• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Arizona wins Defensive team of the year

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason you won was because of your pitching, specifically Kershaw. Your 250 million dollar payroll doesn't hurt either.

EEEEhhhh!! Incorrect if i recall the Dodgers through out the season would not give Kershaw run support. Thats why he finished 16-9 when he could of finished over 20 + wins, & it looked like for a minute that he was not going to problaby be the Legit Cy Young winner during the mid season until he picked up a few more wins towards the end.

The Dodgers won the division because of Hanley Ramirez & the rise of Yasiel Puig wich helped them get on a huge 42-8 run over the next 50 games when we where 9.5 games back on June 22...Both Han Ram & Puig where on fire! & carried the load :10:

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EEEEhhhh!! Incorrect if i recall the Dodgers through out the season would not give Kershaw run support. Thats why he finished 16-9 when he could of finished over 20 + wins, & it looked like for a minute that he was not going to problaby be the Legit Cy Young winner during the mid season until he picked up a few more wins towards the end.

The Dodgers won the division because of Hanley Ramirez & the rise of Yasiel Puig wich helped them get on a huge 42-8 run over the next 50 games when we where 9.5 games back on June 22...Both Han Ram & Puig where on fire! & carried the load :10:

I never like giving so much credit to 1-2 players in baseball, the Dodgers show an example why...

April - 3.88 ERA
May - 3.77 ERA
June - 3.78 ERA
July - 2.52 ERA
Aug - 2.03 ERA
Sept - 3.63 ERA

When you're giving as much credit as you are to Puig and Hanley, you're completely ignoring that the pitching dominated at a high level in July and August.

The Dodgers record in July and August was 42-12, and all the other months was 50-58. In June, Hanley and Puig hit a combined .412, and the Dodgers went 15-13...so if they were the 2 main reasons for the team's turnaround, why'd the team go only 15-13?

Last edited by a moderator:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rdrs according to Baseball-reference:

Royals: 95
Diamondbacks: 88
Pirates: 70
Brewers:60
Dodgers:49
Braves:47
Rangers:41
Reds: 34
Cubs: 29
Yanks: 23
O's: 19
Blue Jays: 15
Red Sox: 11
Rays: 10
Padres:9
Giants:6
Rockies: -2
Marlins: -3
Mets: -5
Twins: -8
Nats: -14
Cardinals: -37
Indians: -41
Astros: -41
WSox: -53
A's: -53
Angels: -61
Tigers: -64
M's: -97
Phillies: -100

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like the NL is superior in defense.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never like giving so much credit to 1-2 players in baseball, the Dodgers show an example why...

April - 3.88 ERA
May - 3.77 ERA
June - 3.78 ERA
July - 2.52 ERA
Aug - 2.03 ERA
Sept - 3.63 ERA

When you're giving as much credit as you are to Puig and Hanley, you're completely ignoring that the pitching dominated at a high level in July and August.

The Dodgers record in July and August was 42-12, and all the other months was 50-58. In June, Hanley and Puig hit a combined .412, and the Dodgers went 15-13...so if they were the 2 main reasons for the team's turnaround, why'd the team go only 15-13?

I said after June 22, is when the team took off they went 9 out of the next 10 games before the break of because of them 2, i saw all the games & Hanley was batting over .400 & Puig was batting at about .350 during the July Month. Han Ram was even in the MVP talk & had a 19 game hitting streak...WTF where you watching ??

Are you also forgetting how Puig gave them a huge Bolt when he arrived the team was dead & had no energy...Obviously you don't watch all the games like we do here in LA, Now i know are pitching steped up especially Greinke during the 2nd, half everybody did, but thats because these 2 guys carried the load..fact! & after the pre games everybody on the Dodger live post game TV & Dodger radio saw the same thing we all did.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTU8f3ZKdNY]Hanley Ramirez Launches a Huge Home Run - YouTube[/ame]

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said after June 22, is when the team took off they went 9 out of the next 10 games before the break of because of them 2, i saw all the games & Hanley was batting over .400 & Puig was batting at about .350 during the July Month. Han Ram was even in the MVP talk & had a 19 game hitting streak...WTF where you watching ??

Are you also forgetting how Puig gave them a huge Bolt when he arrived the team was dead & had no energy...Obviously you don't watch all the games like we do here in LA, Now i know are pitching steped up especially Greinke during the 2nd, half everybody did, but thats because these 2 guys carried the load..fact! & after the pre games everybody on the Dodger live post game TV & Dodger radio saw the same thing we all did.

Puig hit .287 in July....I think it's better you ask yourself "wtf was I watching," because .287 is a far cry from .350.

So with the fact that Puig wasn't that great in July (.287 AVG, .789 OPS), you're going to give him more credit than the the pitching staff?

That's not ridiculous at all..

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puig hit .287 in July....I think it's better you ask yourself "wtf was I watching," because .287 is a far cry from .350.

So with the fact that Puig wasn't that great in July (.287 AVG, .789 OPS), you're going to give him more credit than the the pitching staff?

Yes i am because he generated alot of energy also with his glove in the out field, funny how this time you didn't deny what Hanley did..Did you even watch all the games during the 42-8 streak ?? or you just going by stats because you didn't watch all games...get of the baseball reference & pay attention to the game live.

So let me guess your going to disagree with the Dodgers Post game experts that give their opinions & stats on all Dodger games here in LA are irrelevant, maybe i guess you know more then Bill Lyons & Rick Monday..Because i remember them putting Hanley in the MVP discussion during that run...

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Adding onto my prior post (I don't know why this board only allows you to edit for only 5 minutes after positing), look at some of the Dodgers' stretches:

The Dodgers ended August on a 16-5 run (.762 win %)...in those 21 games, Hanley hit .271 and Puig hit .269. The pitching staff had a 2.13 ERA. Was it Puig and Hanley that motivated the pitching to post a low 2's ERA while they weren't hitting well.....was it the "Puig" bolt that can make a pitching staff dominate? That's a good laugh.

And why are we starting at June 22? Hanley and Puig both played the first 3 weeks of June together, so how come you're ignoring that? I seems that you're picking and choosing arbitrary dates to support your already flimsy argument. Puig and Hanley both played throughout June, but the first 3 of June, they didn't motivate the team to win. Only after.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LALakersboy24.7;3946210[B said:
]Yes i am beca[/B]use he generated alot of energy also with his glove in the out field, funny how this time you didn't deny what Hanley did..Did you even watch all the games during the 42-8 streak ?? or you just going by stats because you didn't watch all games...get of the baseball reference & pay attention to the game live.

So let me guess your going to disagree with the Dodgers Post game experts that give their opinions & stats on all Dodger games here in LA are irrelevant, maybe i guess you know more then Bill Lyons & Rick Monday..Because i remember them putting Hanley in the MVP discussion during that run...

Well I already know that you make stuff up, so your credibility was already low to begin with.

Puig hitting .350 in June...that's a good one. Did the post-game "experts" tell you that? And what makes one a 'post game expert.'

Is John Kruk an expert because he's on ESPN? I'll never forget the time he predicted that Randy Johnson would win 30 games in 2005 with the Yankees. Is Mitch Williams an expert b/c he's on tv? Have you heard the things coming out of their mouths? David Justice used to do the post-game after the Yankees...and I'll tell you, David Justice has a hard time making a coherent statement.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't say I was expecting to see the Brewers fourth in DRS.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I already know that you make stuff up, so your credibility was already low to begin with.

Puig hitting .350 in June...that's a good one. Did the post-game "experts" tell you that? And what makes one a 'post game expert.'

Is John Kruk an expert because he's on ESPN? I'll never forget the time he predicted that Randy Johnson would win 30 games in 2005 with the Yankees. Is Mitch Williams an expert b/c he's on tv? Have you heard the things coming out of their mouths? David Justice used to do the post-game after the Yankees...and I'll tell you, David Justice has a hard time making a coherent statement.

Who's we ?? :laugh3: you making it seem like if Hanley & Puig didn't do jack during the 42-8 run...Like i said did you watch all 42-8 games or did you only watch the ones televised on ESPN...Get Real!

And i did give credit to the pitching staff also becauase they stepped up, but for you to deny that Puig didn't give the Dodgers a bolt is irrelevant...once again did you watch those 50 games & see how Puig mania electrified the team & fan base ???? huh?

Are you also going to say that Hanley was not their MVP during that run ?? if so what games did you watch then ? :L

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did this award come into existence? (I think I already dislike it more than the 18 Gold Gloves combined.)

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's we ?? :laugh3: you making it seem like if Hanley & Puig didn't do jack during the 42-8 run...Like i said did you watch all 42-8 games or did you only watch the ones televised on ESPN...Get Real!

And i did give credit to the pitching staff also becauase they stepped up, but for you to deny that Puig didn't give the Dodgers a bolt is irrelevant...once again did you watch those 50 games ???? huh?

Are you also going to say that Hanley was not their MVP during that run ?? if so what games did you watch then ? :L

My goodness you are twisting everything I said...

1. Why are you ignoring the first 3 weeks of June? I still want that answer. If you're going to exaggerate on the effect that 2 players could have on the entire team, how come the Dodgers didn't play well those first 3 weeks of June when both Hanley and Puig played? Why did the team take off when the pitching took off, and not when the combination of Hanley/Puig took off in early June? That to me shows that the pitching has a bigger impact than you're giving credit for.

2. I know you're giving some credit to pitching, but to say 2 position players are more responsible for success than an entire pitching staff is ridiculous. The two players get what, 8-10 plate appearances a game combined?

3. I never said Puig and Hanley didn't give a 'bolt,' but what I am arguing is how much of a 'bolt' is there when they were able to go 16-5 during a stretch where Puig hit .269 and Hanley hit .271? Did they save 3 runs a game with his defense or something?...we're not talking Ozzie Smith and Willie Mays here in the field.

4. Hanley may have been the single best Dodger player during the 50 game stretch, but he wasn't more important than an entire pitching staff.

5. What makes one a post-game expert? Does being a former player (since they tend to get these jobs) automatically make you an expert?

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My goodness you are twisting everything I said...

1. Why are you ignoring the first 3 weeks of June? I still want that answer. If you're going to exaggerate on the effect that 2 players could have on the entire team, how come the Dodgers didn't play well those first 3 weeks of June?

2. I know you're giving some credit to pitching, but to say 2 position players are more responsible for success than an entire pitching staff is ridiculous. The two players get what, 8-10 plate appearances a game combined?

3. I never said Puig didn't give a 'bolt,' but what I am arguing is how much of a 'bolt' is there when they were able to go 16-5 during a stretch where he hit .269 with an under .800 OPS? Did he save 3 runs a game with his defense or something?

4. Hanley may have been the single best Dodger player during the 50 game stretch, but he wasn't more important than an entire pitching staff.

5. What makes one a post-game expert? Does being a former player (since they tend to get these jobs) automatically make you an expert?

1. I clearly mentioned what the Dodgers did after Jun22 form the start & i clearly stated that to you, I dont care what they did before the 3 weeks because thats not when they went on the run & i never said anything about prior to June 22 read my comment below.

2. Yea & those Plate Appearances Hanley was driving in the runs...the rest of the line up was also now seeing pitches..are you forgetting how bad we whee with RISP..it was a joke trustt me i saw those games

3. And yes he did safe a couple of runs with his arms he 2 double play catch & A through out to 1st & another game to 3rd base

4. I disagree i believe Hanley was the most important factor, because we werent driving in any runs & theirs no point for the pitching staff to do well if no runs are coming in & 2nd our BP wasen't great with Belesario & League...ask all Dodger fans about those 2 :L

5. I never said anything about me being an expert..so i dont know what you got that from..I'm a Dodger fan that follows my team & get my sources from experts who work & travel with the team on a day to day basis, and dont forget that here In LA they have their own Dodger channel for every game pre game & post game updates all day long more then someone that lives in anotherr city.

I answered all your questions & now you still have avoided mines...DID YOU WATCH ALL THE THOSE 50 GAMES DURING THAT RUN ??? hurry because your making me miss some of the Laker game buddy!

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4. I disagree i believe Hanley was the most important factor, because we werent driving in any runs & theirs no point for the pitching staff to do well if no runs are coming in & 2nd our BP wasen't great with Belesario & League...ask all Dodger fans about those 2 :L

So you really think one player in Hanley was more important than Kershaw, Greinke, Ryu, Nolasco, Jansen, Howell, Rodriguez all combined during those 50 games?

Let me ask it this way....if Hanley was replaced with a league average shortstop during those 50 games, would the Dodgers have more or less wins than if all of those pitchers were replaced with league average pitchers during the 50 games?

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you really think one player in Hanley was more important than Kershaw, Greinke, Ryu, Nolasco, Jansen, Howell, Rodriguez all combined during those 50 games?

Let me ask it this way....if Hanley was replaced with a league average shortstop during those 50 games, would the Dodgers have more or less wins than if all of those pitchers were replaced with league average pitchers during the 50 games?

I just answered your question my God I said yes during those 50 games...obviously he was the MVP..I told you clearly we weren't scoring with RISP..I'm not answering that same question again. THATS MY IMO if you like it or not!

My god they would suck with out him, Kershaw was not getting run support also almost all season..did you see how bad we where with out him in the playoffs during the Cardinals with that RIB injury ?? & you also saw how in game 1 taking out A -Gon was liking taking the bat away from Hanley..once that happend we lost the game...thats how important he was to the line up..especially with Kemp out!

Once again you still avoiding my question & i answer yours already...you answering yes or no will tell me alot about what you know about the team beyond just stats.. DID YOU WATCH THE ALL 50 GAMES DURING THAT RUN ??? HELLOOO!!

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just answered your question my God I said yes during those 50 games...obviously he was the MVP..I told you clearly we weren't scoring with RISP..I'm not answering that same question again. THATS MY IMO if you like it or not!

My god they would suck with out him, Kershaw was not getting run support also almost all season..did you see how bad we where with out him in the playoffs during the Cardinals with that RIB injury ?? & you also saw how in game 1 taking out A -Gon was liking taking the bat away from Hanley..once that happend we lost the game...thats how important he was to the line up..especially with Kemp out!

Once again you still avoiding my question & i answer yours already...you answering yes or no will tell me alot about what you know about the team beyond just stats.. DID YOU WATCH THE ALL 50 GAMES DURING THAT RUN ??? HELLOOO!!

Nope, I didn't, and I don't need to....fans have selective memory when it comes to their team, and I don't see how it's any different here. Your selective memory led you to think Puig hit .350 in July when he was only at .287. Fans tend to overrated the teams/players they like, that's just the way it is.

Stats on the other hand record what actually happened, not what someone remembered/felt happening. When it comes to something like this, I will take what the stats say over the fan's selective memory every time.

If you ask Yankee fans for example, and many will tell you Jeter was a good fielder...those fans will remember the great plays more than the bad plays. I'll take the stats that show he wasn't a good fielder over what those fans felt, just as I'll take the stats that say Puig wasn't that good in July over your thought that he dominated in July. Nothing against you personally, but fans have that inherent bias when it comes to their team (just as fans of division rivals will tend to underrate players on rivals).

And no, I'm not a Dodgers hater....they're my favorite NL team (I grew up spending summers with my aunt in LA and used to go to a lot of Dodger games back in the mid to late '90s).