• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are we shopping Claiborne?

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you say we can't afford to lose him this year, but you are already fine with him being gone after this year? What changes other than Carr may also be on his way out if his play doesn't improve. Shouldn't we wait to see how this year goes for him if we "can't afford to lose him this year"?

As far as being worth the #6 pick, he doesn't EVER have to show that to justify being on the team. All he has to show is we are a better team with him than without him.

I am not saying we can't afford to lose him this year. A perennial 8-8 team can afford to lose anyone, if you can't win with the guy, you sure as hell can lose without him. What I am saying is there is no reason to create another hole on the defense that will need to be filled when there are plenty to worry about this offseason. Dallas should worry about that problem next year when the current slew of problems is behind the team.

Again, I have said before that I would like to see Claiborne get a chance with a real cover safety behind him. And I am all for him getting that opportunity this coming season -- provided Dallas gets a real cover Safety. However, I have zero faith that this guy will be anything other than what he has been. Too many nagging injuries, not enough production, and he flat out fails the eye ball test. And let me be the first to say that I am no scout. So take my opinion for what it's worth -- Nothing.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying we can't afford to lose him this year. A perennial 8-8 team can afford to lose anyone, if you can't win with the guy, you sure as hell can lose without him. What I am saying is there is no reason to create another hole on the defense that will need to be filled when there are plenty to worry about this offseason. Dallas should worry about that problem next year when the current slew of problems is behind the team.

Again, I have said before that I would like to see Claiborne get a chance with a real cover safety behind him. And I am all for him getting that opportunity this coming season -- provided Dallas gets a real cover Safety. However, I have zero faith that this guy will be anything other than what he has been. Too many nagging injuries, not enough production, and he flat out fails the eye ball test. And let me be the first to say that I am no scout. So take my opinion for what it's worth -- Nothing.

Sorry, maybe I was confused and thought when you said: "While the team can not afford to lose him this year" that you meant it??? Sometimes I get mixed up between can't and can not, so excuse me if I was wrong...

If the nagging injuries continue you will likely be proven right. My thinking is a young kid is due to have a relatively healthy season and also that it is only fair to allow him to learn the system and play to his strengths. I'm thinking one or both happens this year. Let's see how this year goes. I'm not claiming I'll definitely be right on him.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, maybe I was confused and thought when you said: "While the team can not afford to lose him this year" that you meant it??? Sometimes I get mixed up between can't and can not, so excuse me if I was wrong...

If the nagging injuries continue you will likely be proven right. My thinking is a young kid is due to have a relatively healthy season and also that it is only fair to allow him to learn the system and play to his strengths. I'm thinking one or both happens this year. Let's see how this year goes. I'm not claiming I'll definitely be right on him.

Simply a miscommunication on my part. I didn't proof read. And I should have been more thorough in my explanation.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was mostly joking. I kind of knew what you meant

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again....matters to me what people say on this board. I never labeled you a troll. I just find it funny how people come back to say they said something months ago as if anyone remembers....Thus the star on your shirt reference. Arlington Cowboy said when drafted that Claiborne and Carter were busts....now that is remembered.

You guys might have a point after this next season

I think last season had a lot more to do with young players learning a new scheme than necessarily being busts. I think both those guys bounce back and have great seasons, provided they can stay healthy