• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Astros in for a 4 game weekend set - June 7-10

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AAA til he gets straightened out.IMO

FWIW Gallo produces runs as his OPS shows. Just can’t be depended on in situations that requires contact with ball.

No one thought he could make improvements and adjustments 2 years ago but he did. But so has opposition.

Going to need a come to Jesus meeting undoubtedly but IMO not ready to write off or send to AAA at this point. Probably won’t benefit him. But Odor just might

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW Gallo produces runs as his OPS shows. Just can’t be depended on in situations that requires contact with ball.

No one thought he could make improvements and adjustments 2 years ago but he did. But so has opposition.

Going to need a come to Jesus meeting undoubtedly but IMO not ready to write off or send to AAA at this point. Probably won’t benefit him. But Odor just might
A reduction in rank may effect his attitude to get it together or get used to AAA because he has had every opportunity to improve and failed. Not being dependable to make contact with the ball is seriously reason to go down.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Baseball America.

Texas Rangers

Story of Their Draft: The Rangers stuck to their guns and drafted five straight upside prep prospects, headlined by the most consistent arm in the country this spring in RHP Cole Winn (1). RHP Owen White has a four-pitch mix of above-average offerings and SS Jonathan Ornelas (3) has above-average hands, a strong arm and a projectable power bat.

Keep An Eye On: C Xavier Valentin (19) has major league bloodlines and some defensive potential behind the dish, but he needs more consistency. LHP Destin Dotson (12) was unexpected to sign this year as a lanky, 6-foot-6 arm who can touch the 93-94 mph range with feel to spin, but the Rangers drafted him in a potentially signable spot.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's so bizarre to me how many people get drafted who either are guaranteed not to sign or are longshots to sign at best.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why mention it? It's redundant, but considering I don't see much more than 3s, 4s abs 5s (maybe one surprises and becomes #2 quality) in the system then signing a couple 1s and 2s might be the path going forward at some point... Whether that's 2020 or 2021 is the question
I mentioned it because I saw it as a significant part of the discussion. You didn't. Maybe no one else does either, but I did.

There has been some discussion on here lately about when our WS contending window will open. If we are not going to sign a legitimate ace and have to depend on developing one that changes when that window will open. It might change it significantly. That is why I brought up about spending in FA or developing an ace.

If we are going the develop your own ace route then I think that should influence who we consider tradable. If the window is several years out then even our younger guys should be availabe.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's so bizarre to me how many people get drafted who either are guaranteed not to sign or are longshots to sign at best.
I guess it is due to them drafting so many guys. They think they can gamble with a few picks when they have 30 of them.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned it because I saw it as a significant part of the discussion. You didn't. Maybe no one else does either, but I did.

There has been some discussion on here lately about when our WS contending window will open. If we are not going to sign a legitimate ace and have to depend on developing one that changes when that window will open. It might change it significantly. That is why I brought up about spending in FA or developing an ace.

If we are going the develop your own ace route then I think that should influence who we consider tradable. If the window is several years out then even our younger guys should be availabe.
No FA frontline pitching in offseason unless great value with upside. Season after we make a splash Some for team to contend some as a marketing ploy IMO

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. How he handles this will eventually be a factor

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00