• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are there any guarantees that Houston actually wants Me-Lo?

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious if anyone has heard anything from the Houston side of things.

So it's apparent that he'll only accept a trade to the Rockets, and has done nothing to shoot down those rumors. Considering his past experience under Mike D'Antoni was an unmitigated disaster, is there any actual guarantee that Houston actually wants him? His iso-heavy skill set makes him a poor fit in D'Antoni's seven-seconds-or-less offense, where Ryan Anderson is a much better three-point shooter and talent aside is a much better fit.

New York may be stuck with him for at least one more year, and given everything that's taken place within the NBA this summer, they may have a roster that's good enough to compete for a playoff spot in the awful east. They may ultimately be better off letting him walk as a free agent and not taking someone else's garbage contract in return.

All in all, something tells me that Me-Lo is sitting at his home somewhere soaking up all the media attention at someone else's expense. He did this his final season in Denver as well. (Remember George Karl anyone? :scratch:)

True fact: For those that don't already know, I would not be a Nuggets fan today if it weren't for this tool leaving.:clap:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Rockets want him?

Yes. I think it is pretty safe to say they do.

Are they willing to trade 2 or 3 important role players to get him? That is a much different question. It appears for now they are not. My guess is that New York will eventually buy him out, even if it is mid season. Melo and the Rockets best course of action is to stay patient.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he has the name recognition to attract higher paying buyers.

Plus, if it will get them from under the remaining years of Ryan Anderson's deal, all the better.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Rockets want him?

Yes. I think it is pretty safe to say they do.

Are they willing to trade 2 or 3 important role players to get him? That is a much different question. It appears for now they are not. My guess is that New York will eventually buy him out, even if it is mid season. Melo and the Rockets best course of action is to stay patient.

There aren't many options, as a lot of Houston's assets are tied up until Dec as new acquisitions. Anderson/Ariza for Melo is the framework, and NY will probably reject Anderson's contract. Houston may have to sweeten with picks or young players.