• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Arian Foster just retired

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great RB for about 3 years...got a nice 2nd contract, and not much production after that...not bad for UDFA.

Yeah, kinda true for most backs. They outperform that first deal and when they are good, they underperform the big one.

As for him, nice back, fit perfectly in that Kubiak/Shanahan scheme. And just goes to show how hard it is for backs to come back from those major injuries.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, kinda true for most backs. They outperform that first deal and when they are good, they underperform the big one.

As for him, nice back, fit perfectly in that Kubiak/Shanahan scheme. And just goes to show how hard it is for backs to come back from those major injuries.

Being from the state...I try to keep an eye on the Vols (they're not back) and wonder how he went undrafted, but it worked in his favor for sure...scheme and talent were a great fit as you said.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved Foster. I remember the first year when he absolutely crushed it. I drafted him in the 4th round and some people in the league said "who?" I just laughed at them. Perfect back for that Kubiak run game.

Yeah, my big cash league has a keeper system where you keep one player, every year in the round he was drafted him. Guy drafted him in the damn 15th round when the consensus was that Slaton was their feature back. He got to have Foster in the 15th round every year of his career.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I followed him on Twitter for a while because he is a very intellectual dude. I wonder if he will come back to coach or find some way to work in football. I know he can be successful in just about anything he does. I wish him luck

Yeah, very smart guy. However, I'm an atheist as well and I didn't like the stories about how he'd preach to teammates challenging their religious beliefs. Not a fan of preaching about that kind of stuff, whether it's about a god, or about a lack of belief in any god. I mean, especially in a football locker room. Just not an appropriate place for it. IMO

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish him the best but he simply couldn't play so best for all parties. Will allow Drake to get some time...

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hall of Fame

Is where he can go, because he has time on his hands and can probably get a free ticket to go.