• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

As I Expected...

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors' ESPN board really jumped the shark after the trade deadline. Once Caz reappeared, I figured it wouldn't take long. Knowing there was nothing of major substance could be had with the Warriors' tradeable assets, made it an absolute certainty.

So, the one trade they did make... It seems the main asset for giving up on B-Wright is that now the Warriors will not be handcuffed by his cap hold, so they can sign a defensive upgrade at center. With Perkins out of the picture, Chandler likely staying in Dallas, Yao and Oden being scary investments at best and Nene a distant pipe dream, it looks like Dalembert is the best option.

I hope they can make this happen in the off-season and stay relatively healthy for the entire 2011-12 season. While it makes more sense to tank the rest of this year and get a better pick, I still think this team is capable of making the playoffs this year. Foreseeing a Melo exodus, I picked the Warriors to grab (luck into - good or bad, you be the judge) the 8th seed. With Rudy Gay's injury, the D-Will surprise and the Rockets making their team worse in the short-term and the Warriors playing their best basketball of the year right before the All-Star Break, this would seem very possible again.

The one monkey wrench is the Suns seem to have made their team better (despite Vince Carter's best efforts to the contrary) with the Magic trade that I thought would effectively eliminate them from play-off contention. Steve Nash is amazing. I don't know how he remains an elite NBA point guard at age 37. It must have been all those years of slacking on defense. Steph has the right idea.

Either way, I have gone from thinking the only trade the Warriors made was pointless to seeing that it can make things easier on them in the off-season, especially if time is lost on collective bargaining agreement talks. If that off-season includes a lottery pick or not remains to be seen. Now, if I could just figure out what exactly a "SCARED" fan is, and how I can be brave and still root for my favorite team...

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Heathbar - The biggest problem with your theory about signing a big man is that the Warriors do not realistically have the room to offer a FA very much money. As of right now, the Warriors have $49.1 mil committed to next year for 8 players. Add in the cap hold that will be in place for the team's first round pick this season and suddenly the team has about $52 mil committed. Because NBA rules state that each team has to have a minimum of 12 players on its active roster and a minimum of 1 on its inactive roster, the Warriors now have 4 roster spots to fill. Assuming each player other than the big FA signing makes the NBA minimum, the Warriors are suddenly sitting somewhere around $54 or $55 mil.

Considering the cap was $58 mil this season, the Warriors are going to have around $3 mil to spend in FA. I don't think Dalembert is going to come to the Warriors for $3 mil per season, so Golden State is going to have to find a way to trade for the big man that you want.

Sorry, dude. Barring a major trade in which Monta or Curry leaves, the Warriors are not going to be much different from the team you see now.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
BTW, I have tried to get some of the other good posters from there to come here, but have met with very little success.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heathbar - The biggest problem with your theory about signing a big man is that the Warriors do not realistically have the room to offer a FA very much money. As of right now, the Warriors have $49.1 mil committed to next year for 8 players. Add in the cap hold that will be in place for the team's first round pick this season and suddenly the team has about $52 mil committed. Because NBA rules state that each team has to have a minimum of 12 players on its active roster and a minimum of 1 on its inactive roster, the Warriors now have 4 roster spots to fill. Assuming each player other than the big FA signing makes the NBA minimum, the Warriors are suddenly sitting somewhere around $54 or $55 mil.

Considering the cap was $58 mil this season, the Warriors are going to have around $3 mil to spend in FA. I don't think Dalembert is going to come to the Warriors for $3 mil per season, so Golden State is going to have to find a way to trade for the big man that you want.

Sorry, dude. Barring a major trade in which Monta or Curry leaves, the Warriors are not going to be much different from the team you see now.

I get what you're posting. I thought there was closer to $4-5 million available. I think the Warriors will try to shed Biedrins' contract in the off-season, and make a run at Gasol, but I bet the Grizzlies let Randolph walk, resign Gasol and the Warriors will settle for Dalembert. If they can dump Biedrins, maybe they can take a shot at Kaman. That would be nice, if he has a clean bill of health. Either way, this roster cycles from extremely fun to watch to massively frustrating rather quickly.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you're posting. I thought there was closer to $4-5 million available. I think the Warriors will try to shed Biedrins' contract in the off-season, and make a run at Gasol, but I bet the Grizzlies let Randolph walk, resign Gasol and the Warriors will settle for Dalembert. If they can dump Biedrins, maybe they can take a shot at Kaman. That would be nice, if he has a clean bill of health. Either way, this roster cycles from extremely fun to watch to massively frustrating rather quickly.

I don't see how they can "dump" Beans. Do you?