healthy our bench was weak, so when injuries inevitably happen those weak bench parts play everyday. But nobody could have predicted this many injuries.

Edit: sorry I misread your post.

When 1/3 of your lineup is bench players you're going to see a big drop off. Don't know any team that could get through that.

Last edited by a moderator:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raining in Comanche co. heading toward Metroplex.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I live close and on my channel 5 app it says at 3:00 pm it's a 30% chance of isolated storms w/25-30 MPH winds. It's not raining right now but it has been.

It might miss the park completely, but the wind will make for an interesting day.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then don't let Wash make those decisions. Put it on 1st and 3rd base coaches. But to have Moreland swinging at a 2-0 pitch when the previous 3 guys walked is ridiculous. And that base running move by Rios last night - from a guy who is normally lights out on the bases - is totally unacceptable at this level.

I agree 100% on your injury evaluation and your take on Prince. I did hear this morning that his contact rate is about the same as any other year. But he's not seeing enough pitches.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weak? You think that top 5 was weak? You think choice looked weak when given the opportunity to play every day? You think having Soto, Profar, and Martin in the bottom of the order was a weak bottom of the order? Gtfo man.

I said the bench was weak. Now that we have injuries, the bench plays daily

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prince hit 2 line drives to right. Altuve made a nice play on one. He also just got under that fly ball to center. He might be starting to come around.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said the bench was weak. Now that we have injuries, the bench plays daily

Yeah, I misread your post. I think any team that has 1/3 of its lineup composed of bench players will see a significant drop off.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then don't let Wash make those decisions. Put it on 1st and 3rd base coaches. But to have Moreland swinging at a 2-0 pitch when the previous 3 guys walked is ridiculous. And that base running move by Rios last night - from a guy who is normally lights out on the bases - is totally unacceptable at this level.

I agree 100% on your injury evaluation and your take on Prince. I did hear this morning that his contact rate is about the same as any other year. But he's not seeing enough pitches.
Agree. Wash is where the buck stops and if he can not get control of his players and coaches then someone needs to get control of Wash and that may come when everyone gets back. The timing is not right now IMO.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I misread your post. I think any team that has 1/3 of its lineup composed of bench players will see a significant drop off.

I gagree. Nobody could have predicted this many injuries.

And, like you said, Prince hasn't helped at all. Someone should remind him that there is an entire left side of the field he can hit to.