• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Astros vs. Rangers

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe jta's presence this evening will get a bat or two going. I was going to head out too, but my buddy couldn't get a hall pass from the wife.

Anyone besides me feel we're quite fortunate to be at .500 right now?

What about my presence? :yahoo:.....I'm calling it. Fielder hits his 1st tonight!

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:......And wouldn't 2-8 really suck? And you're right, we could be 7-3 as well. But for me, I'll take 5-5 all things considered.

Maybe tonight's the night Sir Prince gets going. If he does, the whole lineup will react I think.

Hope so. I know it would take a lot of weight off his shoulders. No pun intended.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's placing it all; just way too much.

But Moreland's AB in the 10th was one sorry excuse for a major league one. The guy had walked 3 straight guys, and he swings at a 2-0 pitch. WTF Mitch? You don't attempt to swing until you've got at least on called strike IMO.
Placing it all or way too much is hunting fly specs in the pepper. He has been ragging on Mitch long enough to convince me and some others he is trolling. That was a team embarrassment last night and everyone had a part in it including Wash.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about my presence? :yahoo:.....I'm calling it. Fielder hits his 1st tonight!

No disrespect meant. Earlier I had asked if there wasn't a couple of ya headed out because I was hoping to be there as well. And jta responded.

OK then. jta gets a couple of bats going and you get Tanner in line. How's that?

Enjoy the game, nice weather and a "win."

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No disrespect meant. Earlier I had asked if there wasn't a couple of ya headed out because I was hoping to be there as well. And jta responded.

OK then. jta gets a couple of bats going and you get Tanner in line. How's that?

Enjoy the game, nice weather and a "win."

Oh I was just kidding. I didn't think you were being disrespectful. I'm sitting in the section to the left of the grass in center. I want to see some HR fireworks damnit.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Placing it all or way too much is hunting fly specs in the pepper. He has been ragging on Mitch long enough to convince me and some others he is trolling. That was a team embarrassment last night and everyone had a part in it including Wash.

OK....But I'm sticking with Mitch's AB was God awful in the 10th. All he had to do is take another pitch, then get one he could lift. For crying out loud, they had 2 OF and he hits it on the ground. Ridiculous AB.

And I've been a supporter of the guy.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I was just kidding. I didn't think you were being disrespectful. I'm sitting in the section to the left of the grass in center. I want to see some HR fireworks damnit.

You ever caught a homer? How about catching Prince's banger for us.

GO RANGERS.....enjoy the game and the "apparently" great food as well.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm who could've seen this coming? :noidea:
It may be me but I think Cheerios earned a start tonight. JPA just isn't producing enough to get the nod.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK....But I'm sticking with Mitch's AB was God awful in the 10th. All he had to do is take another pitch, then get one he could lift. For crying out loud, they had 2 OF and he hits it on the ground. Ridiculous AB.

Or take a pitch until he throws a strike. Peacock walked the bases loaded, Moreland bailed him out.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True but do we let Prince, Rios, Martin, etc off the hook or just calling out one guy?

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may be me but I think Cheerios earned a start tonight. JPA just isn't producing enough to get the nod.

No shit. I didn't even think about it when I saw the line-up. Last night I even said to my GF that he earned a start tomorrow. That really is ridiculous.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah maybe so.

In the bigger picture, when Soto comes back, and things behind the plate are what they are today, JPA is outta here. I really like him. But he's stinking up the joint, and cherrios, although not hitting with consistency, is at least coming through in some crucial situations.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ever caught a homer? How about catching Prince's banger for us.

GO RANGERS.....enjoy the game and the "apparently" great food as well.

No I've never caught a HR. I've never sat in this section before. I'm usually behind home plate somewhere.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah maybe so.

In the bigger picture, when Soto comes back, and things behind the plate are what they are today, JPA is outta here. I really like him. But he's stinking up the joint, and cherrios, although not hitting with consistency, is at least coming through in some crucial situations.
:agree:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but do we let Prince, Rios, Martin, etc off the hook or just calling out one guy?

Not at all. But Mitch had the guy where he wanted him and then turned his AB into a Little League adventure. Truly inexcusable.

Honestly, the guy walks 3 straight and you get 2 balls, then SWING at the next offering. That's not a ML AB IMO. And to make matters worse, he swung at a pitch made to be hit on the ground and all we needed was a fly ball.

Sorry, but I couldn't believe my eyes. And again, I've supported this guy for years.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said before, I refuse to call mitch out anymore for his hitting, because the two guys we expected to be hitting the crap out of the ball havent done anything. Until prince and beltre find their stroke, I'm not complaining about anyone else. Its contagious, and with as much as these guys are getting paid and as long as they've played in the league at a high level, I find them much more responsible then mitch moreland who we didnt even want in the opening day lineup

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Wash said he wanted Cheerios to catch Perez tomorrow afternoon, they work better together. Arencibia with the night game tonight......

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I call out Mitch because I believe the other players on the team have established themselves and will come around. The jury is still out on Mitch. If he doesn't have a break out year, the team needs to find another hitter. Prince is a perennial 25 HR / 100 RBI guy and he's typically a slow starter, Rios usually has 20+ hrs / 75-100 RBI while hitting .280 or above, and Martin still has room for improvement, but his breakout year was last year. Those guys will be fine.

The theme of the last 2 years has been that we've had one player consistently be the weak-link and Wash exacerbates the issue by " sticking with his guy", 2 years ago that guy was Michael Young, Last year that guy was David Murphy. Will it be Mitch Moreland this year? I'm not sure, but I'll be watching very closely.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm in the cf suites, but I can come down and partake in the stadium atmosphere too