• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: A's vs M's - 4/8 thru 4/10

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seager a bit of a disappointment for me tonight. He's had 2 big ABs where he failed, and the error (which didn't cost a run, at least).

Hope we can come back in the 9th.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sick of s***ty umpires who have no clue what the strike zone is already this year.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a boring game.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's been a pretty good game aside from the errors, actually.

M's pitching has been excellent, and that's fun to watch for me. Wish the batters could've punished more of the meatballs they were getting down the middle, though.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing sucks, but I like what I saw for the most part. Pitching has been pretty decent for 5 games. Lineup has been sporadic, but I'm not jumping to any conclusions yet.

For the record, I was attacked by a mod on here last year for being "too negative" even though I was just talking about what I was seeing. I'm doing the same now.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I was attacked by a mod on here last year for being "too negative" even though I was just talking about what I was seeing. I'm doing the same now.

Ya, sorry about that but how many times do I have to apologize for that?.....lol.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everyone deserves a hard pass for being negative with the Mariners. Even the most optimistic Mariners fan has to be jaded from 9/11 on with the Mariners.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, sorry about that but how many times do I have to apologize for that?.....lol.

For the record, I was totally kidding. I love reading cezero's stuff. Passionate fan who never needs to apologize for his opinions and/or remarks. He is one of many reasons I enjoy this board. That guy that posted those comments last year was way off and I am just glad we all moved passed it.

Now come on M's pull out these wins before we get back into discussing how it is just one game crap again. :trash:

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I was totally kidding. I love reading cezero's stuff. Passionate fan who never needs to apologize for his opinions and/or remarks. He is one of many reasons I enjoy this board. That guy that posted those comments last year was way off and I am just glad we all moved passed it.

Now come on M's pull out these wins before we get back into discussing how it is just one game crap again. :trash:
Hah.

Same with you. NW knows his stuff. So does seattlecoug. Along with LOTS of others on here are what make it the best M's board I've ever been on. Nice after being called a troll on ESPN.

25 years as an M's fan, and got to see the Pacific NW as a baseball place for a few years there in the 90s and early 00s, including being in Kingdome when we beat the Angels to get to the ALDS for the first time in 95. Desperate for it to be anything resembling that again, and I'll just call it like I see it.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
including being in Kingdome when we beat the Angels to get to the ALDS for the first time in 95. Desperate for it to be anything resembling that again, and I'll just call it like I see it.

I am almost 50 so I apologize if I have told this story on here before;

I started selling real estate in SW Washington in May of '95...we all remember that season. right? So M's make the playoffs for the first time in history. My brother goes down and buys the entire payoff package. He called my wife to see if she wanted to buy it for me and she said yes as a surprise. I went to every playoff game that year and my boss pulls me into his office probably after the 2nd or 3rd game and says, "You need to decide what is more important, your job or the Mariners". I said, "I have been working here for 6 months but have been a Mariners fan for 18 years. I can always change companies". I worked there for 13 years and he sold me his property management business for next t nothing 5 years later which I increased revenue 900% and sold it after 8 years allowing me to come to AZ.

So for those who don't understand our passion and disappointment for the Mariners, well I feel sorry for you because it is the greatest love/hate relationship a man can have...and it won't take half your money when you part. :)

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hah.

Same with you. NW knows his stuff. So does seattlecoug. Along with LOTS of others on here are what make it the best M's board I've ever been on. Nice after being called a troll on ESPN.

25 years as an M's fan, and got to see the Pacific NW as a baseball place for a few years there in the 90s and early 00s, including being in Kingdome when we beat the Angels to get to the ALDS for the first time in 95. Desperate for it to be anything resembling that again, and I'll just call it like I see it.

And for the record, the only problem I have ever had with cezero is that creepy Tom Brady avatar....man that is scary. :lol:

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those were some bad at-bats in the 9th last night. Swinging at pure garbage. Ugh.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those were some bad at-bats in the 9th last night. Swinging at pure garbage. Ugh.
It sure didn't help things when the umpire decided half of the right side batters box was part of the strike zone to lefty batters near the end of the game.

I know I called the game boring but it wasn't, I just hate to see them lose ANY games because wins are so important, but in the end i have to give Oakland pitching credit for the win.

I do think this team is much better than teams of the past and am excited to see what they can do this season. But I'll still get bummed out when they lose.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sure didn't help things when the umpire decided half of the right side batters box was part of the strike zone to lefty batters near the end of the game.

Yeah, some questionable calls with the strike zone, but that doesn't forgive Seth Smith trying to be Tiger Woods.

I know I called the game boring but it wasn't, I just hate to see them lose ANY games because wins are so important,

Me too. But I kinda felt a little silly being frustrated over losing the 4th game of the season. Need to teach myself patience.

I do think this team is much better than teams of the past and am excited to see what they can do this season. But I'll still get bummed out when they lose.

I hope so. Cano certainly seems to be having a bounce back year, so far.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seemed like a theme most of the game. Surkamp was on the ropes a couple of times but they just couldn't cash in. Cano, Cruz and Seagar were 1-12 with 13 LOB. Can't imagine those 3 will have many nights where they all struggle.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hah.

Appreciate it. Always enjoy your honesty and telling it like you see it. I think most of the true fans agree with you that we are desperate for anything. That's why winning 2 of 3 in a simple road series in Texas will get people excited. All i ask at this point is be relevant. They have consistently fallen on their face in the beginning of the year. I think one winning April since 2003? The bar is so low that it won't take much

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man, was i drunk last night

here's tonight's lineups

CfoY_x9UMAA36Lz.jpg

Guywithtoaster

Don't bane the dillies!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,515.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We really won't be able to get a feel with the Mariners until some 30 to 50 games have been played. This team looks a lot better though. Definitely impressed with Aoki. Mariners haven't had a good leadoff hitter since Ichiro.