• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LIST OF THE TOP 25 FREE AGENTS

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lovie's devensessucked at times also.

I hope you're wrong, but fear you are right. He's probably following Lovie to Tampa.

I would like to be wrong and I'm not so sure he will go with Lovie either. Its hard to say. Hopefully he wants to keep his family here.

C

cubzzzfanincali

He doesn't want to play safety, but I'm sure if the money is right he will stay here.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wants to finish with the team he started with. He,ll be back. (Tillman)

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why isn't Henry Melton on there. Or the best QB in the league? I wonder how our free agents stack up?

I seen the list on NFL.com.............It only went 25 deep.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of these guys will never see the open market. Of the ones on here who might and that who i,d want on be bears, I think Starks makes the most sense.

Melton isn't on there for a couple of reasons, but one of them is we don't know if be will ever be the same after his injury.

This is why I said Graham and Hardy would not be going anywhere.....But i see orakapo possibly wanting to get the hell out from underneath Snyder and his mess of a team.
I think it would be a great signing.......
Thurmond and bennett we can forget about.With where they are at now,why would they break that team up?
And i def do not want Raji or Shields,unless of course we could use them for inside info.:nod:

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its hard to present sarcasm

I seen the list on NFL.com.............It only went 25 deep.

I was trying to be sarcastic.......I'm gonna take a writing course over the summer to try to hone(?) My writing skills......You see I asked why the best QB in the league isnt a top 25 FA.!!!!!

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was trying to be sarcastic.......I'm gonna take a writing course over the summer to try to hone(?) My writing skills......You see I asked why the best QB in the league isnt a top 25 FA.!!!!!

Its hard to sense sarcasm unless someone lets the readers know this,so no big deal..........And I have no clue about this qb you`re talking about.:rollseyes:

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seahawks have some tough decisions

This is why I said Graham and Hardy would not be going anywhere.....But i see orakapo possibly wanting to get the hell out from underneath Snyder and his mess of a team.
Thurmond and bennett we can forget about.With where they are at now,why would they break that team up?
And i def do not want Raji or Shields,unless of course we could use them for inside info.:nod:

The seahawks have just 5 million cap space for next season. 19 expirirng contract and some tough decisions to make. Bennet and Thurmond may not be in the cards with other teams offering contracts the seahawks won't be able to accommodate. The Bears if they choose can make the same sorta splash the made last season with Bushrod and Bennet.....its gonna be a fun off-season and a tough one for Emery.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

cubzzzfanincali

Here is why I wouldn't sign Orakpo (who agree will probably hit the open market). He will be expensive, but he doesn't fill the Bears top roster voids, and where he would even play on the Bears is problematic. In theory, it sure sounds like Emery wants to move Shea to be a pass rushing-type linebacker, which is exactly what Orakpo is. Now, if Shea were not a #1 draft pick, I'd say "who cares" and consider signing Orakpo anyway, but he was a #1, and organizations don't get better by overlapping #1 picks with expensive free agents. You have to see and hope that the Shea move works. Plus we have already just used 2 other higher picks on linebackers.

I think for what cap space we've got, we need to sign some bodies on the line, and maybe (depending on the draft) in the secondary. If we were to sign a linebacker in free agency, I would strongly, strongly, strongly expect it to by an inside linebacker, one whose strength is run defense.

Hey, I could be wrong, but that's my read on Orakpo.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Its hard to sense sarcasm unless someone lets the readers know this,so no big deal..........And I have no clue about this qb you`re talking about.:rollseyes:

JOSH McCOWN.......THE KIDS GONNA BE A HIT IN THIS LEAGUE......THE KIDS GOT A LOT OF YEARS AHEAD OF HIM......YADA YADA YADA.

THAT IS SOME OF THE THINGS PEOPLE WERE SPEWING ON TALK RADIO

:lol:

C

cubzzzfanincali

The seahawks have just 5 million cap space for next season. 19 expirirng contract and some tough decisions to make. Bennet and Thurmond may not be in the cards with other teams offering contracts the seahawks won't be able to accommodate. The Bears if they choose can make the same sorta splash the made last season with Bushrod and Bennet.....its gonna be a fun off-season and a tough one for Emery.

The Seahawks free agents are going to all be overpriced. They are solid players but the problem with buying guys off well-balanced, deep teams who go far into the playoffs is that they command more than they are worth when they go to cash in.

From that list, the guys who might be worth looking at and may well hit the open market and who we might be able to afford would be Byrd, Starks, Grimes, and Hatcher (although I suspect he will get too much). Most of the rest of those guys I'd really expect will be re-signed or they aren't worth it, IMO.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If if if we pick up Ragi then 3 4 here we come.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN just reported : Josh McCown doesn't plan on retiring shoud be a coveted free agent.........get the armoured truck ready Josh...you are going to be a bazillionaire. And we may want to update the top 25 list.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is why I wouldn't sign Orakpo (who agree will probably hit the open market). He will be expensive, but he doesn't fill the Bears top roster voids, and where he would even play on the Bears is problematic. In theory, it sure sounds like Emery wants to move Shea to be a pass rushing-type linebacker, which is exactly what Orakpo is. Now, if Shea were not a #1 draft pick, I'd say "who cares" and consider signing Orakpo anyway, but he was a #1, and organizations don't get better by overlapping #1 picks with expensive free agents. You have to see and hope that the Shea move works. Plus we have already just used 2 other higher picks on linebackers.

I think for what cap space we've got, we need to sign some bodies on the line, and maybe (depending on the draft) in the secondary. If we were to sign a linebacker in free agency, I would strongly, strongly, strongly expect it to by an inside linebacker, one whose strength is run defense.

Hey, I could be wrong, but that's my read on Orakpo.

I really don`t think we would sign him anyways........But he`d be the guy I`d go after.

And as far as Shea.......he blows.:gaah:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JOSH McCOWN.......THE KIDS GONNA BE A HIT IN THIS LEAGUE......THE KIDS GOT A LOT OF YEARS AHEAD OF HIM......YADA YADA YADA.

THAT IS SOME OF THE THINGS PEOPLE WERE SPEWING ON TALK RADIO

:lol:

:rollseyes:

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I fully believe McCown is going to get a huge pay day, there are like 10 teams that could use his "talent" right now, I think if we go F/A D line, then a pass rusher would be awful nice. However, that really all depends upon what other Bears players are resigned which would also influence how we draft.

Edit: Heh, I just said a whole lot of nothing. Bah.