• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Artest

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah can't really argue. Wouldn't it be something if you added LeBron, Melo or another max contract guy to team up with Kobe. I don't want the Lakers to get 17, but that would be crazy as a fan of the NBA. I think LeBron has something up his sleeve for next summer. Either he demands the Heat get rid of Bosh and get someone else or him teaming up with stars somewhere else.

I'll respect Kobe at least has never turned his back on LA and it got ugly after Shaq left.
If Luol Deng wasn't going to be part of the Bulls Lakers trade plans in the summer of 07, Kobe would have been a Bull since 07-08 season, when he wanted traded from LA.

Since Deng was going to be part of it, Kobe would veto the deal because he would have to give the ok since he had a no trade clause in his contract.

Kobe objecting to Deng's inclusion in Bulls-Lakers trade - NBA - ESPN

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously?!? Talk about taking stuff personally!! There are NO Laker fans on here saying that Lebron will be a Laker or even stating that they want him to be a Laker!! You really need to stop with your fantasy world of what Laker fans think and hope for!!

hell, I DO believe I've been on record as saying I TRULY don't want him wearing my team's colors. some folks around here are as thick as a brick...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. Dwight should have put up Shaq like numbers against the two starting 7 footers Duncan and Splitter.

C'mon man.....:L

If he wants to be Shaq, he needs to step up like Shaq!! Duncan is old and past his prime and Splitter is a 7 footer who plays 6 feet tall!! So yes, that's what Dwight should have done!!

What he should NOT have done is exactly what he DID!! Let Pop's "Hack-A-Dwight" tactics frustrate him to the point that he got himself ejected!!

You can make all of the excuses that you want for him, but the fact is: He had the opportunity to come up big and he came up small instead!!

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he wants to be Shaq, he needs to step up like Shaq!! Duncan is old and past his prime and Splitter is a 7 footer who plays 6 feet tall!! So yes, that's what Dwight should have done!!

What he should NOT have done is exactly what he DID!! Let Pop's "Hack-A-Dwight" tactics frustrate him to the point that he got himself ejected!!

You can make all of the excuses that you want for him, but the fact is: He had the opportunity to come up big and he came up small instead!!

as far the excuses, you wouldn't hear a single one if D12 were still wearing purple and gold...

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as far the excuses, you wouldn't hear a single one if D12 were still wearing purple and gold...

THIS. He now has some more backers now that he doesn't don the purple and gold.....but may he enjoy the Houston Rockets

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll just agree to disagree, TF12

I just think your expectations for him were to high in the playoffs.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and if he would have played well next season, we would hear how happy LA fans are that he stayed.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll just agree to disagree, TF12

I just think your expectations for him were to high in the playoffs.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the Lakers should have won that series with Kobe, Nash and Pau (I believe) all out. I'm not even saying that they should have won a game with nothing but Dwight and the bench players available. But Dwight definitely could have and should have stepped up and played a whole lot better than he did!!

At the least, he shouldn't have gotten himself intentionally ejected in game 4!! How many years did Shaq put up with "Hack-A-Shaq"? He never intentionally got himself ejected from a game over it, especially not in the playoffs!!

Even if we disagree on whether or not he could have played better, certainly we should be able to agree on him getting himself ejected from the game!! That doesn't say too much about his leadership.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For being the best center in the league, and allegedly being close to his old self as playoffs rolled around, he became a hermit under the bright lights. None of the games did he put the team on the proverbial back and carry them.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar. “He's charming, he's charismatic, very nice young man,” Abdul-Jabbar said. “Maturity-wise, he doesn't get it."

When Abdul-Jabbar was asked about teaching Howard the sky hook, he said, “At least he'd have an offensive move.

“He gets the ball on offense, oh my God, he doesn't know what to do. It's usually a turnover, people come and take the ball from him or tie his arms up. Offensively, he doesn't get it. Hasn't made any progress. We (the Lakers, when Abdul-Jabbar was a special assistant coach) played them in '09, and when I saw him this past season, he was the same player.”

Don't think anyone can rip the greatest scorer of all-time who knows a thing or two about offense. Well said Cap!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For being the best center in the league, and allegedly being close to his old self as playoffs rolled around, he became a hermit under the bright lights. None of the games did he put the team on the proverbial back and carry them.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar. “He's charming, he's charismatic, very nice young man,” Abdul-Jabbar said. “Maturity-wise, he doesn't get it."

When Abdul-Jabbar was asked about teaching Howard the sky hook, he said, “At least he'd have an offensive move.

“He gets the ball on offense, oh my God, he doesn't know what to do. It's usually a turnover, people come and take the ball from him or tie his arms up. Offensively, he doesn't get it. Hasn't made any progress. We (the Lakers, when Abdul-Jabbar was a special assistant coach) played them in '09, and when I saw him this past season, he was the same player.”

Don't think anyone can rip the greatest scorer of all-time who knows a thing or two about offense. Well said Cap!

^^^THIS^^^

People can say what they want about Kobe. Call him a ballhog, a bad teammate, whatever!! Every single off-season, Kobe works to add something to his game!! Whether it's a new move, working on his jumper, going to Houston and learning post moves from Hakeem, etc., etc. He always tries to come back a better player in some aspect. It's what great players do!!

Some of the criticism of Lebron was that he never really worked to improve his game. He changed that, started working on his game in the off-season and he has 2 rings now!! I know, Iknow...he went to Miami and played on a stacked team (blah, blah), but without him improving his game, the Heat not only wouldn't have back to back titles, they may not even have one!!

Dwight has never shown a willingness to do this. There was his not contacting Kareem after expressing an interest in learning from him. Then, this past season, Steve Nash offered to help him with his free throw shooting....he declined the offer!! Smart move, a sub 50% free throw shooter blowing off one of the most accurate free throw shooters in league history!!

How is he ever going to expect his teammates to work to improve their games enough to win a title if he won't work on improving his own game?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every year since the new CBA, there has been rumors of Metta Nutcase being amnestied, but I just don't see it. The Lakers couldn't possibly replace Artest with another forward that would be just as good for what they have to offer now that they have used their mini mid-level exception. Artest is worth the 7 million they are paying him and the Lakers can't afford to blow up the team this year. Next season, however will be a different story

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the Lakers should have won that series with Kobe, Nash and Pau (I believe) all out. I'm not even saying that they should have won a game with nothing but Dwight and the bench players available. But Dwight definitely could have and should have stepped up and played a whole lot better than he did!!

At the least, he shouldn't have gotten himself intentionally ejected in game 4!! How many years did Shaq put up with "Hack-A-Shaq"? He never intentionally got himself ejected from a game over it, especially not in the playoffs!!

Even if we disagree on whether or not he could have played better, certainly we should be able to agree on him getting himself ejected from the game!! That doesn't say too much about his leadership.
Nash played the first 2 games avg. 30min and Pau played all 4 avg. 36min.

As far as getting ejected, I agree to a point. It was game 4 however, early in the 3rd and it was an 18pt Spur lead at the half. Under certain circumstances, I agree whole heartedly he shouldn't get thrown out. But LA was facing the inevitable and had no chance in coming back in the series.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as getting ejected, I agree to a point. It was game 4 however, early in the 3rd and it was an 18pt Spur lead at the half. Under certain circumstances, I agree whole heartedly he shouldn't get thrown out. But LA was facing the inevitable and had no chance in coming back in the series.

imagine if that's how Kobe would have played/behaved....he'd have been swore up and down on sports boards. But it's Dwight, so give the prima donna a pass.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LAKERSUSCBAM

imagine if that's how Kobe would have played/behaved....he'd have been swore
up and down on sports boards. But it's Dwight, so give the prima donna a
pass.
Yes, Kobe would have been laughed at, but in the end and under the circumstances, the outcome of the series wouldn't have been different.

Dwight was givin' a pass by Laker fans all season up until his........ "DECISION"

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nash played the first 2 games avg. 30min and Pau played all 4 avg. 36min.

So it's okay for a guy who wants to be a team leader to abandon his teammates and let them finish getting blown out without him? Really?!? That isn't the guy I want leading my team!!

Try all you want, but there is absolutely zero excuse for what he did!!

Forgot about Nash playing the first 2!! I know there was Kobe and 2 others that ended up being out!! Nash for the last 2 games and someone else. Thought it was Pau!!

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwight was givin' a pass by Laker fans all season up until his........ "DECISION"

had to cut him a lot of slack coming back from back surgery and I gave him props for even trying to be on the court at training camp. Even with a renewed bill of health, combination of D'Antoni's offensive schemes, and players not meshing well, he didn't distinguish himself as the premier center in the league when it mattered. His blase' disposition didn't endear him to many Lakers fans including me. And we weren't alone listening to the likes of Magic, Shaq, and Barkley saying similar about same traits.
I wish him well with Houston.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Kobe would have been laughed at, but in the end and under the circumstances, the outcome of the series wouldn't have been different.

No one said that the outcome of the series would have been different, but you don't say that you want to be "the man" and then abandon your team when the going gets tough!! You stay in there and battle with your teammates!! You are really reaching trying to defend that move!!

And no, Laker fans did NOT give Dwight a pass all season long and you repeating it over and over isn't going to change that!! Many Laker fans were wanting him traded at the deadline. Many who didn't want him traded at the deadline, wished he had been shortly after and by the end of the season, only a handful still wanted him to stay!!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Spurs cruised through the West and went 7 with the Heat.

Please explain why a Kobeless, injury plagued Laker team should have won any games.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One excuse after another.

Most Laker fans had 15 or so opening nights this season, and actually wished to play the Spurs in the playoffs.

Hope is blinding.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs cruised through the West and went 7 with the Heat.

Please explain why a Kobeless, injury plagued Laker team should have won any games.

You clearly have serious reading and comprehension difficulties!! I said that no one expected the Kobeless, injury plagued Lakers to win the a game, much less the series!!

I said that Dwight needed to play better and he needed to be the leader that he thinks he is and not get himself ejected so he didn't have to take the beating with the rest of his teammates!!

Did you have to practice to be this dumb or is it a natural talent?