• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ARod Gets The Last Laugh

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$61M for a full-time DH.

Enjoy that contract, Yankees.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he produces at bat you will see a lot of him at 1st base, if he doesn't, fake injury will sideline him

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still think it was bunk that the Yanks were able to get out from under one year of that contract. No way they were unaware when they signed him. They should have had to donate his salary to some sort of fund (either the league competitive balance funds or some sort of player pension trust or something similar). To punish the players while letting the teams get off scot-free is the epitome of hypocrisy.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First Base? Are they really that low on Teixeira now?

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think A-Rod's best days are behind him. Think he might decide to call it quits before the all star game next year especially with a slow start.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First Base? Are they really that low on Teixeira now?

Tex can't stay healthy and with the older guys Girardi likes to give guys days off.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think A-Rod's best days are behind him. Think he might decide to call it quits before the all star game next year especially with a slow start.

Not with 60 mil on the table. If he's horrible he might get waived but he'll get his money. I say spike his water with roids and then test him. Lifetime ban!

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he may get released, but he won't just burn $50+ million by quitting

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one that thinks ARod kills it this year? It really wouldn't shock me if he tops the 25 HR mark.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one that thinks ARod kills it this year? It really wouldn't shock me if he tops the 25 HR mark.

since he was using PED forever and never popped positive once, i think the odds are good that he could indeed to 25 HR.

there' plenty of PED left out there, and he passed tests for 15 years by using "mid-stream urine." no joke.

it took a paper trail and a squealer to get him. he won't make that same mistake again.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

indeed you're the only one in the world who believes that , Arod doesn't even believe it. If he hits over .230 with 12 hrs I'll be surprised. Someone said he "thinks" Arod's best days are behind him ,I think that's an understatement. He will have his hands full making a case for being an occasional DH. There is nothing left in the tank , especially when he has no additives in the mix. He's finished and I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't finish the yr. My prediction is that he is going to completely humiliate himself and be driven out of the game. By May 1 there will be whispers again the Yanks and Arod are talking about a buyout.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
indeed you're the only one in the world who believes that , Arod doesn't even believe it. If he hits over .230 with 12 hrs I'll be surprised. Someone said he "thinks" Arod's best days are behind him ,I think that's an understatement. He will have his hands full making a case for being an occasional DH. There is nothing left in the tank , especially when he has no additives in the mix. He's finished and I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't finish the yr. My prediction is that he is going to completely humiliate himself and be driven out of the game. By May 1 there will be whispers again the Yanks and Arod are talking about a buyout.

Outside of personal disdain what makes you think that? He hasn't been healthy for years, he just had a year off to heal and workout. I'm not saying it's a guarantee he'll hit 25 but what makes you think he'll be that terrible?

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arod will be 40 in July. He will suck and then get hurt. Again.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of personal disdain what makes you think that? He hasn't been healthy for years, he just had a year off to heal and workout. I'm not saying it's a guarantee he'll hit 25 but what makes you think he'll be that terrible?

take a glimpse at what we've last seen of Arod - a guy who can barely keep himself in a lousy lineup. he's 2 yrs older now and has hardly played in the last 2 yrs. Physically he's a wreck and getting worse. There is virtually no way he can contribute in any measureable way. I'm not saying I hate Arod and want him to die tomorrow becuz that isn't the case. I certainly don't like him but still no one in Yankeeland has any plans for this guy. The Yanks are expecting absolutely nothing from him and haven't really made an attempt to hide that. I just don't see how he has any chance to be an avg. player - above avg. is completely out of the question. My prediction is by May 1 the whispers of a buyout will start - all party's involved will deny it. By June 1 it will be a bit louder and at the All Star break he will be done. He holds all the cards for sure but he's a proud guy and is gonna have a hard time hitting .185 and striking out constantly. At some point he will not be able to take any more of it. Of course I'm saying all this as though Arod is gonna be healthy and given a chance to prove himself. What are the odds he's even remotely healthy? What are the chances he gets thru ST healthy ? Zero? Personally I'll be shocked if he leaves Tampa with the team when ST breaks.

jete02fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the trading of Prado probably puts Alex back in the 3b picture(at least as a BU)