• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Arizona

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we are on Wednesday, and there has been so much more talk about the PI controversy than there has been about our upcoming game against our Division rival Cardinals - and if pre-season ideas are any indication - our only real threat in the division.

Recent history has been kind to Seattle in Arizona - as the Hawks have won each of the last 3 meetings there, averaging 35 PPG while allowing a total of 34. The Cardinals, though, have one of the deepest passing offenses that the Seahawks will face all season - with 4 legitimate threats at WR and a very good pass catching RB. They will take advantage of misques on the defense like Atlanta did this past game.

The Cards' run defense has been all that good, but the Seahawks run offense hasn't been either. Really, it's consistency. The Cards D gives up 155 yards rushing on odd weeks and 53 on even weeks. So, which run defense shows up on Sunday is really anyone's guess. Seattle has a need to get the run game established, and that starts at the line and goes on to Michael and the other backs.

The Cards' pass defense has been much better, and since the Seahawks offense has been mostly passing all season, that could be the matchup to watch. Wilson hasn't thrown a pick since week one, while the Cards' live on that (9 picks so far this year). Baldwin and Graham will need help from Kearse and Lockett (knee issues) if the pass game is to continue to be effective. Seattle will also need to cut back on the drops - there were way too many last week.

I think this game will really come down to who plays better, Russell Wilson or Carson Palmer. Wilson is still hobbled by his leg injuries - even if he's still playing well, and Palmer has quite played up to last year's MVP-like performance.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been pounding the "we have to run" drum so far...

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this smells like a trap game

- Taking a Hot Zona team (after winning the past 2 straight)
- Coming off a tough Atlanta win
- Next is another good offense in New Orelans
- Divisional game

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cardinals are still not as good as the Seahawks.

Seahawks should win this one in a close game.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cardinals are still not as good as the Seahawks.

Seahawks should win this one in a close game.

That might be the smartest thing you said here.

I agree . But i can see this being a trap game

If i had to say a score

30-24 Seahawks

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I trust after last weeks third quarter implosion, our defense will be playing at an elevated level just to prove to themselves that there are the best at what they do. Low scoring but the Seahawks should win.

20-10 GO HAWKS!

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Palmer really doesn't scare me this year (probably going to eat those words later, but whatever). David Johnson on the other hand...well that mofo is a beast. Contain him and I think you can shut down the Cardinal offense.

Oddly enough the O-line has been pretty decent in pass protection the last few games. Run blocking is where they've struggled a bit more. Part of that is on Christine Michael who seems to be making a few too many bad reads even if he is getting in the end zone.

Lots of little things to work on but I think this is a pretty good match up for Seattle right now.

Let's hope Lockett has a repeat performance of last year's game in Glendale

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Palmer can't throw downfield.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks have a chance to start putting some good distance between themselves and both Arizona and LA with a win on Sunday night. Much like last week's game was big because it was a potential playoff preview, this game is big for giving the Seahawks some cushion heading into a November schedule that isn't exactly going to be filled with cupcakes. A two to three game lead on their nearest division rival headed into that portion of the schedule could come in handy.

The Rams play in London this week, which could go either way, but then they get four straight games against teams that just aren't that good. Arizona plays us of course, but then they get two games against teams that aren't that good followed by two games against teams that look really good. With the Hawks getting Buffalo, @New England and Philly back-to-back-to-back after the Saints on the road, they might need that multi-game cushion heading into November. Two of those three games are night games, with the New England game coming on the road six days after the Buffalo game. It's going to be an interesting five weeks.

I think with a healthy Chancellor, a healthy Clark, a healthy Bennett and an LOB that has solved its communication issues from last week, the Hawks should be able to handle Arizona's passing game. That means that stopping David Johnson will likely be the priority on defense. The Seahawks have the third best rushing defense in the league and Arizona has the fourth best rushing offense in the league, so it's gonna be strength on strength on Sunday.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Palmer's banged up so AZ is going to give David Johnson a heavy dose of touches in this game. He's going to get his yards but if limit the big explosive gains and manage to keep him out of the end zone more then once, I like our chances.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cards got back to looking more like the Cards the other night, but that was against the Jets after all. I still don't see them as being "back" though. If even 2 of Bennett/Clark/Kam are back for this game then we should be able to hold them off with the D. Our O has just trashed them at their place lately, but that was with a healthy RW and running game that was clicking. Should be fine on that side though with RW hitting with Graham and Baldwin. Maybe Prosise makes his return this week?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our rushing offense is definitely being affected by Russ not adding to that total, he simply hasn't been running when the opportunities have been there because he's just not ready .... Also Rawls being hurt hasn't helped, Michaels has done respectable though... I can see our rushing offense improving though once we get healthy...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cards beat absolute trash teams the past 2 weeks, granted we beat the same teams but they didnt honestly look that impressive doing it either

The jets couldnt get out of their own way and the niners are probably 1b worst team in the league

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kam was a no-go at practice yesterday. Bennett, Prosise, & Clark practiced fully.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kam was a no-go at practice yesterday. Bennett, Prosise, & Clark practiced fully.

That block on Bennett could a been a disaster... Thankfully he's fine... hopefully it's nothing that lingers on him either...

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cards got back to looking more like the Cards the other night, but that was against the Jets after all. I still don't see them as being "back" though. If even 2 of Bennett/Clark/Kam are back for this game then we should be able to hold them off with the D. Our O has just trashed them at their place lately, but that was with a healthy RW and running game that was clicking. Should be fine on that side though with RW hitting with Graham and Baldwin. Maybe Prosise makes his return this week?

They barely thew the ball downfield. They looked better than they did earlier this year, but not the Cards of the past few years. They look like a team trying to establish a new identity.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad the lot of you think so poorly of the Cards (deservedly so). You have guys calling it a trap game, others saying the last two wins were not impressive, etc.

Althoigh the Cards haven't looked like themselves, winning with a backup QB on the road, during a short week by double digits and then lighting up the top rushing defense with 175 rushing yards and a 24 point victory is not quite squeeqing by.

Nobody believes in the Cards anymore as evedevced by this thread. I'm hoping the Seahawks are feeling the same way. Cards play better as dogs. IMO this game will make or break their season.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad the lot of you think so poorly of the Cards (deservedly so). You have guys calling it a trap game, others saying the last two wins were not impressive, etc.

Althoigh the Cards haven't looked like themselves, winning with a backup QB on the road, during a short week by double digits and then lighting up the top rushing defense with 175 rushing yards and a 24 point victory is not quite squeeqing by.

Nobody believes in the Cards anymore as evedevced by this thread. I'm hoping the Seahawks are feeling the same way. Cards play better as dogs. IMO this game will make or break their season.

I don't think the Hawks will take a division rival lightly, especially since the game is on the road and in primetime. I do think that the Seahawks will gameplan for the Arizona running game and dare Palmer to beat them through the air and I wouldn't count on another communication breakdown with the LOB that leads to three touchdowns in one quarter. They also figure to get some players back from injury on defense that they didn't have at their disposal last week.

I expect it to be a good game.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would never take Cardinals lightly! The way they bring crazy blitzes on every play with a great secondary playing in your face man to man defense behind them, its always a war! We need Graham to play big this week against their linebackers and the inexperienced O line to pick up the heat! Gonna be good...Seahawks 24-14

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Cards have looked pretty damn bad most of the season so far, not really sure how anyone could put up an argument against that.

I don't believe in the trap game thing. Winning is too hard in this league for players and coaches to not give every game all they got. 25% of the total yards Seattle D has given up this season have happened in 2 qtrs.: 4th vs 49ers after it was 37-3, and then the 3rd qtr the other day vs Atlanta. Cards O has a tough test. They'll have to step it up big time to win this.