• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are there any CBS message board refugees here?

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wilwhite here. I've decided ESPN is annoying. My big question is what happens here when the thread gets long? We ended up with thousands of replies on the MBBRL thread...

Hey Will! Good to see you/ Are the rest of the guys coming too?
Sam:suds:

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no clue who Wil White is but since you all do, I guess I take that as a complement.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam, I've made this the official (if temporary) home of the MBBRL and sent out an e-mail asking people to check in (I started a new MBBRL thread here).

Reverend, the MBBRL has a hallowed history. It began as a fantasy football league on a sports site once known as Not-A-Piece-of-Crap, where I had the honor of gathering the best football minds on the message boards - along with the single worst - to begin a tradition that has now spanned more than a fiftieth of a century.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and mad props for rescuing Joe's avi. Wouldn'a been the same without it.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and mad props for rescuing Joe's avi. Wouldn'a been the same without it.

So you were the driving force that lead your young protégé tlance to start the MBBRL for baseball, a group which I proud to be a member of.
My hats off to you. I started going on those boards after I stopped playing fantasy football, otherwise I would have known who you were.

And if anyone else lost their logo, just let me know what name they went by on (the site that shall not be named), there's a decent chance I'll be able to get it back.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rev Jim, since you helped with my avitar rescue, I have another problem I'm hoping that you can help me with? Random ads are popping up at the bottom of my screen - it just started in the last week. Is there a way to get rid of them?

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having trouble changing my profile and adding an avitar. Any suggestions?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scape, scroll up to the quick links and you can edit your profile. I believe a menu will open on the left of the window where you can add a profile avi.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scapegoat, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

So far this is all I get. Maybe it just takes a while.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scape, I had the same trouble. The trick is to pick "Edit Details" rather than "Your Profile."

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scapegoat, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
So far this is all I get. Maybe it just takes a while.

Until you get to 50 posts you can not access your profile or anyone else's this way. On the top left (a little down from the top) you see a tab marked user CP, click on this.
Under settings and options on the the left side there is the edit avatar option.

Once you do get to 50 posts you'll be able to get to your profile (or anyone else's by clicking on your user name at the top (or my clicking anyone's profile).
You'll also be able to add a signature and send private messages through your control panel (and it will be an option when you click on someone's user name).

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rev Jim, since you helped with my avitar rescue, I have another problem I'm hoping that you can help me with? Random ads are popping up at the bottom of my screen - it just started in the last week. Is there a way to get rid of them?

The only things I can think of would be to clear out your browsing history and cookies. If you're using internet explorer you can turn up the settings on your pop up blocker (under tools). Try that and see what happens.

Ronster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
many have migrated over to ngsforums.com/forums/

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
many have migrated over to ngsforums.com/forums/

The one thing that turned me off from those boards is you need to sign up for an account before you can view them. Not very inviting if you ask me. I'd rather be somewhere where everything is open to everyone, nothing hiding behind closed doors.

Thumper

The "winners" won't let me post.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thumper

The "winners" won't let me post.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing that turned me off from those boards is you need to sign up for an account before you can view them. Not very inviting if you ask me. I'd rather be somewhere where everything is open to everyone, nothing hiding behind closed doors.

Yeah, Rev. Jim. No way! But they had "smokerunner.com" and you could see everything. That's where all the trolls ended up from that other site.

In fact, I would say that the Admin of that site is a known troll. So you give all your e-mail and personal info,??? Nah. I saw somebody, more than one, get banned on their first or 2nd day at smokerunner, at a whim and capriciously.

It's a troll den imo. I would never join. They even create phony screen names and act like fools purporting to be people from the other site. And ban those to get their jollies.

:bullshit:

btw, Rev Jim, that's amazing that you can hack that old site, (but people can always use new avs I think...)

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw, Rev Jim, that's amazing that you can hack that old site, (but people can always use new avs I think...)
No hacking. I just used way back machine and it recovers older webpages, even if they were deleted by the site. Remember this is the internet, nothing is ever fully deleted.