• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A'Shawn Robinson

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt you'd be carrying on if Von Miller came and played for the Lions.

Okay, so your a pessimist when it comes to mentoring Rookies and Ngata can't possibly learn from his mistake. Nor that Ravens still played Ngata in the playoffs after his suspension before moving on to the next guy in line. No thought whatsoever that the move could have been a good thing getting away from his contacts.
Miller isn't fat, old, overpaid and sucky though.

I don't want Bartolo Colon to be a Tiger, but Id take Dee Gordon when he's off suspension.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller isn't fat, old, overpaid and sucky though.

It's what I thought... the substance abuse policy doesn't apply to some, just someone the Lions Organization picked up to replace a huge void because of Suh skipping town for the $$$. A lot can happen with A'Shawn Robinson... he may get a starting job at DT or DE or just be a big part in rotation. Besides, being fat and overpaid doesn't make Ngata any dumber. Regardless of what you may think of Ngata, he's gone the distance and was shown the ropes on how to be a Pro and reading game films by Ray Lewis, Ed Reed and Terrell Suggs. Maybe you don't care what two LB's and a FS had to share with him, but what he's got is more than how to use a flippin syringe.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really love this pick. He was not the best pure run stuffer at that spot, with Reed and Billings still there. I do feel he has the best potential of the three to become the best pass rusher and three down tackle of the three.

I found it odd that so many fans and media had Billings going so early, yet he dropped to the fifth round. I know he had a possible knee issue. Jack and Smith had injuries also, just didn't drop so far.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A'Shawn Robinson is basically what I always pictured @gandydancer to look like for about 7 years.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really???? You're killing me!!!!!! Gandy, what's my nickname been for as long as you've known me???

Ive called you Sinbad forever. I have also called you Sinbad on here. Wouldn't be surprised if Smitty had that in his notes. That fugga remembers posts from the CBS days

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys talk about it all the time."Softball game" is my favorite.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really???? You're killing me!!!!!! Gandy, what's my nickname been for as long as you've known me???

Fred Durst? Wait...that's someone else.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive called you Sinbad forever. I have also called you Sinbad on here. Wouldn't be surprised if Smitty had that in his notes. That fugga remembers posts from the CBS days
I honestly picture Sinbad whenever I read Chiefs posts!

You two have always cracked me up.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO, need to hook up with these guys in person so they can here the log story. Only way to truly appreciate it.

Oh, yeah, and "Nice Bald Beaver"

I told "nice bald beaver" the other day. Taking with some guys in Denver about playing wingman or looking out for your friends. The guys knew I had a story because of my smile. I said I would go last or conversation would be over. I tipped that ski-doo 6-7 times easily for all you guys. Truly a pervert looking out for his friends. Although I got a look every time.

That was the same day we wanted a magic marker to play dot to dot on that girls ass. Good thing she had no clue why I asked if she had a marker?

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's not a DT getting 3 sacks a game, Lions fans don't want him.
3 sacks? I'd have been happy with 1 play of any impact.

Incidentally, here's a scathing scouting report on Robinson written prior to the championship game. His performance in the game did nothing to discredit it.

2016 NFL Draft Scouting Report: Alabama DL A'Shawn Robinson

"Like most Alabama defenders, power and size aren’t issues for Robinson, who certainly looks the part at a thick 6-4, 312 pounds. Unfortunately that power is rendered useless too often on the field, as Robinson is consistently too high in his stance, allowing the defensive lineman to get leveraged off the ball. He’s often strong enough to hold his ground regardless, but Robinson typically can’t generate any push at the point of attack due to being stood up and controlled off the ball.

Perhaps Robinson could get off those blocks if he utilized his hands as weapons, but the defensive tackle locks out to a stalemate and is content there. His whole upper half needs massive technical work, as he is completely deficient as a pass rusher, and not nearly energetic enough in his efforts to shed blocks and work himself into the action.

Because Robinson doesn’t utilize any pass rush moves on passing downs, he relies completely on a poor speed-to-power conversion that fails due to his lack of burst off the ball, and motor at the point of attack. Robinson’s get-off is remarkably inconsistent, but he is often the last player off the ball, allowing offensive linemen to set up cleanly in pass protection before contact is made. Even when he does generate a push, Robinson runs out of steam after a step or two. He simply isn’t quick or athletic enough to win any other way, and lacks the flexibility to even be a pass rushing five technique as he occasionally was for ‘Bama...."