• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A'Shawn Robinson

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LIONS DT A’SHAWN ROBINSON CONFERENCE CALL QUOTE SHEET
On what the last 24 hours have been like for him: “The past 24 hours, it was alright, you know? It’s not in my hands, it’s in God’s hands, you know? So, I just go with whatever happens and I can’t really choose where I want to go, so I really just sit there and just listen to whoever gets me, gets me. Honestly, being part of the Detroit Lions is a blessing, it’s something that most people dream of and I dream of too.”

On how much contact he had with the Lions in the pre-draft process: “A visit, they came down to our pro day. The day before our pro day I talked to them. Then, I had a visit with them in April and then it was honestly my best visit out of all the teams, my 30 visits. I took 30 visits.”

On why the visit with the Lions was his best visit: “Because it’s a system that I would love to play in and try to contribute to the team in whatever way I can. Just watching film and the great players they have there now, just try to help them out. I’m working hard to do something for those players that have been there for a while and help contribute while they’re contributing, is just something I was thinking about.”

On how much he has followed Lions DT Haloti Ngata and how much is he looking forward to playing with him: “It’s amazing, honestly, to play with a guy that has that much experience in the NFL, played that many years and to dominate that many years in the league. It’s amazing to be able to have a chance to play beside him or play behind him, just try to help contribute and do all I can.”

On why he thinks the Lions system fits his skills: “It’s honestly, it’s things that we did at Bama and it’s similar, it’s attack defense. It’s what I love to do and being there with the D-line coach, Coach Kris (Kocurek) is just amazing, to have him as a D-line coach. The passion he has for the game, wanting his players to be the best is amazing.”

On what he thought of Lions Defensive Line Coach Kris Kocurek the first time he met him: “I thought he was a great coach, he’s fiery just like Coach Bo (Davis). That’s a guy I’d love to play for and I was just telling my mom that when I was taking my visits and stuff when I first met him and she was like, ‘Yeah, yeah, everything will play its course.’ So, when I met him I was like, ‘Yeah, this guy, I like this coach a lot.’”

On why he thinks his sack totals went down during his career at Alabama: “We didn’t really do too much game planning to like be able to do our free-rushes. We more so – it was like our game plan to control-rush. We had the freedom to do what we can to make passes a control-rush.”

On what makes him confident he can improve on his pass rush abilities in the NFL: “Because having a coach like Coach Kris can use those skills and things I didn’t have a chance to enhance and get better at daily. He can teach me those things and make me a better pass-rusher.”

On looking older than his age: “It’s funny, you know, they always joke around and call me old man and stuff, but I just take it how it is. Some people have that problem, looking older than what they are.”

On if people ever asked him for his birth certificate in sports growing up: “Yeah, I had to sit out a couple of games because my mom couldn’t get off work, so eventually she just started like scheduling around it where she was at every game. She couldn’t miss like one, single game because she had to bring my birth certificate every, single time. So, once I got like eight years I played up, and then after that never played my age again, so she never had to do it anymore.”

On how many years his mom had to show his birth certificate: “From four all the way up to going (on) nine. Once I became nine I started playing with the 12 year-olds and 13 year-olds.”

On if he started playing organized football at four years old: “I played with my older brother. He’s four years older than me.”

On if he played on the same team as his older brother: “Yes, sir. He played defense and I played running back, and then I played defense too. So, I wanted to stop playing football when I was younger because I got flipped at running back. Mom made me keep playing and I just played defense strictly there, which I loved playing defense, so it bettered me.”

On if his mom had to bring his birth certificate to sports when he was four years old: “Well, at first they were trying to put me with the same age, and then I played up. Then they moved me up because it was like, well, he’s not going to be able to do anything. He’s too big for all the kids, it would be unfair. So, my mom had to literally like bring it in. It was too much of a hassle, so she moved me up. Then the next year we moved so I could play in the same age group as I could, but I didn’t. So, I had to move to another place to play my same age, and I played my same age and everyone just made a big fit about it. She got tired of it over a few years and then just said, ‘You can play up for now.’”

On if he and fellow Alabama DT Jarran Reed had a friendly competition about who would be drafted first: “No, we didn’t really. Honestly, (we) weren’t caring about who goes first. We were just trying to get to a team, whoever takes us, you know? Wasn’t about a competition, it’s about getting in and help contributing to a team. Not who goes first or who goes where. It was just, honestly, just trying to make a little accomplishment in our accomplishment book and make more accomplishments as we can.”

On how much he looks forward to going against former Alabama RB Eddie Lacy when the Lions play the Packers: “It’s great to be able to face Eddie Lacy. I never got to play against him. He was older than me. When I got there, he left for the league. But it will be great to play against him.”

Copy and pasting this from Reddit

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel he could become special if he works hard. If he has just average work ethic, he will be just a big body type guy.

Not sure how he's going to move past our stud third round pick from this year, Gabe Wright.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can always fall back on his rap career if playing football doesn't work out

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone said they played that song when he was on stage at the draft i wasn't really paying attention

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did absolutely nothing in the championship game.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, (1) eight minute clip trumps 3 yrs of CFB games. He did get the lead block for Henry's TD. Ragdolled the shit out of 3 OL, was in on 3 tackles, kept pursuit numerous times from opposite hash

The bad is he got stood up at LOS or even pushed to the ground due to his high pad level and loss of balance and leverage. No DL 2nd rounder has ever had that happen to them before

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, (1) eight minute clip trumps 3 yrs of CFB games. He did get the lead block for Henry's TD. Ragdolled the shit out of 3 OL, was in on 3 tackles, kept pursuit numerous times from opposite hash

The bad is he got stood up at LOS or even pushed to the ground due to his high pad level and loss of balance and leverage. No DL 2nd rounder has ever had that happen to them before

If he's not a DT getting 3 sacks a game, Lions fans don't want him.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's not a DT getting 3 sacks a game, Lions fans don't want him.

I'm just a casual fan still learning so I obviously didn't get jayfan's disapproval

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone said they played that song when he was on stage at the draft i wasn't really paying attention
Just watched Noisey-Miami earlier.

Hopefully Robinson doesn't blow a million at the club in one night and invest his riches in chicken wings.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like this Jim Bob is serious about our OLine mauling people.

The trend in the NFL has been making the defensive line bigger and faster. The Lions O-line has been years behind the trend which has been self evident in the running game and the past two seasons with sacks. I find it funny that the O-line took a vow at the end of last season to protect Stafford this year and BQ didn't believe the vow they took.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy Haloti Ngata gets to mentor these guys.
He gonna show em how a syringe works? Or how to get traded instead of cut?

Cuz I saw nothing on the field last year that needs to be passed down to the next generation.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, he's fat, old and washed up without the PEDs.

I doubt you'd be carrying on if Von Miller came and played for the Lions.

He gonna show em how a syringe works? Or how to get traded instead of cut?

Okay, so your a pessimist when it comes to mentoring Rookies and Ngata can't possibly learn from his mistake. Nor that Ravens still played Ngata in the playoffs after his suspension before moving on to the next guy in line. No thought whatsoever that the move could have been a good thing getting away from his contacts.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haloti was a dominant 1 tech during his time with the Ravens, but he relied on quickness, an elite fist step, power, and good instincts to make plays. He never had strong technique he mostly bull rushed his way into the backfield. He hasn't really had the quickness or first step since 2011/2012 and now he just a space eater that doesn't make plays unless he is unblocked or the play comes to him.

If we still were getting this guy he would be my favorite Lion

:drool: