• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

As an Iowa fan I find myself in the vomit inducing situation of cheering for Wisky

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this weekend for a few reasons. A) My team doesnt play Wisconsin ( whew!) so a W by the Badgers here helps my team B) I cant cheer for the brand new guy to come in and win right away C) I picked Wisky to go the NC game before the season started ( yuck!).

What an odd feeling.... I dont like, I dont like it at all!

JTEGGER

T-Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm rooting for the Huskers myself. In the event that BAMA makes it to the BCSCG, I don't care a damn thing about having Wisky on the the other side. That team is for realz.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wisconsin wins, but it should be a good game.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Badgers absolutely roll the Huskers. BY ALOT. I am 100% OK with not playing them this year and I would normally never say something like that.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are all wrong. They have too much confidence just like last year when they played a creampuff the week before the MSU game and went into East Lansing and got it handed to them. I think they'll be a bit cocky and Nebraska will be there waiting to take them down a peg. If you're a betting person, take the 10 and Nebraska, you'll be very happy you did. I'm a UW fan and I've seen this movie way too many times...the only saving grace is this game is in Madtown.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are all wrong. They have too much confidence just like last year when they played a creampuff the week before the MSU game and went into East Lansing and got it handed to them. I think they'll be a bit cocky and Nebraska will be there waiting to take them down a peg. If you're a betting person, take the 10 and Nebraska, you'll be very happy you did. I'm a UW fan and I've seen this movie way too many times...the only saving grace is this game is in Madtown.

Ssshh. Don't mention that game last year to a certain Badger fan here. He'll go into hissy-fit mode and try to tell you how that was a "different" MSU team that day.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bull crap, it's the exact same thing from UW I've see every time they've had a team. Pound some worthless blocking dummies into the ground, get a massive head, have next team cut off your head and serve it to you on a platter. Seen it way too many times. I'm now from Missouri and want them to show me it's different this time...

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bull crap, it's the exact same thing from UW I've see every time they've had a team. Pound some worthless blocking dummies into the ground, get a massive head, have next team cut off your head and serve it to you on a platter. Seen it way too many times. I'm now from Missouri and want them to show me it's different this time...

I was skeptical until I got to this part.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I try to read these Big 10 threads, but they just load so damned slow.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The MSU game last year was rough, but it had little to do with overconfidence. They were injury stricken, and the defense failed to adjust to losing Borland for the year. Teams evolve. MSU was the better team the first half of last year. If we'd played them again in December, we would have hung them from their lights by their jockstraps....

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or, even if we'd played them in October, they would have got their asses kicked. Right Ohio State?

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bulllllllllshiiiiiiiiiit.

The reason they lost at MSU last year was because they had terrible punt coverage and they dropped passes left and right. Tolzien won the Unitas Golden Arm Award last year and threw 11 for 25 that game. It wasn't because he was missing his receivers or MSU was playing spectacular coverage. Dropped passes only happened that game, but the coverage was an issue two weeks earlier when we almost lost to ASU for the same reason. We won by 1 point, but they had a 97 yard kick return TD and a 95 yard return to the 1 on the last play of the first half. 20 more seconds and Wisconsin wouldn't have been in the Rose Bowl.

I'm not saying this year will be different, because you are right that we haven't played anyone, but two things I'd like to point out:

A) We haven't narrowly escaped anyone this year, unlike ASU. One of the marks of a great team is they beat up teams who aren't great. We've done that this year - our narrowest margin of victory is 34 points. You don't see teams like LSU and Alabama struggling against cupcakes, and you don't see us doing it this year like we did last year against ASU or San Jose State.

B) We play at home. This is a big thing. I'm sure we don't have the longest current home winning streak, but 13 games is still pretty good. The Badgers are 46-4 at home under Bielema. If it were in Memorial Stadium, I'd say it's a coin flip game. In Madison? I'd say 2-1 Wisconsin. Last year, we lost two games to MSU and TCU, both away/neutral site games. Yes, the Huskers will bring a lot of folks to our stadium. However, they get a 3k allotment for an 80k capacity stadium, so... yeah. There won't be a blackout.

We'll see how it goes. Either way, it's gonna be one hell of a Jump Around! :lock1:

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you, but I'm saying this year will be different, Vade.

Last year, during the first four games, Toon suffered a hindering injury that really kept him from playing anywhere near his best for the rest of the season. Abbredaris was a walk on freshman. Clay got banged up again, so the blocking had to adjust to Ball and White....vs Clay's style. Most of the starting offensive line was actually still working through post injury recovery. We lost Borland in the ASU game. Our special teams had their heads up their poop chutes. And partially due to overcoming injuries during camp, guys just weren't in shape. They looked like a bunch of old men every time they had to get up off the ground, even against San Jose State.

This year guys seem pretty healthy. The UNLV game scared me because the defense looked sluggish, but I think they got it out of their system.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys. I'm having a hard time reading your text. I guess I better transfer to the SEC. That's a school, right? Team SEC? What is their mascot?

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Husker fan, I find myself struggling to keep from LOL'ing at Iowa fans looking for some kind of savior in other teams. Regardless of Saturdays outcome, the thunderchickens will STILL have to play Nebraska on the field. Wisconsin will not be able to save you there.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys. I'm having a hard time reading your text. I guess I better transfer to the SEC. That's a school, right? Team SEC? What is their mascot?

I think its a really fast guy with dreads smoking a joint rolled in his GED.