• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Arizona @ #16 Washington

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FgqIDAU.png

Last season UW lost 52-17 @ Arizona and clearly looked gassed on defense. Scott and Carey combined to create a nightmare game that marked the worst of the season of UW.

Conference opener for two Pac12 teams who both feature the uptempo no huddle offense.

5th year sr QB #17 Keith Price will see if the successes of the OOC can be duplicated against a Pac12 defense. He will be throwing to Austin Seferian-Jenkins who may be one of the nations top TE as well as stand out WR Kasen Williams. RB Bishop Sankey had an incredible year last season despite running behind an injury depleted line.

UW's defense has focused on the uptempo no huddle ever since spring. After the beating they took against Arizona last year finding a way to play this style and have their defense more able to handle it was a huge priority. They have all of their injured players from last year back and showed a lot of depth over the OOC. Can they put last year behind them and show they are ready for prime time versus a very fast uptempo offense?

Arizona comes in with last seasons national rushing leader Ka'Deem Carey and a freshman starting QB in BJ Denker. Scott left for the NFL and now the reigns get passed off to a left handed QB who already has 224 on the ground.

It's the zone read option offense vs the pro set. Arizona's 3-3-5 defense vs an emerging UW defense at the brand new Husky Stadium.

Preseason is over boys. It's big boy football. Let's get it on.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expect a lot of Zona run with Carey and read option style with Denker. We contain that, I love our chances for a big W because their passing game is very suspect.

Arizona D is going be facing a few different Husky team than they did last year. We go full umtempo too and the RB and WR corps are 100%.

I think we got this one with it at home and our D now well trained against the uptempo.

Huskies win by 10+. Go Dawgs!!!

max-waugh-university-of-washington-washington-helmet-raise.jpg

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I think Huskies win it going away. As much as I hate them, I think the Huskies have a real chance of heading in to the Oregon game undefeated. What a crazy game that will be, Gameday will be there for sure.....

I think Arizona hangs around until about middle of the 3rd, then UW pulls away,

UW 42
Zona 27

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I think Huskies win it going away. As much as I hate them, I think the Huskies have a real chance of heading in to the Oregon game undefeated. What a crazy game that will be, Gameday will be there for sure.....

UW 42
Zona 27

While of course with the new facilities and the ramifications of this game, you would think they would come up here. Oct in the PACNW as a perfect backdrop and easily one of the PAC12 games of the year. A perfect setting for a gameday broadcast.

But were talking about ESPNSEC Game day.

Alabama @ Kentucky
A&M @ Ole Miss
Bowling Green @ Miss St
Florida @ LSU
Mizz @ Georgia

Just spin the wheel, ESPN will pick one of those instead.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so fast (see what I did there). An excuse to visit the brand new stadium just might tip them to coming up here, but let's not put the cart in front of the horse here. Let's see what Stanford does vs WSU before we go salivating over two unbeaten teams playing at husky stadium in two weeks.

Even if UW beats Arizona going to palo alto and beating a Stanford team that will not be taking the game for granted given last year is a tall task to say the least.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is the day of the Red River Shootout. Oklahoma vs Texas no matter how average they look will likely always get game day over anyother.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so fast (see what I did there). An excuse to visit the brand new stadium just might tip them to coming up here, but let's not put the cart in front of the horse here. Let's see what Stanford does vs WSU before we go salivating over two unbeaten teams playing at husky stadium in two weeks.

Even if UW beats Arizona going to palo alto and beating a Stanford team that will not be taking the game for granted given last year is a tall task to say the least.

I think this game will say a lot about both teams. If Arizona can hang around most of the game and make it interesting or even pull out a win then Washington either isn't as good as advertised or AZ is legit. If Washington can win handily and do it in impressive fashion then I think they will have solidified themselves as a serious threat in the Pac. I need to watch UW play a full game before I say this but from what I've seen this year I think you guys will actually matchup well with Stanford this year. I think you could take them down. Again... I've only watched 2 quarters of the Huskies so far this year so after this game I will have a better idea of how good you guys really are.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While of course with the new facilities and the ramifications of this game, you would think they would come up here. Oct in the PACNW as a perfect backdrop and easily one of the PAC12 games of the year. A perfect setting for a gameday broadcast.

But were talking about ESPNSEC Game day.

Alabama @ Kentucky
A&M @ Ole Miss
Bowling Green @ Miss St
Florida @ LSU
Mizz @ Georgia

Just spin the wheel, ESPN will pick one of those instead.

I guarantee you they will not pass up a trip to Seattle if UW is undefeated. But that means you have to beat Stanford. Even with that, the magnitude of this rivalry, like you mentioned new digs, top 25 matchup even if you lose to Stanford. WOuldnt surprise me if they go to Seattle.

But if it is a battle of unbeatens. Its a lock.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UW 42
Zona 27

Are you nuts, Fla will be in playing LSU, why in the fuck would ESPIN be at a Wash/Oreg game...:lol:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this game will say a lot about both teams. If Arizona can hang around most of the game and make it interesting or even pull out a win then Washington either isn't as good as advertised or AZ is legit. If Washington can win handily and do it in impressive fashion then I think they will have solidified themselves as a serious threat in the Pac. I need to watch UW play a full game before I say this but from what I've seen this year I think you guys will actually matchup well with Stanford this year. I think you could take them down. Again... I've only watched 2 quarters of the Huskies so far this year so after this game I will have a better idea of how good you guys really are.

The only two games Stanford lost last year were vs teams that huddle. You don't wear out their defense with the uptempo stuff. I'll reserve any thoughts of that game until I see Stanford and UW play this weekend. It's just too early to know how any of our teams are going do over the course of the season. As I said, for me it is all about #17 and the lingering questions about his big play ability (or lack there of) in clutch time against big teams. Need to see how he does in this game before anyone starts thinking about gameday or any match ups down the road.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ducks are rooting for us to beat Stanford for the obvious reasons. They want to keep Furd out of the PACChampGame and want us to beat ourselves up down there so they can have it easier when they come to our house the following week. They also want us to beat Furd so our ranking will be higher and more justification for them to make the NCG game if they beat us. While I like our chances against this Stanford team, it's at Palo Alto, and it will take a basically flawless defensive performance like we had last year against them. Their lines are insane and it will tough.

But one game at a time. All I care about right now is a solid W against Zona.

Last edited by a moderator:

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it'll be a close game for 3 quarters before Washington pulls away. UA just doesn't have the depth on defense to keep up in a fast paced game for 4 quarters. I don't think their offense is nearly as good as it was last year, but it is still potent enough to keep them in the game.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game has more than enough interesting story lines to make it worthy of full attention.
Price vs Denker - 5th yr sr against a frosh
Carey vs Sankey - both top flight backs last year. Carey has the edge on paper, but on the road? we will see.
Uptempo Pro set vs Uptempo zone read - UW's balanced offense with lots of passes both down field and screens with a downhill running game against the run first, run second, and run third option.
3-3-5 defense vs 4-3 defense - The unique cover 3 back defense vs more man coverage and a mix of more traditional zone schemes.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ducks are rooting for us to beat Stanford for the obvious reasons. They want to keep Furd out of the PACChampGame and want us to beat ourselves up down there so they can have it easier when they come to our house the following week. They also want us to beat Furd so our ranking will be higher and more justification for them to make the NCG game if they beat us. While I like our chances against this Stanford team, it's at Palo Alto, and it will take a basically flawless defensive performance like we had last year against them. Their lines are insane and it will tough.

But one game at a time. All I care about right now is a solid W against Zona.

First off Bravo on the early excuses for another loss to the Ducks.

Secondly, LOL @ Oregon needs Washington "Beat up" to beat them again. Seriously? With all the ass kickings do you really think Duck fans give a shit what health your team is in when we play you?

Lastly. Oregon is a combined 21-5 vs Stanford and Washington over the last 13 seasons.

Majority answer = Oregon beats both schools.

Look forward to watching this game, but your statement is laughable.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will probably leave at 5:30 for the ASU game. So I could watch like a quarter of this.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game has more than enough interesting story lines to make it worthy of full attention.
Price vs Denker - 5th yr sr against a frosh
Carey vs Sankey - both top flight backs last year. Carey has the edge on paper, but on the road? we will see.
Uptempo Pro set vs Uptempo zone read - UW's balanced offense with lots of passes both down field and screens with a downhill running game against the run first, run second, and run third option.
3-3-5 defense vs 4-3 defense - The unique cover 3 back defense vs more man coverage and a mix of more traditional zone schemes.

Wanna see this. I always thought our defense was unique.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot say this, I cannot say this....Frick!!!! Go cats. Sorry Huskies, if you grew up a fan of another PAC team in the Don James era you would root against the Huskies too.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot say this, I cannot say this....Frick!!!! Go cats. Sorry Huskies, if you grew up a fan of another PAC team in the Don James era you would root against the Huskies too.

I don't think the Husky fans here are old enough to recall how douchey their team and fans were back then or why we hate their team